SSC CHSL Typing Test 2012 - SSC Combined Higher Secondary Typing Test Date 2012
Commission will hold a Combined All India Open Examination for recruitment to the posts of Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk for which 12thStandard Pass or equivalent is the minimum qualification. The Examination will comprise of a Written Objective Type Examination followed by Data Entry Skill Test
All candidates who are called for appearing at the Skill Test/Typing Test will be required to produce the relevant Certificate in Original such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificate, as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01.08.2012, Community Status certificate etc. failing which the candidature of such candidate will be cancelled by the Commission
Typing Test for LDCs:
Typing Test will be conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Written Examination. Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form. The choice of language in the application will be final and no change will be allowed.
Typing Test will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission will be of qualifying in nature. Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes. Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.Passage Dictators will be provided to each of VH candidates for the Typewriting test. The Passage Dictators will read out the passage to the VH candidates within the allotted time period.
- 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. corresponds to 10500 key depressions per hour/9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
- OH candidates who claim to be permanently unfit to take the typewriting test because of a physical disability may, with the prior approval of the Commission, be exempted from the requirement of appearing and qualifying at such test, provided such a candidate submits a Certificate in the prescribed format to the Commission from the competent Medical Authority, i.e., the Civil Surgeon declaring him/her to be permanently unfit for the Typewriting Test because of a physical disability.
- If an OH candidate who submits a Medical Certificate from the Medical Board attached to VRC for PH persons or from the Medical Board attached to Special Employment Exchange for PH persons, his/her claim for exemption from Typewriting Test would be accepted. However, if, she/he submits Medical Certificate from Civil/Orthopaedic Surgeon, his/her case would be referred to a Medical Board in a Government Hospital or Medical Board attached to VRC/Special EmploymentExchange for PH persons for clearance.OH Candidates seeking exemption from Typing test on medical ground must substantiate their claim by furnishing the relevant Medical Certificate in the prescribed Format as published in this Notice (Annexure-IX ) at the time of Typing Test. Otherwise their claim for seeking exemption from Typing Test will not be entertained by the Commission.
- If any candidate does not opt for any medium for typing, his option will be deemed to be for English medium.
- Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination, as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, will be called for Typing Test. The Commission may also, at its discretion, fix qualifying the minimum qualifying marks in each component of the written examination.