RRBBBS Recruitment 2012
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA, MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS ,RAILWAY RECRUITMENT BOARDS is recruiting different posts for the year 2012. Applications are invited in the prescribed format as enclosed (on a good quality A-4 size bond paper 80 GSM using one side only) from eligible Indian Nationals for the following posts. Applications complete in all respects along with required enclosures should be sent by post to the concerned Railway Recruitment Board, as mentioned in Para-15 of General Conditions, so as to reach on or before 09-04-2012 upto 17.30 hrs. The applications can also be dropped in the box kept at the premises of RRB offices concerned , till the closing date. For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshwadeep islands and for candidates residing abroad, the closing date for receipt of applications by posts will be 24-04-2012 upto 17.30 hrs.
The lower and upper age limit indicated will be 18 and 33 as on 01-07-2012. The upper age limit is relaxable as under subject to submission of requisite certificate.
No examination fees for SC / ST / Ex-Servicemen / Physically Handicapped / Women / Minorities / Economically backward classes candidates having annual family income less than Rs. 50000/-.
For Unreserved Male / OBC Male candidates (who is not coming within the purview of minority/Economically backward communities) Examination fee of Rs. 60/- for each application. Candidates should send separate application for each group as mentioned in para-16 as given below with separate IPO / DD as examination fee. Candidates should send separate application for each RRBs.
Recruitment Process/Selection Procedure
- The candidates who have elected one of the regional language as the medium of examination will be supplied question booklet in English, Hindi, Urdu and regional language of RRB concerned. Those who have not opted regional languages, as medium of examination will be supplied question booklet in English, Hindi and Urdu only.
- The selection is made strictly as per merit, on the basis of written examination. Short listed candidates will be called for verification of the original documents according to merit, availability of vacancies and reservation rules.
- There shall be negative mark in written examinations and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @1/3 of the allotted marks for each question
- The appointment of selected candidates is subject to his/her passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificate and verification of antecedent/character of the candidate
Syllabus and Scheme of Examination
- The syllabus for the written examination will be generally in conformity with the educational standards and/or technical qualifications prescribed for the posts. The Questions will be of objective type with multiple answers and likely to include questions pertaining to General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning and Technical Ability for the post. The question paper will be in English, Hindi, Urdu and Local language as indicated in Para-15 given below and duration of the examination will be 2 hours with 150 questions.
- Any Railway Recruitment Board concerned, at its discretion may hold additional written test(s) and/or interview/skill test if considered necessary for all or for a limited number of candidates as may be deemed fit by Railway concerned Recruitment Board.
- The date, time and venue of the written examination will be fixed by the RRB concerned and will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course. Request for postponement of the examinat ion, change of cent re/venue wi l l not be enter tained under any circumstance.
- The Stages of examination are Single stage examination followed by verification of original documents. Based on the performance of candidates in the examination, the candidates equal to the number of vacancies will be called for document verification in the main list. In addition 30% extra candidates are also called as standby candidates and they are considered for empanelment only if there is shortfall in empanelment from the main list. During document verification, the candidates will have to produce their original certificates. The candidature of the candidates not producing their original certificates on the date of verification is liable to be forfeited
Online Application form Submission
Candidates have the option to fill up and submit their application online, wherever such facility is provided by the respective RRB. For this, they should visit the website of the RRB concerned and fill up their detailed Bio-data in the application format & information sheet and upload the applicable scanned documents on the website.
Date and Time of Closing : 09-04-2012 upto 17.30 hrs
Date of Exam : 09-09-2012
For more Details