RRC North Western Railway Recruitment 2013
Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) North Western Railway, has released RRC North Western Railway Recruitment 2013 Notification for the year 2013 for filling up 917 various posts. Candidates who are interested and satisfy eligibility criteria can apply online before last date 13/01/2014. Candidates who are applying can check complete details on RRC North Western Railway Recruitment 2013 like online application form, how to apply, application fee, challan form, hall ticket, admit card, selection procedure, results and all other details on our website.
Total number of posts in RRC North Western Railway Recruitment 2013 are 917. The details of break up in vacancies is given below
- Trackman (Engineering): 423 Posts
- Traffic Khallasi/ Points Man (Operating): 117 Posts
- Gate Man (Operating/ Engineering): 06 Posts
- Helper/ Khallasi (S&T/Electrical/ Mechanical): 200 Posts
- Helper/ Khallasi/ Safaiwala/ H.A. (Mechanical workshop Stores, (Safaiwala & H.A. in Medical Dept.): 171 Posts
- Minimum 10th Pass or ITI or equivalent at the time of applying.
- Candidates having higher Educational Qualification can also apply
- The recruitment process consists of a written Examination followed by Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Examination.
- The candidates whoever apply will be called for Written Examination. Call Letter indicating the date, time and venue will be issued to all the eligible candidates separately, for Written Examination and PET.
- Written Examination : The duration of the Written Examination shall be 1½ hours. The Written Examination shall be based on class Ten level (10 th Standard) Consisting of 100 multiple choice objective type questions aimed to asses the General knowledge/Awareness. Mathematics and reasoning etc.
- The question paper shall be printed in Hindi, Urdu, English and in the Regional Languages viz. Punjabi & Gujrati.
- Negative marking : There will be negative marking for wrong answers. 1/3 mark shall be deducted for each wrong answer i.e. One mark shall be deducted for every three wrong answers.
- Selection is made based on merit. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Document Verification based on their merit position, availability of vacancies and reservation rules. The candidates may note that qualifying in Written Examination and PET does not automatically entitle them appointment in Railways.
- Only those candidates who submit the original certificates/ documents in support of their eligibility the document verification will be directed for medical examination.
Age Limit (As on 01/01/2014)
For UR: 18 — 33 years, for OBC: 18 — 36 years and for SC/ ST: 18 — 38 years
100/-. Candidates belonging to SC/ST, Ex-Servicemen, Persons with Disabilities, Women, Minority communities and Economically, Backward Classes are exempted from payment of Examination Fees.
Procedure for Applying Online
- Keep ready your certificates, your valid e-mail address and your mobile phone.
- Log on to www.iroams.com or www.nwr.indianrailways.gov.in and follow the instructions.
- Fill in the columns, indicating the details pertaining to you. Submit the application confirm the details.
- Enter the OTP (One Time Password) which will be received through registered email.
Take a printout of the pre-printed challan (in which all details of the applicant
Candidate need not fill any details) of either State Bank of India, S.B.B.J or
Post Office and pay the fee (This is not required for categories exempted from
- You can take printout of the acknowledgment and keep as record for having
submitted your application (YOU NEED NOT SEND ANY
PRINTOUT/DOCUMENT TO RRC.)