SSC Prasar Bharati Syllabus 2013
Prasar Bharati Recruitment 2013 through SSC Notification pdf has been released. Candidates who are interested and satisfy eligibility criteria can apply online before last date 19th April 2013. Candidates who are applying have to find complete details like exam SSC Prasar Bharati Syllabus 2013, exam pattern, model papers, previous papers, hall ticket/admit card, online application form, challan form, books on SSC Prasar Bharati Recruitment 2013 for 1238 Programme Executive and Transmission Executives.
SSC Prasar Bharati Exam Pattern 2013
Selection for the posts will be based on a Written Examination which will be conducted by Staff Selection Commission. The examination will consist of two papers for all Posts,as detailed below:
< / tr>< / tr>< / tr>< / tr>
|Duration & Timing|
|Paper – I
|(a)General Intelligence & Reasoning
(b)General English (50 questions)
|10.00 AM to 12.00
Noon (2 hrs)
10.00 AM to 12.40
PM for VH
|Language and literature concerned||200||2.00 PM to 3.30 PM
(1 ½ hrs)
2.00 PM to 4.00 PM
for VH candidates
* The Staff Selection Commission may at its discretion conduct a descriptive test as paper-II to check the knowledge of language and literature relevant to the post applied for.
- NOTE I: Individual cut off will be prescribed in Paper-I & Paper-II (if conducted). Paper-II (if conducted) of only those candidates will be evaluated who meet the cut off for Paper-I.
- NOTE II: Only those candidates who meet the cut off in Paper-II (if conducted) as prescribed by the Commission will be called for Interview.
- NOTE III: Commission may prescribe, at its option, separate cut off in Interview for general and reserved category candidates.
- NOTE-IV: Candidates are advised to note that they will be considered for only one post based on this recruitment.
- NOTE-V: Allocation of candidates for the posts of Transmission Executive will be done on the basis of Merit –cum-option of Zone and there after for different places within the Zone. Seniority in these Grades will be maintained within the Zone
SSC Prasar Bharati Syllabus 2013
General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern –folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other subtopics, if any.
General Awareness : General Awareness will predominantly includes questions on Rural Development, Language, Agriculture, Sports, Culture, Tradition, Literature etc.
General English: Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting mis-spelt words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage &comprehension passage.
Paper – II : Language and literature in concerned language if held. NOTE: Questions in the two papers will be of a level commensurate with Qualifications prescribed for posts included in the examination.