RRB Assistant Station Master Vacancy 2012
There are 2646 vacancies for Assistant station Master Post for the year 2012. Applications are invited in the prescribed format as enclosed( on a good quality A-4 size bond paper of 80 GSM using one side only) from eligible Indian Nationals for the Common Preliminary Examination for posts of Assistant Station Master. Applications complete in all respects along with required enclosures should be sent by ORDINARY POST NORMALLY to the concerned Railway Recruitment Board as mentioned in para 15 of this notification, so as to reach on or before 11.06.2012 up to 17.30 Hrs.
The applications can also be dropped in the box kept at the premises of concerned RRB offices, till the closing date. For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshwadeep islands and for candidates residing abroad, the closing date for receipt of applications by posts will be 26.06.2012 up to 17.30 Hrs.
Candidates Please Note:
- 1) Stages of Exam. :-
a) Common Preliminary Examination (i.e. stage I) for all the notified categories.
b) Main (Second stage) Exam for Cat No. 1&2 – followed by Verification of documents.
c) Main (Second stage) Exam for Cat No. 3&4 – followed by verification of documents.
d) Main (Second stage) Exam for Cat. No. 5&6, qualifying typing test followed by Verification of documents.
e) Main (Second stage) Exam for Cat No.7&8, aptitude test followed by Verification of documents.
- 2) Preliminary Examination (i.e. stage I) will be held on the same day by all participating RRBs.
- 3) Candidates should refer para 15 of General Instructions for submission of single(i.e. common ) application for Preliminary Exam for all the notified categories to the concerned RRB. Candidates who qualify in the Preliminary(stage I) Exam will again have to apply separately for Main(second stage) Examinations for notified categories as Grouped in para 1.06(a).
- 4) Candidates may refer to para 12 of General Instructions regarding On- Line submission of applications.
- 5) Participating RRBs have given choice of regional Languages. Candidates have got the option to choose any one of the regional languages at the time of applying.
- 6) Examination Fee for Preliminary Exam application – Rs. 60/-(UR & OBC Male Candidates only wherever applicable as per para 3 of General Instructions)
- 7) No examination fee for SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen /Physically Handicapped/Women /Minorities / Economically backward classes candidates having annual family income less than Rs. 50,000/-
Pay Scale / Salary: Rs. 5200-20200 GP 2800
Educational Qualifications :
Degree from recognized University or equivalent. Diploma in Rail Transport & Management, Transport Economics, Multimodal Transport (Containerization ) awarded by Institute of Rail Transport, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi will be additional desirable qualification
Age Limit: 18-33
Medical Standard : A-2
Number of Vacancies