United Bank of India Clerk Recruitment 2012 through IBPS
United Bank of India (UBI) is one of the 14 major banks which were nationalized on July 19, 1969. Its predecessor the United Bank of India Ltd., was formed in 1950 with the amalgamation of four banks viz. Comilla Banking Corporation Ltd. (1914), Bengal Central Bank Ltd. (1918), Comilla Union Bank Ltd. (1922) and Hooghly Bank Ltd. (1932) (which were established in the years indicated in brackets after the names). The origin of the Bank thus goes as far back as to 1914. As against 174 branches, Rs. 147 crores of deposits and Rs. 112 crores of advances at the time of nationalisation in July, 1969, today the Bank is 100% CBS enabled with more than 1600 branches and offices and is having a Total business of more than Rs 1.5 lac crore. Presently the Bank is having a Three-tier organisational set-up consisting of the Head Office, 33 Regional Offices and the Branches.
United Bank of India invites Online application for filling up 751 Single Window Operators ‘A’(in Clerical cadre ) posts, from Indian citizens who have appeared at the Common Written Examination for Clerical cadre conducted by IBPS in 2011-12 and have a valid Score card issued by IBPS,Mumbai.
Payment of Application Fees 08-06-2012 to 22-06-2012
Opening date for Online Registration 08-06-2012
Last Date for Online Registration (Including for candidates from far-flung areas ) 22-06-2012
Pay Scale : 7200-400/3-8400-500/3-9900-600/4-12300-700/7-17200-1300/1-18500-800/1-19300 .
Emoluments: Starting monthly emoluments for Graduates will be ` 14161.00 (approx) inclusive of DA & HRA & Transport Allowance at the Metropolitan Centre. In addition Medical benefits, Leave fare Concession, Retirement benefits are admissible as per bank’s rules.
Pass with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (55 % for SC/ST/OBC/PWD category in 10+2 of 10+2+3 pattern or its equivalent from a recognized Board Or Graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent
qualification recognized as such by Central Government.
Valid IBPS Score obtained in CWE for Clerks 2011-12 (As stipulated above) Individual Test Cut off: 24 for unreserved category and 21 for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EXSM.
Computer Knowledge/ Qualifications
Candidates must have successfully completed a basic computer course of at least three months duration from an institute recognized by Central/State Government /AICTE or studied Computer as one of the subjects in Secondary /Higher secondary /Graduation level under 10+2+3 System. Should have proficiency in the official language of the State/UT (ability to read, write and speak local /state language) Candidates should have appeared from a centre in a State/UT for which vacancies he/she wishes to apply.
The candidates who are interested have to check with age limit. The minimum age is 18 years and 28 years
Application Fee (INCLUDING POSTAGE/ INTIMATION CHARGES) (NONREFUNDABLE) :
For SC/ST/ExServicemen /PWD : Rs.20/-
For all others (including OBC) : Rs.100.00/-
Selection for Clerical Cadre posts will be made on the basis of performance in Common Written Examination (CWE) conducted by IBPS in November-December 2011 and Personal Interview. Merit list of the candidates for final selection based on aggregate marks obtained by them in CWE of IBPS and Personal Interview will be prepared in descending order under each SC/ST/OBC/UR category statewise.
Depending upon the number of vacancies only those candidates who have obtained minimum Cut-off score as specified above and having sufficiently high IBPS score in the stipulated Common Written Examination shall be called for Personal Interview in the ratio 1:5. The total marks for Interview will be 100. The minimum qualifying marks for Interview will be 40 (35 for SC/ST/PWD/OBC/EXSM) The candidate may also be required to possess proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT for which vacancies he wishes to apply. The Profiency in local language will be tested at the time of interview.
The Interview will be held at the following centres and the address of the venue will be advised in the call letters. The address of the venues will also be displayed in the Bank’s website one week before the dates for commencement of Interviews. The Interview will be held at Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi , Chennai , Guwahati, Agartala ,Bhubaneswar ,Lucknow, Patna & Ranchi Centres .
Note: (i) Request for change of Centre of Interview shall NOT be entertained. (ii) Bank reserves the right to cancel any of the centres and/or add some other centres, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc. Bank also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any of the centres other than the one he/she has opted for
How to Apply
- (i) Candidates are required to apply online through website www.unitedbankofindia.com No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- (ii) Candidates should ensure that their personal email ID (as specified in the online application form while applying for Common Written Examination CWE conducted in November/ December 2011) is kept active during the currency of a recruitment project. Bank may send call letters for Interview etc. to the registered e-mail ID.
