SBI Clerk Selection Process 2013
SBI Clerk Notification 2013-14 Notification has been released for the year 2013. Candidates who are interested can apply online before last date. Candidates who are applying have to check complete details like online application form, challan form, fee payment, last date, written exam syllabus, model papers, previous papers, books, preparation tips, admit card, hall ticket download, interview details on SBI Clerk Notification 2013 pdf.
SBI Clerk Selection Process
All eligible candidates should apply on-line before the last date for registration of application.
- a. Final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the written test and interview taken together. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms does not entitle a candidate to be called for written test or interview.
- b. The written test will be of Objective type consisting of (i) General Awareness (ii) General English (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (iv) Reasoning Ability (v) Marketing Aptitude / Computer Knowledge. The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be printed bilingual i.e., English & Hindi. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests. The passing marks in each of the tests will be decided by the Bank on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates taken together in each test to a minimum required level. Candidates are also required to score a minimum percentage marks on aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS candidates, 5% relaxation available thereon).for being considered for interview. Minimum percentage marks on aggregate will be decided by the bank.
- c. Candidates qualified in the written test for recruitment in clerical cadre in the bank and opted for appointment as stenographer will be called for skill test in stenography.The candidate will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. The matter will have to be transcribed on computer in 40 minutes in case of English Stenography and in 55 minutes in case of Hindi Stenography. Visually impaired candidates will be required to transcribe the matter in 70 minutes for English Shorthand Test and in 95 minutes for Hindi Shorthand Test. Candidate should score minimum 50% marks to be qualified. Candidates will be required to appear for the skill test at the venue identified by the Bank. The venue for skill test will be advised to the candidates in due course.
- i) Other detailed information regarding the written examination will be given in the‘Acquaint Yourself’ booklet, which will be made available to the eligible candidates along with the call letter for the test.
- ii) Interviews : Depending upon the number of vacancies only certain number of candidates from amongst those who qualify by ranking high enough in the merit will be called for interview in the ratio of maximum 3 candidates for each vacancy. Candidates are required to score a minimum percentage marks (to be decided by the bank) in interview to be considered for final selection. 5% relaxation for SC/ST/ OBC/PWD/XS category will be available thereon. Final selection will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the written test and interview taken together. Skill test for Stenography will be qualifying only.