The recruitment of clerks for the year 2012 is conducted by central recruitment and promotions department of SBI. There are 3100 posts available in which 2500 are for SC/ST/OBC Category and 600 posts are for north eastern recruitment. One candidate can apply for one state only. The citizens of India who are eligible for the recruitment exam are invited to collect applications and pay exam fees and register for the clerical exam conducted by SBI.
Eligibility Criteria for the SBI Clerk Recruitment 2012
Minimum 12th Standard (10 + 2) pass or equivalent qualification with a minimum of aggregate 60% marks (55% for SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS). PWD(OBC) & XS(OBC) candidates applying under Special Recruitment Drive are required to have minimum of 60% marks in 12th standard or in equivalent qualification.
A degree (Graduation level) from a recognised university. Candidates who have not passed 12th standard Examination but have passed Diploma course after 10th standard are eligible for the captioned recruitment provided:
- Diploma course passed after 10th standard must be a full time course (Diploma course through correspondence are not eligible) with a minimum of two years duration.
- The Diploma course passed after 10th standard should be recognized / approved by the State Board of technical Education of concerned State.
- The percentage of marks in 12th/ Diploma Course shall be arrived at by dividing the marks obtained by the candidate in all subjects by aggregate maximum marks of all subjects irrespective of optional/additional optional subjects studied. Grace marks, if any, awarded by the Board/University will be excluded for the purpose of calculation of percentage . The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the marksheet/provisional certificate or the date on which the result was posted on the website of the university / institution.
- Matriculate Ex-servicemen, who have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force, after having completed not less than 15 years of service in Armed Forces of the Union are also eligible for the post. Such certificates should be dated on or before 01.12.2011.
- Should be able to write and speak English fluently.
- Knowledge of local language will be an added qualification.
Pay Scale for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2011-12
The Scale of Pay for the post of clerk in SBI bank will be 7200-400/3-8400-500/3-9900-600/4-12300-700/7-17200-1300/1-18500-800/ 1-19300