RRB Technician Recruitment 2012
Railway Recruitment Board, RRB has released advertisement notification for recruitment of 12402 technician posts in the year 2012. For which the selection will be done through written exam which will be conducted on 16-12-2012. Candidates who are interested to apply and satisfy the eligibility criteria specified by Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) can apply online before 16-07-2012 before 05.20 P.M.. Candidates have to keenly check all other details regarding RRB Technician Recruitment like age limit,education qualifications required, ,how to apply online,Download Application form,Exam dates,Syllabus for RRB Technical Recruitment 2012.
Name of the Post : Technician
Total Number of Vacancies : 12402
Examination Fee and Payment
- No examination fee for SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/Persons with Disability Women/Minorities /Economically Backward candidates having annual family income less than ` 50,000/-
- For Unreserved/OBC Male candidates not coming within the purview of minority/economically backward classes/PWD/Ex-Servicemen, examination fee of ` 60/- for Technician Signal Gr.II & ` 40/- for all other Technician Gr.III categories. Candidates should send separate application for each RRB.
- The examination fee is non-refundable. It should be paid in the form of a crossed Demand Draft, valid for a period of 3 months, to be drawn at the main branch of any of the Nationalized Banks, or in the form of Crossed Indian Postal Order, drawn in favour of ‘Assistant Secretary or Secretary or Member Secretary or Chairman, Railway Recruitment Board’ of RRBs concerned, as mentioned in para 15. The Bank Drafts/Indian Postal Orders should be payable at the place where the Railway Recruitment Board is situated. The Indian Postal Orders/Bank Drafts should not be obtained earlier to the date of issue of this Centralised Employment Notice or after the closing date.
- Candidates should write the CEN No., Name of the post/s and Category number of the post/s (name of the first post and first category number in case of common application for grouped categories) and their name and postal address on the reverse of the Bank Draft/ in the space provided on the Indian Postal Order.
- Remittance of examination fee in any form other than Bank Demand Draft/Indian Postal Order, will not be accepted (except in case of On-Line applications wherever this facility is provided, examination fee can be remittedthrough Bank Challan/Credit Card/Debit Card as provided for).
- The particulars of Demand Draft/Indian Postal Order submitted for examination fee should also be indicated at the prescribed place in the Application Form. (Item No. 6 of Information Sheet)
- Applications not accompanied by Bank Draft/Indian Postal Order of requisite amount for examination fee, wherever required, will be summarily rejected.
Interested candidates should have age between 18 years and 30 years as on 01-07-2011
- For SC/ST Candidates 5 years upper age relaxation
- For OBC Candodates 3 years relaxation in upper age
- For PWD Candidates 10 years
Candidates have to pass 10th class and ITI for all posts
Degree-B.Sc (Physics)1st year completed candidates can apply for Signal Gr-2 vacancies
Online Submission of Application Forms
Candidates have the option of filling up their application ON-LINE, wherever such facility is provided by RRBs. For this, they should visit the website of the RRB concerned and fill up their detailed Bio-Data in the Application Form and upload scanned documents as applicable, on the website.
How to Apply
- The Application Form as per Annexure 1 & 2 should be filled up by the candidate in his/her own handwriting, with blue or black ball point pen (not in pencil, fountain pen or gel pen) dated and signed. Only international numbers i.e. 1,2, 3 etc., should be used. The Application Form should be filled up in English or in Hindi only, strictly observing all the instructions given in this Centralised Employment Notice. Candidates should affix their normal signature in English or in Hindi in the Application Form. Applications signed in capital letters/spaced out letters will be treated as invalid.
- Candidate’s Name,Address with Pin Code, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name and nearest Railway Station should be written legibly in English in bold capital letters, even if the candidate fills up the Application ForminHindi.
