Southern Railway Recruitment 2012
Southern Railway Recruitment Notification 2012 has been released which is purely on merit basis. Applications are invited in the prescribed format from the Persons With Disabilities (PWD) (Physically challenged/handicapped) Citizens of India and from such other persons declared eligible by Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India to fill up 195 vacancies from Open Market to the post listed at Para 2 in Southern Railway (S.Rly.), Chennai.
Examination Fee : NO EXAMINATION FEE IS REQUIRED
1.Section Engineer / Drawing / Engineer: 01post
2. Junior Engineer / Electrical: 09posts
3. Junior Engineer / Work Shops: 02posts
4. Junior Engineer / Carriage & Wagon: 06posts
5. Junior Engineer / Diesel Mechanic: 01post
6. Junior Engineer / Drawing / Electrical: 03posts
7. Junior Engineer / P.Way: 01post
8. Junior Engineer / Drawing / Engineer: 01post
9. Junior Engineer / Works / Engineer: 02posts
10. Junior Engineer / Track Machine: 01post
11. Assistant Station Master: 25posts
12. Goods Guard: 07posts
13. Technician / Grade III / Electrical: 33posts
14. Technician / Grade III / C & W / Fitter: 10posts
15. Technician / Grade III / Diesel / Mechanic: 09posts
16. Technician / Grade III / Diesel / Electrical: 07posts
17. Technician / Grade III / Carpenter: 02posts
18. Technician / Grade III / Welder: 06posts
19. Technician / Grade III / Machinist: 16posts
20. Technician / Grade III / Painter: 02posts
21. Technician / Grade III / Fitter: 01post
22. Technician / Grade III / Mechanical / Fitter: 05posts
23. Technician / Grade III / Turner: 01post
24. Technician / Grade III / Fitter / Work Shop: 14posts
25. Technician / Signal / Grade II: 01post
26. Technician / Signal / Grade III: 03posts
27. Technician / Telecommunication / Grade III: 01post
28. Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk: 01post
29. Ticket Collector: 06posts
30. Teacher / Grade I / Physics: 01post
31. Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant / Grade I: 01post
32. Junior Accounts Assistant: 01post
33. Staff Nurse: 02posts
34. Health & Malaria Inspector: 04posts
35. Pharmacist / Grade III: 02posts
36. Junior Steno: 03posts
37. Junior Clerk: 01post
38. Senior Clerk: 01post
39. Accounts Clerk: 02posts
How to Apply
- Application Format in Annexure-I published along with this Employment Notification alone should be used. Application Format can also be downloaded from the website of this office.
- ONLY ONE APPLICATION: Each candidate should send only one Application for one group of posts mentioned in Para 2.1. and indication shall be made to which post he/she applies in the relevant columns in the Application. Candidates desirous of applying for more than one group should submit separate application.
- Candidates applying for more than one group in a single application will not be considered and will be rejected.
- Candidates sending multiple applications for each posts in a group also will not be considered will be rejected.
- Even if such a candidate gets selected inadvertently, he/she will not be offered appointment later on.
Photo copies of the certificates / documents are to be enclosed along with the Application Form, in the order specified below. Original certificates should not be enclosed.
- (i) Application Form and applicable Annexures
- (ii) Copy in proof for Date of Birth
- (iii) Copy of Educational Qualifications
- (iv) Copy of Community Certificate, in case of SC or ST or OBC.
- (v) Copy of Physical Disability Certificate.
- (vi) Filled in proforma for engaging Scribe, in case of Visually Handicapped persons.
- (vii) Government Servants and staff of Quasi administrative offices of Railway organisations –Bonafide Certificate from the authority giving the length of regular service, etc
- (viii)‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer, if already employed.
Thumb impression is must. Applicants must sign in the application except in capital letters and affix their left hand thumb impression (right hand thump impression for those not having left thumb). Thumb impression must be clear and complete. Thumb impression is not blurred or smudged. Application without thumb impression will be rejected.
Application complete in all respects along with all the enclosures in a sealed/closed cover super scribed as under:
“APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN SOUTHERN RAILWAY AGAINST 3% VACANCIES RESERVED FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED QUOTA) UNDER SPECIAL RECRUITMENT DRIVE” shall be sent by Ordinary Post, so as to reach at the following address on or before the date indicated in the Notification.
“The Deputy Chief Personnel Officer / Recruitment,
Railway Recruitment Cell, Southern Railway,
Floor, Dr. P.V. Cherian Crescent Road,
Egmore, Chennai – 600 008.”
One cover should contain only one Application Form with enclosures. Filled in applications can also be directly dropped in the box kept in the above premises on or before the closing date
- a) For Technician categories, no other qualifications including Diploma in Engineering will be accepted as an alternative qualification.
- b) Act apprenticeship/ITI certificate must be approved by SCVT/NCVT.
Age shall be reckoned as on 01-07-2012
Recruitment Procedure/Selection Process
The recruitment procedure consists of Written Examination, Verification of Records and Medical Examination.
- a) For Assistant Station Master (Cat. No.11), there will be an Aptitude Test after written examination.
- b) For Teacher Gr.I (Cat. No.30) there will be an interview after the written examination.
Written Examination Pattern and Syllabus
The Duration of the Written Examination shall be 2 (TWO) Hours. The Question Paper for the Written Examination shall be based on appropriate level of Educational Qualification prescribed against each post consisting of 150 Multiple Choice
(four) objective type questions aimed to assess the General Knowledge / Awareness, General Arithmetic, Reasoning and common technical questions pertaining to the group concerned. The question paper shall be printed in Hindi, Urdu & English and also in the Regional Language(s).Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada.
There will be negative marking for wrong answers. 1/3rdmark shall be deducted for each wrong answer i.e. one mark shall be deducted for every 3 wrong answers. Among the qualified candidates, the candidates who submit the original Certificates / Documents in support of their eligibility during Document Verification shall alone be called for
- a) Clearing the Medical Examination is mandatory. Only those who have cleared the Medical Examination successfully will be considered for inclusion in the Final Merit List to the extent of vacancies available.
- b) Candidates applying for Assistant Station Master (Cat. No. 11) will be required to submit a medical certificate obtained from an eye specialist as per proforma given in Annexure-VII along with application. (‘Proforma’ is available in the web site also)