TNPSC Group 4 General Knowledge
S.S.L.C STANDARD Code: 001
1. GENERAL SCIENCE Will Cover General appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of everyday observations and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made any special study of any scientific discipline. The questions shall be from topics- in Physics, Chemistry and Biology viz.,. Scientific Laws, Scientific instruments, Inventions and Discoveries. Scientists and their contributions. Human Physiology, Diseases, their cause, cure and prevention, DietBalanced diet, human Genetics, Animals, Mammals and Birds, Environment and Ecology. Elements and Compounds. Acids, Bases and Salts and allied Subjects, Motion, Newtons Laws of Motion – Properties of Matter, Electricity, National Laboratories and other related topics.
2. HISTORY OF INDIA: Dates and events relating to indus Valley Civilisation, Vedic, Aryan and Sangam Age, Maurya Dynasty, Buddhism and Jainism, Guptas and Vardhanas, Pallavas, Cholas and Pandias, Sultanate and Mughal Period. Advent of European powers specially the British and other related topics.
3. GEOGRAPHY OF INDIA: Earth, Motions of Earth, Rotation and Revolution and their effects, Structure of Earth, Natural regions of India, Weather, Monsoon and Climate. Rainfall, Natural Calamities, Indian Towns and Places, Hill Stations, National parks, Major Ports, Crops and Minerals, Location of Major Industries, Forests and Wildlife, Population distribution in India and other related topics.
4. ECONOMICS AND COMMERCE: Agriculture, Major crops and crop pattern in India, Industrial Development, Major medium, small scale and cottage Industries of Tamil Nadu. Village and Rural Development in India. Housing, Drinking water and other developmental schemes – price policy, Inflation, population and unemployment problems, imports and exports.
5. INDIAN POLITY: Indian Consitution, Salient features, citizenship, elections, Parliament and State Legistature, Executive set up of States, Judiciary system, Local self Governments, Centre – State Relations, Language Policy, Foreign policy.
6. INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT: National freedom movement and attainment of independence -contribution of National Leaders like Bal Ganga Dhar Tilak, Gopalakrishna Gokhale, Dada Bhai Nauvroji Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and others – Role of Tamil Nadu in Freedom Movement, Bharathiyar, V.O.C, Subramaniya Siva, Rajaji and others.
7. CURRENT EVENTS: Latest development in Science and technology, political developments in India, New developments in Trade, Transport and communicaton, historical events. Fine arts like dance, drama, films, painting, major literary works Games and Sports, National, International awards, National and International organisations, Abbreviations, who is who, Books and Authors, General Terminology, India and its Neighbours, present day India and other related topics.
8. MENTAL ABILITY TESTS: These tests are ment to verify the candidate’s capability to draw conclusions through, inductive or deductive reasoning from tables and charts. It will include elementary problems from school mathematics.
Note: Some of the questions asked in this paper shall be exclusively with reference to Tamil Nadu.