SSC Constable GD Syllabus -SSC Constable GD Model Question Paper
Staff Selection Commission has released notification for filling up 22006 Constable (GD) in ITBPF, BSF,CISF,CRPF and SSB and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles.Candidates who are desirous for the police constable post and satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply online at website http://ssconline.nic.in. and http://ssconline2.gov.in. The facility of online application will be available from 15.12.2012 to 09.01.2013 for filling up part-I and till 11.01.2013 for part-II.Candidates who are applying can find important details like challan form, fee payment, online application form, online registration number,exam center,PST,PET, admit card,written exam syllabus,pattern,cutoff marks,question papers,medical exam,joining letter, appoinrment letter, results of SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2013.
Scheme of Examination
I. Physical Standards Test : (Female candidates are eligible for posts earmarked for them only).
- (i) All candidates applying for the recruitment and prima-facie eligible will be called to appear in Physical Standards Test and Physical Efficiency Test at places finalized by the Commission in consultation with the CAPFs. Detailed scrutiny of their eligibility will not be undertaken by the Commission before PET/ PST. Therefore, it will be the responsibility of the candidate to verify their eligibility as prescribed in this notice before appearing for PST/ PET
- (ii) Physical standards laid down for the post of Constable are
- a) Height:
- For Males : 170 cms
- For Females : 157 cms.
- b) Chest: (For males only)
- Unexpanded : 80 cms.
- Expanded : Min expansion 5 cms.
- c) Weight :
- For males and Females : Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards
- a) Height:
II. Physical Standard Test(PST)/Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- a) Candidates who are found eligible on height parameters will undergo PET (race) followed by biometric identification & screening of testimonials and thereon chest and weight measurements by a board.
- b) Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
- For Males : 5 Kms in 24 minutes.
- For Females : 1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes
- For Candidates of f Ladakh Region :
- For Males : 1 Mile in 6 ½ minutes
- For Females : 800 meters in 4 minutes
- c) Pregnancy at the time of PET will be considered a disqualification and pregnant female candidates shall be rejected at this stage
- d) PET will not be held for Ex-Servicemen. However, they will be required to qualify in the medical examination.
III. Written Examination – 12th May, 2013
The candidates qualifying in PST/PET will be called for a Written Examination. Though the Commission will endeavour to accommodate the candidates in centres opted by him / her, it may combine the centres or divert the candidates to other centres, depending on administrative convenience. The Written examination will consist of only one objective type paper containing 100 questions and carrying 100 marks, with the following composition
SSC Constable GD Model Question Paper
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration/
|Part – A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|| Two Hours(10.00 A.M. to
|Part – B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
|Part – C||Elementary Mathematics||25||25|
|Part – D||English/Hindi||25||25|
All questions will be of Objective Multiple Choice Types. Questions will be set bilingually in Hindi and English/ Trilingually in English and Hindi/Kashmiri (Urdu Script for J&K), Marathi(Maharashtra), Gujarati(Gujarat), Malayalam(Kerala), Kannada(Karnataka), Telugu (Andhra Pradesh),Tamil (Tamil Nadu), Oriya(Odisha), Bengali(West Bengal and Tripura), Punjabi (Gurmukhi script for Punjab),Assamese (Assam & Arunachal Pradesh),Manipuri(Manipur) and Mizo(Mizoram). Accordingly the paper can be answered in any of these languages in Parts A, B and C. Candidates are required to attempt either Hindi or English section of Part „D‟ of the question paper.
SSC Constable GD Syllabus of Written Examination 2013
A. General Intelligence & Reasoning: Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
B. General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific
Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
C. Elementary Mathematics: This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
D. English/Hindi : Candidates‟ ability to understand basic English/ Hindi, his basic comprehension would be tested.
*The questions in all the above components will be of Matriculation level.