Notification for Teacher Recruitment is released by Tamil Nadu Recruitment Board for the year 2012.Applications are invited upto 5.30 p.m. on 04.04.2012 for Teacher Eligibility Tests for the year 2012 from the candidates in Tamil Nadu.
In accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of section 23 of the RTE Act, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) had vide Notification dated 23 rd August, 2010 laid down the minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in classes I to VIII. It had been inter alia provided that one of the essential qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in any of the schools referred to in clause (n) of section 2 of the RTE Act is that he/she should pass the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) which will be conducted by the appropriate Government in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE. Teachers Recruitment Board is designated as the Nodal Agency for conducting of Teacher Eligibility Test and recruitment of Teachers as per G.O. (Ms) No. 181, School Education (C2) Department, Dated 15.11.2011
The Secondary Grade and Graduate Teachers (BT Assistants) appointed with the prescribed qualifications in Government, Government Aided and Un-aided Schools on or after 23 rd August, 2010. Teachers working in Unaided Institutions without the prescribed qualifications shall acquire such minimum qualifications within a period of 5 years and should pass the TET. All Candidates with necessary qualifications and seeking for appointment as Teachers for Classes I to VIII
Important Dates for TNTET Notification 2012
Eligibility Criteria for TN TET Notification 2012
Candidates should possess the following prescribed qualifications to write the Teacher Eligibility Test
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Course (10+2 Pattern) and Diploma in Teacher Education in a Recognized Teacher Training Institute / DIET and seeking an appointment as Teacher for classes I to V (except Visually Impaired Candidates) can write Paper I.
- Candidates who have passed a Bachelor’sDegree(B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Litt.) with Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography or a Degree with any one of the equivalent subjects from a Recognized University under 10+2+3 Pattern and a Degree in Teacher Education (B.Ed.) from a Recognized University and seeking an appointment as Teacher for classes VI to VIII can write Paper II.
- Candidates appearing for the Final Year Examination of D.T.Ed. / B.Ed. during the current Academic Year are also eligible to appear for the Teacher Eligibility Test.
Teacher Eligibility Test Papers for TN TET Notification 2012
- Paper I will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Classes I to V. Number of Questions 150 MCQs and the Duration of the Examination is 1 Hour and 30 Minutes.
- Paper II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Classes VI to VIII. Number of Questions 150 MCQs and the Duration of the Examination is 1 Hour and 30 Minutes.
- A person who intends to teach both Classes I to V and VI to VIII will have to appear for both Papers I and II.
Syllabus for TN TET 2012
All questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each carrying one mark, with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct. There will be no negative marking.
Exam Pattern for TN TET 2012
Question Papers will have 150 Multiple Choice Questions in the subjects under the relevant papers as mentioned above. Candidates have to mark the right choice of answers among the four options. Each right answer will be awarded one mark. There will not be any negative marking. . The questions for all the subjects (except languages) will be both in Tamil and English. The syllabi for the subjects covered are already published in the Government Gazettes. However they will be issued along with the Application Form and Prospectus.
Find Syllabus from here