SBI Clerk Reasoning Ability Model paper 2013
1. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word CHANNEL, each of which has as many letters between them in the word as in the English alphabet ?
(A) None (C) Two
(B) One (D) Three (E) More than three
2. In a certain code GROWN is written as 7®%36 and NAME is written as 64*$. How is GEAR written in that code ?
(A) 74$® (B) 7$4® (C) 7%4® (D) 7(04 (E) None of these
3. What should come next in the following letter series ?
(A) B (B) L (C) M (D) F (E) None of these
4. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so lorm a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group ?
(A) 169 (B) 441 (C) 361 (C) 529 (D) 529 (E) 289
Directions: In each question below are three statements followed by three conclusions numbered I, II and III. You have to take the three given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the three given statements disregarding commonly known facts. Then decide which of the answers (A). (B), (C), (D) and (E) is the coned answer and indicate the correct alternative.
5. Statements :
- Some desks are chairs.
- All chairs are tables.
- Some tables are mats
- I. Some mats are desks.
- II. Some tables are desks.
- III. Some mats are chairs.
(A) Only I follows (B) Only II follows (C) Only III follows (D) Only II and III follow (E) None of these
6. Statements :
- All sweets are fruits.
- No fruit is pencil.
- Some pencils are glasses
- I. Some glasses are sweets.
- II. Some pencils are sweets.
- III. No glass is sweet.
(A) Only I follows (8) Only II follows (C) Only III follows (D) Only I and III follow (E) None of these
7. Statements :
- Some books are flowers.
- Some flowers are chains.
- Some chains are hammers.
- Some hammers are flowers.
- Some chains are books.
- Some hammers are books. N
(A) None follows (B)Only I follows (C) Only II follows (D)Only III follow (E)Only II and III follow
Directions—(Q. 36-40) In each of the questions given below which one of the five answer figures on the right should come after the problem figures on the left, if the sequence were continued ?