Vizag Steel Plant Junior Trainee Recruitment 2012
Vizag steel plant has announced notification for recruitment of 453 Junior Trainees. Applications are invited from qualified, young and energetic Indian nationals with good health and sound physique to join as Junior Trainees in Visakhapatnam Steel Plant. The job involves working in 3 rotation shifts and only MALE candidates are eligible to apply. However, Female candidates can apply for Electronics & Instrumentation branch only.
Number of Vacancies
Four hundred and fifty three (453) :
- UR – 227, OBC – 137,
- SC – 75, ST – 14
Branch wise vacancies :
- Mechanical – 308
- Electrical – 105
- Electronics & Instrumentation – 40
Preference will be given to Displaced Persons of Visakhapatnam Steel Plant. However Displaced Persons of VSP need not apply against this advertisement since the list of all the eligible Displaced Persons registered with Sub-Employment Exchange, Gajuwaka will be obtained from the Sub-Employment Exchange and they will be considered.
Seventeen(17) posts out of the above are reserved for PWD category as under:
- Partially Blind – 6 (including 1 backlog vacancy)
- Hearing Impaired – 6 (including 2 backlog vacancies)
- Orthopaedically Handicapped (40% to 74% disability) – 5
Reservation for Meritorious Sportspersons / Ex-Servicemen (including dependants of those killed in action) / Minority will be given as per rules.
APPLICATION FEE (For other than SC/ST/PWD candidates)
- 300/- (Rupees Three Hundred only).
- Application fees must be deposited in “RINL Recruitment Account No. 30589461220” at any of the core banking branches of State Bank of India in the prescribed Challan.
- No other form of payment is accepted.
- Format for Challan is available on the website www.vizagsteel.com on the link “Careers”.
- Candidates have to pay maximum bank commission @ 25/- per Challan for depositing fees at other than SBI, Steel Plant Branch, Visakhapatnam, Branch Code 6318.
- Candidates must fill up the SBI Branch name, Branch Code, candidate’s name and date of birth carefully in the Challan and sign at the place “Deposited by _____________”.
- Last date for deposit of Application fees is 23.5.2012. However, candidates should deposit their fees well ahead since online application also closes on 23.5.2012 at 5.30 PM.
- Candidates should mention in the appropriate column in the online application form the details of SBI branch, Branch code, City, date of deposit and the Journal Number.
- Application fees once deposited into RINL’s account will not be refunded under any circumstances, for electrical or internet failure or Registration slip not received in time due to postal delay / loss or even if the candidate is rejected on scrutiny or any other reason.
- The candidate should retain his/her copy of the counterfoil of the Challan for future reference.
Educational Qualification Required
Age Limit for the junior trainee post
- As on 01.5.2012 Not less than 18 years and not more than 25 years as on 01.5.2012 i.e. born between 01.5.1987 and 30.4.1994 (both days inclusive).
- Upper Age limit for SC/ST-30 years, OBC(Non-creamy layer) – 28 years.
- Relaxation in Upper Age limit will be given for the following categories as under:
- Persons with Disability (PWD) – 10 years
- Meritorious Sports persons – 5 years
- Ex-Servicemen – As per rules
Pay Scale/Salary and Training
Selected candidates will be on training for a period of twenty four (24) months which may be extended for cases where progress during training is not found satisfactory.
Candidates will be paid a monthly stipend of 8250/- (consolidated) during the first year and a monthly stipend of 9350/- (consolidated) during the remaining period of training. On satisfactory completion of training, candidates will be considered for appointment on probation to a regular post, subject to availability of vacancies in any Operation/Maintenance/ Service/ Mines area, with a minimum basic pay of 9160/- in the pay scale of 9160-3%-13150/- (S-3) with usual D.A. and allowances as admissible under the Rules in force from time to time.
The basic physical standards are:
Height: 150 cms, Weight: 45 kgs, Chest: Unexpanded-75 cms,
Expanded – 80 cms
Colour Vision: No squint and no color blindness – partial or full.
Eye Sight: Power of glasses not to exceed ±2, if worn.
The above physical standards are only indicative and not exhaustive.
- Written test on General Aptitude (including knowledge in English and Telugu) and Branch (Mechanical/ Electrical/Electronics & Instrumentation)
- Test paper will be set in bilingual in English and Telugu
- Candidates shortlisted based on performance in written test will be called for interview
- Merit list will be prepared separately for each branch and candidates will be selected as per the vacancies in each branch.
How to Apply
- Log on to www.vizagsteel.com , go to the link Careers and click on “Recruitment of Junior Trainees”
- Read CAREFULLY all the instructions given on the website. ENSURE that you are eligible for the post in all respects.
- Have the counterfoil of Challan of Application fees in hand. Applications will not be registered without the details of Journal Number, Branch Code No., City and date of deposit. (This is not required for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Fill in the Online Application Form carefully with your particulars.
- After you click SUBMIT, verify that you have fed all your particulars correctly. Download the system generated Registration Slip with unique registration number and other essential details with space for passport size photograph and signature. Take a print of the Registration Slip on thick white A4 size paper, affixand self-attest your passport color photograph and sign on the Registration Slip at the space provided. Please retain two identical photographs to be used at the time of written test / Interview (Change of photograph at the time of written test / interview shall render the applicant ineligible).
- Send the following by ORDINARY POST to “Post Box No.395, Andhra University Post Office, Visakhapatnam – 530003” so as to reach latest by 31.5.2012:
- The Original Registration Slip with photograph affixed and self attested.
- VSP copy of Application fees challan (For other than SC /ST / PWD
candidates). At the reverse side of the Challan write your Registration No.
- Please superscribe the envelope- “APPLICATION FOR THE POST of JUNIOR TRAINEE in VSP”.
- The online registration site would be open from 7.5.2012 – 10AM to 23.5.2012 –
- Likely date for Written Test is July 22, 2012 (Sunday).
- The list of eligible candidates for written test will be put on the website www.vizagsteel.com under the link “Careers” by July 10, 2012.
- Candidates who do not receive their Admit Cards by July 16, 2012 should download the same from the website.