Opportunity to join a NAVRATNA Company Vizag Steel Plant as Management Trainee (Technical). Visakhapatnam Steel Plant (VSP) is India’s first shore-based integrated Steel Plant built with state-of-the-art technology and is a prime producer of long steel products in the country having extensive market in infrastructure, construction, automobile, electrical and forging industry. With an annual turnover of over 14,000 crores, the Company is poised to commission its second phase of expansion from 3.0 Mtpa to 7.3 Mtpa liquid steel capacity by 2013-14. We have also commenced plans for the next phase of expansion to 11 to 12 Mtpa and diversify into flat
products for a better product mix.
Silhouetted between the azure bay and verdant hills, the Plant is an epitome of technological marvel crafted in nature’s lap, where environment sustenance comes first and a tree is grown for every metric tonne of production capacity added. The residential township is unique of its kind with dense foliage, beautiful parks and wide roads; and provides all modern amenities within and in the vicinity.
Vizag Steel Plant invites young, talented and adventurous engineers to join as Management Trainee (Technical) and grow with us to become tomorrow’s leaders. The company also offers excellent career growth opportunities and superior pay package at par with the leaders in the country.
NUMBER OF POSTS: 162 (UR – 81, OBC – 50, SC – 24, ST – 7).
One (1) post out of the above is earmarked for Physically Challenged (PWD) (Hearing Impaired).
Full-time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in the disciplines of CHEMICAL / CIVIL / COMPUTER SCIENCE / ELECTRICAL / INSTRUMENTATION /MECHANICAL / METALLURGY from a University/Institute recognized by AICTE with minimum
60% of marks in the aggregate of all years / semesters (50% in aggregate for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
Candidates having Degree in related disciplines as given below can apply against the respective discipline: Discipline Eligible Full Time Degrees in Engineering Computer Science Computer Science / Information Technology / MCA (three years) Instrumentation Instrumentation & Control / Electronics & Instrumentation / Electrical, Instrumentation & Control Electrical Electrical / Electrical & Electronics / Electrical, Instrumentation & Control Mechanical Mechanical / Production
Final year students:
Candidates appearing for their Final Year examination and expecting their results can also apply subject to passing the qualifying degree with specified percentage of marks by June 30, 2012 and producing certificate to that effect at the time of interview. Candidates failing toproduce the Provisional Certificate and Marks Sheet in original at the time of interview shall not be considered.
Born not earlier than February 1, 1987. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC(non-creamy layer) and 10 years for PWD candidates. Those domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir from 1/1/1980 to 31/12/1989 will be allowed 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.
Candidates should be of sound physique, free from any physical defect. Minimum requirements are: Height 150cms; Weight 45 kgs; Myopia and Hypermetropia, if any, not to exceed ±4.00D in each eye. No squint and no colour blindness – partial or full. No relaxation in these standards will be made. Candidates may ensure that they fulfill these standards before applying. Suitable relaxation in height and weight will be given to female candidates.
Candidates belonging to OBC category but not covered under ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ and thus, not entitled to OBC reservation, should indicate their category as ‘GENERAL’. The SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) and PWD candidates are required to submit the recent certificates issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format available on the website.
The selection process will consist of Written Test followed by Group Discussion/ Interview. Eligible candidates will be required to appear for a Written Examination, information of which will be provided in the Admit card. Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their
performance in the Written Test will be intimated to appear for Group Discussion / Interview.
- Written test will comprise General Awareness, Numerical Ability, General English, Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning and separate paper for each discipline.
- Eligible registered candidates will have to appear for written test at designated centre at their own expense.
- Written Test will be held simultaneously at Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai. Candidates are required to choose one of these cities as Test Centre and no change under any circumstances will be allowed subsequently. The Company however reserves the right to add/delete any centre and allocate appropriate centre to the candidate at its discretion.
- Likely date for written test is June 10, 2012(Sunday). However, the date may undergo change. Candidates are requested to visit the website regularly for this information.
Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the Written Test will be intimated to appear for Group Discussion/Interview (which may be held at short notice). Please visit the website for information on the same.
Training and Probation
Candidates selected as Management Trainee(Technical) will be placed on training for one year. After successful completion of training, the candidates shall be placed under probation for one year.
Selected candid ates will be offered a basic pay of 20600/- p.m. in the scale of 20600-3%-46500/-(E-1). On successful completion of training, they will be designated as Junior Managers in the same scale of pay. Besides Basic Pay, the MTs(Technical) will also be paid Dearness Allowance. They will also be entitled for other perquisites and benefits such as PF, Gratuity and other perks & allowances as per rules of the Company in vogue. In addition, the Company provides benefits like Leave encashment, housing/HRA and free medical facility for self and dependents as per rules in vogue. The CTC would be around 7.5 lakhs p.a. An amount of 5000/- per month will be deducted from the total emoluments during the period of training and probation, as retention amount, on returnable basis on confirmation of service in the Company after successful completion of training and probation period (two years). The retention amount will be forfeited, on leaving the service/termination of service before confirmation. As this would be direct recruitment on initial basic, the Company will not bear any liability on account of Salary/ leave salary/ pension contribution etc., of previous employment, if any.
