SBI PO General Awareness Paper 2013
Q 101 . What is the full form of the term ‘TWA as used in banking environment ?
(1) Not Profitable Assets (2) New Potential Accounts (3) Non Performing Assets (4) Net Performing Assets (5) None of these
Q 102) Which of the following was selected as the official broadcaster of 2010 Commonwealth Games recently?
(1) Satellite Information Service Live (2) Intoniatithal Games broadcast Services (3) Nimbus Sports International (4) Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (5) Big Productions
Q. 103). Which well known former Olympic gold medallist is Chairman of the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games?
(I) Daley Thompson 12) Sebastian Coe (3) Steve Overt (4) Robin Cousins (5) Eric Heiden
Q. 104). Which of the following countries has decided that from October 2018 no cheques should be issued or honoured there, and all the payments should be made and accepted in electronic form only ?
(1) USA (2) Russia (3) United Kingdom (4) Australia (5) None of these
105. Virer.der Sehwag was in news recently for missing his triple century in the India-Sri Lanka series by less than 10 runs. Who is the only batsman to have armed three triple centuries in Test Cricket?
(1) Allan Border (2) Donald Bradman (3) Brian Cara (4) Roth (2) Es (3) (5) None of the above
106. As per the findings of the expert group headed by Dr. Suresh Tendullcar a substantial number of people in India still live Below Poverty Line. What is that number in terms of percentage ?
(I) 25% 12) 370/s (3) 41% (4) 47% (5) None of these
107. Virender Sehwag was in news recently for his score of 293 tuns in the first inning of the third test match between India and Sri Lanka in Mumbai. Who has scored the highest r.urr.ber of double centuries in tests for India, (1) Virender Sehwag (2) Rahul Dravid (3) Sachin Tendulkar (4) Sunil Gavaskar (5) Both (1) and (3) oi
108.) As decided by the Restive Bank of India, all the villages with a population of 2000 will have-access to financial services by the end of
(1) 2009-10 (2) 2010-11 (3) 2011-12 (4) 2012-13 (5) None of these in.
109.) Which former Test Cncketer of Australia is the Chief Executive Officer of the Federation of International Cricketers’ Association (FICA) that looks after the interest of cricketers of Test playing countries?
(1) Allan Border (2) Tim May (3) Kim Hughes (4) Tom Moody (5) David Boon
110. During his visit to Trinidad in November 2009, the Indian Prime Minister signed a Nuclear deal between India and
(1) Canada (2) Brazil (3) Saudi Arabia (4) Tanzania (5) None of these
111 Which of the following statements about Indta’s performance in Test Cricket are correct in lighi of recent developments?
(A) The victory against Sri Lanka in third test of the 2009 series at Braboume Stadium in Miimhai was India’s 100th test victory
(B) India is the only country to have not lost a single Test in 2009
(C) India’s score of 726 for nine declared in the first innings of the third test of India-Sri Lanka series at Dralxmine Stadium, Mumbat is its highest total in Test cricket
(I) A only (2) A and B only (3) B and C only (4)C and A only (5) A, B and C
Q.112. The Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of the APEC held an important summit in Singoi. November 2009. What is the full form of APEC ?
(1) Asia Pacific Economic Co-aperation (2) Afro-Pacific Economic COMIC.: (3) Asia Pacific Econornic Council (4) Alliance for Promotion of Economic Cooperation (5) None of these
Q.113. Which of the following Gulf countries has decided recently that despite the objections ra ;- certain countries, it will construct 10 more Uranium enrichment plants to strengthen its p in the world ?
(1) Iraq (2) Iran (3) UAE (4) Kuwait (5) None of these
Q.114. Which of the following countries was the winner of the Asia Cup Hockey Tournament for it ‘ held in November 2009
(1) India (2) Japan (3) China (4) South Korea (5) None of these
Q.115. The leaders of the European Union (EU) named Mr. Herman Van Rompuy as the first Pie: of the E.U. Mr. Rompuy is the present
(1) Prime Minister-of Britain (2) President of 1/kraut (3) Prime Minister of (4) President of Italy (5) Prime Minister of Belgium
Q.116. Who vras appointed as the new staptain of the 21-m em ber Indian Hockey team for the F1H Men’s Chal a Challenge tournament in Salta, Argentina from December 6 to 13?
(1) Tushar Khandekar (2) Dilip Tirkey (3) Arjun Halappa (4) Rajpal Singh (5) Dhanraj PRIM •
Q.117. Cryogenic Engines are used in which of the following areas of technology ?
1) Atomic Energy (2) Food Technology (3) Oceanography (4) Space Research (5) None of these
Q.118. The National Rural Employment Guarantee Act is now known by which of the following n
(1) Indira Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Act (2) Rajiv Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Act (3) Jawaharlal Nehru Rural Employment Guarantee Act .1 (4) Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Act (5) None of fin •
Q.119. World Professional Billiards Champion Pankaj Advani accepted the Eklavya award, the h: recognition for a sportsperson in which state recently?
(1) Delhi (2) Karnataka t3) Tamil Nadu (4) Kerala (5) Andhra Pradesh
Q.120. Suresh Kalmadi was ekcted unopposed as the President of the Asian Association • third term at Guangzhou, China recently.