- Photographs: One recent (not earlier than three months from the date of application) colour photograph of size 3.5 x 3.5 cm, with clear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses, should be pasted on the Application Form in the space provided. Photostat copy of photograph is not permitted. Candidates should sign in the space provided in the box below the photograph. An extra identical colour photograph should be enclosed with the application, indicating candidate’s name and category number on the reverse of the photograph. Candidates may note that RRBs may, at any stage, reject the applications for pasting old/unclear photograph on the application or for any significant variations between photograph pasted in the Application Form and the actual physical appearance of the candidate.
- Candidates should indicate, in item No.11 of the Application Form, any clear visible marks of identification on their body. For example, “a mole on the nose, cut-mark on the forehead or a scar mark below the chin etc.” In case there are no visible marks, “Nil” should be written. Applications are liable to be rejectedfor not filling up marks of identification/writing “Nil”.
- Candidates should copy as much of the paragraph at item No.12 of the Information Sheet, as possible, so as to fill the space provided completely, in Hindi/English, in their own running handwriting (not in capital/spaced out letters), otherwise their applications will be rejected.
- Candidates should put their Left thumb impression at the designated places in the Application Form and in the Information Sheet. The Thumb impression must be clear and complete. Ridges of the Thumb impression must be clearly visible.
- Applications which are illegible, incomplete, unsigned, signed in capital letters, not in prescribed format, without photo of candidate, not having IPO/DDfor requisite amount or having IPO/DD purchased before date of issue of and after closing date of Centralised Employment Notice are liable to be rejected.
- The envelope containing the application should be clearly superscribed “Application for the Post/s of ______________________Category No/s.__________ Centralised Employment Notice No._________ & Community (SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-SM)”. Ifthe post/s and category number/s is/are not indicated on the top of the envelope containing the application, the same will not be entertained
Selection / Recruitment Process
Selection is made strictly as per merit, on the basis of written examination. Short-listed candidates will be called for verification of original certificates according to merit,availability and reservation policy. Based on the performance of candidates in the written examination, candidates equal to the number of vacancies are called for document verification in the main list. In addition, 30% extra candidates are also called as standby and they are considered for empanelment only if there is shortfall in empanelment from the main list.
During document verification, candidates will have to produce their original certificates. No additional time will be given and the candidature of the candidates not producing their original certificates on the date of verification is liable to be forfeited. Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificates and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates.
Written Exam Syllabus
The standard of questions for written examination will be generally in conformity with educational standards and/or technical qualifications for all posts. Questions in the written test are likely to include questions pertaining to General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning and Technical Ability.
Exam Pattern / Scheme of Examination
- The questions will be of objective type with multiple choice
- Questions in the written test are likely to include questions pertaining to General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning and Technical Ability.
- The question paper will be in English, Urdu, Hindi and other local languages.
- There will be 100 questions.
- The duration of examination will be 90 minutes.
- There shall be negative marking in written examination and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @1/3 of the marks allotted for each questions
- Railway Recruitment Boards may, at their discretion, hold additional written test(s) if considered necessary,for all or for a limited number of candidates.
Medical Fitness Test
Candidates recommendedfor appointment will have to pass requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the RailwayAdministration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post. Visual Acuity Standard is one of the important criteria of medical fitness of railway staff. The medical requirements against different medical standards for different categories are outlined below:
- (a) A-3 : Physicallyfit in all respects. Visual Standards—Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/9 with or without glasses (Power of lenses not to exceed 2D). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6,0.6 with or without glasses and must pass test for Colour Vision, BinocularVision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.
- (b) B-1: Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards — Distance Vision: 6/9,6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required and must pass test for Colour Vision, BinocularVision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.
- (c) B-2: Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards — Distance Vision: 6/9,6/12 with or without glasses (power not to exceed 4D). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required and must pass test for Field of Vision.
- (d) C-1: Physically fit in all respects.Visual Standards — DistanceVision: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required.
- (i) Candidates qualifying in examination(s) for these posts but failing in prescribed medical examination(s) will not under any circumstance be considered for any alternative appointment
- (ii) Candidates who do not fulfill the prescribed medical standards need not apply.
- (iii) The above medical standards (Criteria) are indicative and not exhaustive and apply to candidates in general.
- (iv) For Ex-Servicemen different standards apply.