- (iii) Applicants are first required to go to the Bank’s website ‘www.unitedbankofindia.com ’ and click on the link “Recruitment of Clerical Cadre 2012-13”.
- (iv) Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification entitled “UNITED BANK OF INDIA CLERICAL CADRE RECRUITMENT PROJECT-2012-13”.
- (v) In case a candidate chooses to pay fees through branches of the Bank,
- the candidate should take a printout of the fee payment challan
- Fill in the Fee Payment Challan in a clear and legible handwriting in BLOCK LETTERS.
- Go to the nearest United Bank Branch with the Fee payment Challan and pay, in Cash, the appropriate Application Fee in CBS Account Nos.0389050194259 with Old Court House Street Branch in the name & style of “UNITED BANKOF INDIA CLERICAL CADRE RECRUITMENT PROJECT 2012-13”. The details of fee to be paid is indicated below :
- (vi) In case a candidate chooses to pay fees through NEFT (IFSC Code : UTBI0OCH175) :
- Go to the nearest branch of any Bank and pay in Cash, the appropriate Application Fee in Account Nos. 0389050194259 with Old Court House Street Branch in the name & style of “UNITED BANK OF INDIA CLERICAL CADRE RECRUITMENT PROJECT 2012-13”. The details of fee to be paid is indicated below
- Fill in the NEFT Receipt in a clear and legible handwriting in BLOCK LETTERS.
- (vii) Obtain the Applicant’s Counterfoil Copy of the Application Fee Payment Challan/ NEFT Receipt duly authenticated by the Bank with (a) Branch Name & code No, (b) Transaction id/Scroll number (in case of payment through CBS) NEFT UTR No. (in case of payment through NEFT) (c) Date of Deposit & amount filled by the Branch Official.
- (viii) Candidates are now ready to Apply Online by re-visiting the Recruitment Link on the Bank’s website and going to the sublink titled “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR UNITED BANK OF INDIA CLERICAL CADRE RECRUITMENT PROJECT 2012-13” to open up the appropriate Online Application Format. All the fields in the online Application format should be filled up carefully.
- (ix) Carefully fill in the details such as fee payment details from the CBS Challan/ NEFT Receipt in the Online Application Form, scores obtained in stipulated CWE etc. at the appropriate places.
- (x) Original fee payment receipt i.e CBS challan/ NEFT Receipt/ e-receipt will have to be submitted with the Call Letter at the time of Group Discussion/ Interview. Without originalCBS challan/ NEFT receipt/ e-receipt the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Interview. Candidates are also advised to keep a photocopy of the fee payment challan with them.
- (xi) The name of the candidate or his/her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/marksheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- (xii) CANDIDATES SHOULD NOT SUBMIT A PRINTOUT OF THE APPLICATION / FEE PAYMENT RECEIPT (CBS challan/ NEFT receipt) TO THE BANK AT THIS STAGE.
- (xiii) Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
- (xiv) The Application printout along with the fee payment receipt and required copies of documents should be kept ready for submission if shortlisted for Interview.
- The applicant should sign and affix his/her photograph on such printout of application and keep the same ready for submission if selected for Interview along with copies of required documents mentioned below:
- Original fee payment receipt (CBS challan/ NEFT receipt)
- Valid IBPS Scorecard for the stipulated examination
- Attested copy of School leaving certificate or any other document as proof of age acceptable to the Bank.
- Attested copies of Mark sheets / certificates in support of Educational Qualification;
- Attested copy of certificate of Computer Course, as applicable;
- Caste / PWD any other related certificate as applicable.
- Photo identity proof.
- Any other relevant document
If selected for Group Discussion/ interview, candidates serving in Government / Public Sector Undertakings (including Banks & Financial Institutions) will be required to submit their applications accompanied by a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer, in the absence of which their candidature will not be considered. It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she has met with the eligibility criteria and complied with the requirements and adhered to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.
Call Letters for Group Discussion / Interview
Intimation for Call letters for the Interview will be sent by E-mail to the shortlisted candidates to their Email id given in the application form at the time of applying for Common Written Examination (CWE) in November/ December 2011. Candidates have to download the Call Letter from bank’s website by entering his / her details. Candidate has to affix his/her photograph on the call letter. Candidate has to bring this call letter along with original fee payment receipt and requisite enclosures while attending the Interview without which they will not be allowed to take up the Interview.