(1) Basketball (2) Hockey (3) Weightlifting (4) Athletics (5) Shooting
Q .121. Which of the following has acquired the theatrical telecast rights for cricket matches of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2010 and 2019 for Rs 330 c-rore recently?
(1) Entertainment and Sports Direct (ES!)) (2) Satellite Information Services (3) Triplecom Media (4) Fox Sports International (PSI’, (5) Big Entertainment
Q.122. Which of the following terms/names is not associated with banking/financial trade in India
(1) Automated Clearing House (2) Provision Coverage Ratio (3) Market Stabilisation Sr!.. (4) Credit Default Swaps (5) Double Fault
Q.123.1he standard protocol of,the Internet is ? (1) TCP/IP (2) Java (31 HTML (4) Flash (5) None of these
Q.124. Digital photos and scanned images are typically stored as graphIcs with extely such as .bmp, .png, .jpg, .tif, or .gif.
(1) vector (2) bitmap (3) either vector or birmir (4) neither vector nor bitrnap (5) None of these
125. A is a computer attached to the Internet that runs a special Web server software can send Web pages out to other computers over the Internet ‘
(1) web client (2) web system (3) web page (4) web server (5) None of these
126. After a user has saved and deleted many files, many scattered areas of stored data remain that are too small to be used efficiently, causing
(1) disorder (2) turmoil (3) disarray (4) fragmentation (5) None of these
127. Which of the following books in written by V.S. Naipaul ?
(1) The Last Hero (2) Bliss was in that Dawn (3) Train to Pakistan (4) A Tale of Two Cities (5) A House for Mr. Biswas
128. Which of the following is the communications protocol that sets the standard used by every computer that accesses Web-based information ?
(1) XML (2) DML (3) HTTP (4) HTML (5) None of these
129. Which of the following is a general-purpose programming language, designed by Sun Microsystems, and well suited for use on the Web?
(1) VB Script (2) Java Script (3) CSS (4) Java (5) None of these
130. This tier processes HTTP protocol, scripting tasks, performs calculations, and pro-vides access to data.
(1) Client (2) Applications/Web server (3) Enterprise server (4) DBA (5) None of these
131. When you install a new program on your computer, iris typically added to the menu.
(1) all Programs (2) select Programs (3) start Programs (4) desktop Programs (5) None of these
132. Which of the following contains information about a single “entity” in the database – like a person, place, event, or thing ?
(1) query (2) form (3) record (4) table (5) None of these
133. Which one of the following is a key function of a firewall ?
(1) Monitoring (2) Deleting (3) Copying (4) Moving (5) None tf these
134. are a type of inexpensive digital camera that remains tethered to a computer and used for videoconferencing, video chatting, and live Web broadcast.
(1) Webcams (2) Webpics (3) Browsercams (4) Browserpics (5) None of these
135. Who amongst the following is the author of the book “‘The Rediscovery of India” ?
(1) Meghnad Desai (2) Romila Thapar (3) Mulk Raj Anand (4) Arnit Chaudhary (5) None of these
136. RSA is–
(1) Symmetric Cryptosystem (2) Asymmetric Cryptosystem (3) Block Cypher (4) Digital Signature (5) None of these
137. Market Research is useful for
(1) deciding proper marketing strategies (2) deciding the selling price (3) choosing the right products (4) choosing the sales persons (5) all of these
138. A ‘call’ means
(1) shout out to somebody (2) a profession or business (3) visit friends (4) visiting prospective customers (5) After-sales service
139. Conversion means
(1) meeting a prospective client (2) interacting with a prospective client (3) converting an employer into an employee (4) converting a seller to a buyer (5) converting a Prospective client into a buyer
140. Customisation means
( I) acquiring more customers (2) regulating customers (3) special products to suit each customer (4) more products per customer (5) a’l of these
141. Modern styles of marketing include
(I) digital marketing (2) tele-marketing (3) e-commerce (4) e-mails solicitation (5) All of these
142. The acronym HTML stands for
(1) High Transfer Machine Language (2) High Transmission Markup Language (3) Hypertext Markup Language (4) Hypermedia Markup Language (5) None of these
Q.143. e-Marketing is same as
(I) virtual marketing (2) digitai marketing (3) real time marketing (4) all of these (5) None of these
Q.144. Value added services means
(1) costlier products (2) larger number of products (3) additional services (4) at par services (5) None of these
Q.145. Aggressive Marketing is necessitated due to
(1) globalisation (2) increased competition (3) increased production (4) increased job opportunities (5) all of these
Q.146. Computers connected to a LAN can
(1) run faster (2) share information and/or share peripheral equipment (3) e-mail (4) go online (5) None of these
Q.147. Efficient marketing style requires
(1) proper planning (2) good communication skills (3) team work (4) knowledge of products ‘ (5) all of these
Q.148. A DVD-RAM is similar to a except it has storage capacities up to 5.2 GB.
(1) CD-R (2) floppy disk (3) CD-RW (4) hard disk (5) None of these
Q.149. The sole aim of marketing is to ?
(1) Increase sales (2) Increase the number of employees (3) Increase profits (4) Increase production (5) all of these
Q.150. Lead generation means
(1) Tips for selling tactics (2) Tips for better production (3) Generate leaders (4) Likely sources for prospective clients (5) All of these