- SC/ST/PWD candidates : There will be no application fee for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- General and OBC candidates : Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) for General and OBC candidates. The Application Fee Payment Challan / Pay-in-Slip is to be downloaded from the website after filling in the basic details.
- Application fee must be deposited in “RINL/VSP Recruitment Account No. 30589461220” at any of the Core Banking Branches of State Bank of India (SBI) in the prescribed preprinted Challan. No other form of payment is accepted.
- Candidates have to fill in their own handwriting Date of Deposit, SBI Branch Code No., SBI Branch name, Bank charges and Total amount paid and sign at the appropriate place on the Challan.
- Candidates have to pay bank commission @25/- per Challan for depositing fee at other than SBI, Steel Plant Branch, Visakhapatnam (Code 6318).
- Please insist the fees collecting SBI branch to invariably enter your name and 6 digit registration number mentioned in the Challan in their online screen.
- The candidate is required to enter in the appropriate cells on the online application form the details of SBI branch, Code Number, date of deposit and the Journal Number.
- Downloading of Registration slip cannot be done without deposit of examination/processing fee and obtaining Journal Number from the bank.
- Application Fee can be deposited up to April 23, 2012.
- Application fee once deposited into Company’s account will not be refunded under any circumstances, even if the candidate is unable to apply on-line due to his/her own problems or due to being ineligible at the time of applying or on-line application is not accepted or due to internet failure. Therefore, before depositing the fee amount, the candidates should ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria.
- The candidates should retain their copy of original counterfoil of the Challan (Candidate’s Copy) and Registration slip for future reference.
- Candidates should submit original counterfoil of the Challan (Candidate’s copy) along with their computer generated Registration Slip at the time of interview.
- To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised to apply well in advance.
How to Apply
Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online only through VSP website www.vizagsteel.com. No other means/mode of application shall be accepted.
Starting date for online registration – April 4, 2012
Closing date for online registration – April 23, 2012
Steps for Applying:
- Log on to www.vizagsteel.com and click on “Careers”
- Read CAREFULLY all the instructions given on the website.
- Have the following readily available: (a) e-mail ID (which must be valid for minimum of next Twelve Months)(b) Latest passport size photograph in digital format (.jpg file of less than 50 KB size) and digital format of the signature (.jpg file of less than 50 KB size) for uploading with the application form. The recommended dimensions of the passport photograph are 150(W) X 200(H) pixels. The recommended dimensions of digital format of the signature is150(W) X 50(H) pixels
- (SC/ST/PWD candidates) (a) Enter the basic details like name, date of birth, category, email id and upload your recent passport size photograph and signature.(b) Complete the registration process by filling the balance details like discipline, address, qualification, experience etc. and click SUBMIT.(c) After you click SUBMIT, download the computer generated Registration Slip with unique registration number, your photograph, signature and other essential details. Take a print of the Registration Slip to be produced at the time of written test/ interview.
- (GEN/OBC candidates) a) Enter the basic details like name, date of birth, category, email id and upload your recent passport size photograph and signature.b) Download the application fee payment challan with your name, date of birth, registration number and photograph printed on it. c) Deposit the fee in SBI and obtain the stamped Counterfoil (Candidate’s copy) along with deposit Journal Number. d) Log on the MT (T) Online application site, click on Stage-2 details Entry Button, and enter your registration number and date of birth.e) Fill in the online form with your balance details like payment particulars, discipline, address, qualification experience etc., and click SUBMIT.f) After you click SUBMIT, download the computer generated Registration Slip with unique registration number, your photograph, signature and other essential details. Take a print of the Registration Slip to be produced at the time of written test/ interview.
- Candidates who do not complete the Registration process by entering all the details and do not take print-out of their Registration Slip will not be considered for the written test even if they have uploaded their photograph and signature and/or paid their application fees.
- The online registration site would be open from April 4, 2012 to April 23, 2012. All correspondence with the candidates shall be done through e-mail / announcement on the website only. All information regarding examination schedule / admit card / interview call letters etc. shall be provided through e-mail / to be downloaded from website. Responsibility of receiving / downloading and printing of admit card shall be of the candidate. Company will not be responsible for any loss of e-mail sent, ue to invalid / wrong e-mail ID provided by the candidate or due to other reasons.
- Candidates are advised to visit the website on or after May 25, 2012 for further instructions regarding downloading of Admit Cards.