Sikkim Police Recruitment 2013 – www.sikkimpolice.nic.in
Sikkim Police Recruitment 2013 Notification has been released candidates who are interested and satisfy eligiiblity criteria can apply for their desired post before last date. Candidates applying have to check complete details like eligibility criteria, PET, Skill Test/Written Test syllabus, model papers, previous papers, hall ticket/admit card download, results, application form etc on Sikkim Police Recruitment 2013
Application in prescribed proforma are invited from eligible male candidates along with two recent passport size photographs to fill up the vacancies of 223 posts of constables in the pay band of Rs. 5200-20200 plus grade pay of Rs. 2400, and 60 followers in the pay band of Rs.5200-20200 plus grade pay of Rs.2200 and other allowances as admissible under the rules in the 2nd & 3rd India Reserve Battalion as per the roster approved by the Government.
Total number of vacancies in Sikkim Police Recruitment 2013 are 283
- 2nd India Reserve Battalion – 112 posts
Battalion – 111 posts
- Total – 223 posts
- i) Out of the above posts reserved for different categories, one post each will be reserved for Sports Persons and Artisans of Excellence (SPAE).
- ii) Also, out of the above posts reserved for different categories, two posts each under SC & BL categories, and one post each under MBC, OBC, ST and unreserved category shall be reserved for Ex-Servicemen .
- iii) In case of unavailability of such suitable candidates, the posts shall be reverted in the original category.
- Cook – 20 posts
- Dhobi – 07 posts
- Barber – 06 posts
Karmachari – 15 posts
- Total – 60 posts
- i) Amongst the reserved posts mentioned above, one (01) post each from BL and MBC category are reserved for Ex-Servicemen. In case of unavailability of such suitable candidates the posts shall be reverted back to the original category.
Age – Not less than 18 years and not more than 22 years as on 1st May, 2013 with an upper age limit relaxation as under:
- a). Five years in case of BL/SC/ST(open)
- b). Three years in case of MBC/OBC(open)
- c). 32 years in case of BL/SC/ST for Home Guard candidates.
- d). 31 years in case of MBC for Home Guard candidates.
- e). 30 years in case of OBC for Home Guard candidates.
Age – Not less than 18 years and not more than 22 years as on 1st May, 2013 with relaxation of 5 years for BL/ST/SC, 4 years for MBC and 3 years for OBC and with relaxation as at c to e above for Home Guard candidates.
Home Guard Candidates
- a). Should have served as Home Guards for a minimum period of three years as on 01.07.2013.
- b). Should be in possession of an enrolment or discharge certificate duly certified by the Deputy Commandant, Home Guards at the time of submitting the application.
- c). Should not have been charged for offence(s) and punishment listed under 15(2) of the Sikkim Home Guard Rules, 1993.
Ex- Servicemen Candidates
Ex- Servicemen shall be allowed to deduct the period service rendered in Armed Forces from his actual age subject to following conditions:
- a). The maximum service (continuous) rendered in Armed Forces of the Union of India by the Ex-Servicemen is not less than six months.
- b).The Ex-Servicemen is not discharged or dismissed from the service on account of misconduct and in efficiency and is not a deserter.
Physical requirements for Constables and Followers
- a). Height – 5’3”
- b). Chest – 32” min. with minimum expansion of 2”.
- c). Weight – 50 Kgs. min.
Class- X pass from any recognised board for open candidates & Class-VIII pass for Home Guard candidates. Those candidates who have appeared in class-X examination in March/April, 2013 for which results are awaited, shall also be eligible to apply.
Minimum Class VIII pass.
Only candidates meeting the above eligibility and possessing the following documents may apply for the mentioned posts with Bank Receipt of Rs.50/- under Revenue Head-0055-Police-800 other receipts. No photocopy of documents are required to be enclosed with the application form except the NOC indicated at (f) below.
- a). Sikkim Subject/Certificate of Identification.
- b). Valid local employment card.
- c). ST/SC/MBC/OBC Certificate.
- d). Educational qualification certificate/mark sheet.
- e). Birth Certificate &
- f). NOC from Head of Department in case of Government servant.IV).
Selection process shall include the following:
Constable and Followers
- a). Physical measurement.
- b). Physical Efficiency Test(PET).
- c). Written Test both for constable & followers.
- d). Skill Test of respective trade for followers.
The minimum qualification criteria for PET has been mentioned in Sikkim Police website and has been displayed at bulletin board of PHQ, Office of District SPs, SDPOs and the Police Stations.
PET will be held at the following places
Candidates may opt for any one of the following venues in their application form-
- 05 & 06.05.2013 Pelling School Ground West District
- 07 & 08.05.2013 Jorethang Ground South District
- 11.05.2013 Mangan School Ground North District
- 13, 14 & 15.05.2013 Guards Ground,Tathangchen East District
Written Test Syllabus
Only those candidates who qualify the PET shall be called for the written test/skill test. Written tests will be held on 02.06.2013. The venue for written test will be intimated during PET. The syllabus for the written test can be obtained from Sikkim Police website www.sikkimpolice.nic.in . It will also be displayed on the bulletin board of PHQ, office of District SPs, SDPOs and the Police Stations.
Only those candidates who qualify in the written test shall be called for viva-voce. Names of the candidates who qualify for viva-voce in respect of constables and for skill test & viva-voce in case of followers will be displayed on the bulletin board of PHQ, Gangtok, District SsP offices and District Administrative Centres.
How to Apply
Application for these posts should reach the office of CO,3rd IRBn, Police Headquarters, Gangtok or the office of District SsP (East, South, West & North) on or before 02.05.2013.
IX). Selected candidates shall be liable to serve in any part of India.NB:
- I. No separate calling letters shall be issued and no TA/DA shall be paid for attending any phase of recruitment process.
- II. All relevant documents in original to be brought for scrutiny during vivavoce/skill test. Those candidates who have appeared in class-X examination and class-VIII examination in the current session i.e March/April 2013 will have to produce their original pass certificate during scrutiny of documents.
- III. Candidates indulging in canvassing/influencing the Recruitment Committee shall be disqualified.
- IV. A Proforma of the application forms can be copied from bulletin board of PHQ, Notice Board of District SPs Office and Police Stations. It can also bedownloaded from official website of Sikkim Police (www.sikkimpolice nic.in)
IGP/Armed Police & CID