United India Insurance Company, a leading Public Sector General Insurance Company wholly owned by Government of India renders service with highest network across the country in the non-life insurance industry. A rapidly growing company with 1436 offices, highest in the whole non-life insurance industry throughout the country has crossed gross premium of Rs.8000 Cr and standing tall
in the industry with its unique style of best service to the customers.
UIIC Generalist and Specialist Officer Recruitment 2012
The company is celebrating its Platinum Jubilee in this year, and leading the non-life insurance industry with its innovative products and approach. A technologically advanced, customer friendly company with the solvency margin of 2.75, the best in the industry is
rated iAAA by ICRA for 8 consecutive years. The company is recognized with the awards of “Best General Insurer of the Year 2010” by
NDTV Profit, one of the top three General Insurers in Asia at 14th Asia Insurance Industry Awards 2010, Skoch Financial Inclusion Award for 2011, Bloomberg UTV Award for the Best General Insurer (Public Sector) of the Year 2011 and Best Insurer – Non Life by the “Dalal Street Investment Journal’s PSU Awards 2011.”
The company is in the task of recruiting young and dynamic candidates for its offices all over India for its requirement in Specialist and Generalist disciplines. Applications are invited from Indian Citizens for the post of Administrative Officer (Scale I).
Total No of Vacancies:
Total Vacancies SC ST OBC Un-reserved
350 45 21 92 192
Eligibility Criteria for UIIC Generalist and Specialist Officer s 2012 Notification:
Minimum educational qualification
Age Limit (As on 31.12.2011) :
- Minimum age : 21 years
- Maximum age limit :
Application Fee for UIIC Generalist and Specialist Officer Recruitment 2012
Fee payment are to be made thro’ any Branch of State Bank of India by paying appropriate application fee in Account No 32225814791 in favour of “UNITED INDIA INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED” by filling the Fee Payment Challan (AVAILABLE IN OUR WEBSITE)
and remitting the amount. The amount of fee to be paid is indicated below:
Date of Written Examination for UIIC Recruitment 2012: 3rd June 2012
Salary and Benefits for Generalist and Specialist Officer UIIC Recruitment 2012
Salary is Rs.30,000/- p.m. (approx). Basic pay in the scale of Rs.17240/-840(14)-29000-910(4)-32640 and other admissible allowances as applicable. Besides emoluments, other benefits like Gratuity, LTS, Medical Benefits, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Group Savings Linked Insurance Scheme (GSLI), Performance Linked Incentive (PLI) and Pension as applicable would be extended as per rules of the Company.
Selection Process for Generalist and Specialist Officer UIIC Recruitment 2012
Candidates will be called for written examination which would comprise of Multiple Choice Objective Type Test, Aptitude Tests & Professional Knowledge Test specific to each of the Group (A, B ,C, D & E) as may be applicable. Details will be given in the Call Letter for Written Examination which will be made available for download from website
Descriptive Test for Generalist and Specialist Officer UIIC Recruitment 2012
The test in English language shall be Descriptive paper comprising Essay, Precis, Comprehension etc. On the basis of performance in written examination, candidates will be called for interview and final selection will be made on the performance in written examination and interview. Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro second class rail fare/bus fare by the shortest route from the station of residence to the place of interview on production of evidence of having undertaken journey for interview purpose.
Examination Centres for Generalist and Specialist Officer UIIC Recruitment 2012
Competitive written examination will be held at specific centres in India. The candidates may choose any one of the following centres which must be indicated in the application form clearly. No change of the center will be allowed at a later date. Company reserves the
right to direct candidates to appear at a centre other than the one chosen by them for written examination without monetary assistance. Company reserves the right to hold the written examination at some and not all the examination centres listed below depending upon the number of candidates and other relevant factors. Appearing in the written exam will not automatically confirm any right of being selected for the above said posts.
How to Apply for Generalist and Specialist Officer UIIC Recruitment 2012
- Candidates are required to apply Online through website www.uiic.co.in. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates are required to have a valid personal email ID. It should be kept active during the currency of this recruitment. The company may send call letters for written test, interview etc. through the registered email ID. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/ mention email ID to/ or of any other person. Candidates can also download their call letters from the website by logging in using their application number and date of birth. Call letters will be uploaded on the website about two weeks before the date of written examination.
- In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/ her new email ID before applying Online.
- Applicants are first required to go to the UIIC’s website www.uiic.co.in and open the link ‘Recruitment’. Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification entitled ‘UIIC ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS RECRUITMENT – 2011′
- Take a print of the entire Recruitment Notification, including the ‘FEES PAYMENT CHALLAN’.
- Fill in the Fee Payment Challan in a clear and legible handwriting in BLOCK LETTERS.
- Candidates are required to visit a Branch of State Bank of India with the Fee Payment Challan duly filled in and pay, in Cash the appropriate Application Fee in Account No 32225814791 in favour of “United India Insurance Company Limited”.
- Obtain the Counterfoil (Applicant’s Copy) of the Fee Payment Challan duly received by the Bank with (a) Branch Name & Code Number (b) Transaction ID/Journal No (c) Date of Deposit & Amount filled by the Branch Official.
- Candidates are now ready to apply Online by re-visiting the Recruitment Page of the UIIC’s website and going to the sublink titled “Online APPLICATION FOR UIIC ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS RECRUITMENT 2012″. Click on this sublink will open up the appropriate Online Application Format.
- Carefully fill in the necessary details from the Fee Payment Challan in the Online Application Form at the appropriate places. Fill in other required details therein and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the On-line Application Form.
- After applying on-line, take a print out of the system generated online application form and retain it for future reference. DO not send this printout to the company.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply on line much before the closing date and not to wait till last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on to the company’s website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam.
- The company does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit the application within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the company.
- Candidates are advised to frequently visit the company’s website for any information which may be put for further guidance.
- The name of the candidate or his/ her father/ husband etc should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/ mark sheets.
Important Dates for Generalist and Specialist Officer UIIC Recruitment 2012
Website Link Open From 07.04.2012 To 25.04.2012
Date of Written Test 03.06.2012 (Tentatively)
Payment of fees at SBI Branches From 07.04.2012 To 25.04.2012