Railway Recruitment Board 2012 Selection Process for 6824 Vacancies
The candidate who has selected one of the regional languages as the medium of examination in item no. 04 of Information Sheet of the Application Form (Annexure 2) will be supplied question booklet in English, Hindi, Urdu and regional language of the RRB concerned. Those who have not opted regional languages, as medium of examination will be supplied question booklet in English, Hindi and Urdu only.
The selection is made strictly as per merit. There will be a common Preliminary Examination for all the notified categories. Those who qualify for the Main(second stage) Exams will have the option to appear in the Main(second stage) Examinations as detailed in para 1.06(a) above. In addition qualifying Skill Test(Typing Test ) will also be conducted for the post of Jr. Accounts Assistant cum Typist/Sr. Clerk Cum Typist. Aptitude test will also be conducted for the post of Assistant Station Master and Traffic Assistant. Short listed candidates will be called for verification of the original documents according to merit (incase of ASM & Traffic Assistant, the merit will be drawn only for the candidates qualifying in the aptitude test, with 70 % weightage being given to the marks obtained in the Main (second stage) Examination & 30 % weightage being given to the marks obtained in the aptitude test), availability of vacancies and reservation rules.
There shall be negative marking in written examinations and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @1/3 of the allotted marks for each question. The standard of questions for the written examinations will be generally in conformity with the educational standards and/or technical qualifications prescribed for the posts. The Questions will be of objective type with multiple answers and likely to include questions pertaining to General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and reasoning. The question paper will be in English, Hindi, Urdu and regional languages as indicated in para 15 given below and the duration of the examination will be 90 minutes with approximately 100 to 120 questions.
The Railway Recruitment Board, at its discretion may hold additional written test(s) and/or skill test/ aptitude test if considered necessary for all or for a limited number of candidates as may be deemed fit by Railway Recruitment Board. The date, time and venue of the written examination and Skill Test/aptitude test will be fixed by the RRB and will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course. Request for postponement of the examination/skill test/aptitude test and change of centre/venue will not be entertained under any circumstance.
Stages of Exam :
- a) Common Preliminary Examination (i.e. stage I) for all the notified categories.
- b) Main (second stage) Exam for Cat. No. 1 &2 – followed by Verification of documents.
- c) Main (second stage) Exam for Cat. No. 3&4 – followed by verification of documents.
- d) Main (second stage) Exam for Cat. No. 5 & 6, qualifying typing test followed by Verification of documents. e) Main (second stage) Exam for Cat. No. 7&8, aptitude test followed by Verification of documents. Based on the performance of candidates in the Main(second stage) Examination and skill test for Cat. No. 5&6 /aptitude test for Cat. No. 7&8, the candidates equal to the number of vacancies will be called for document verification in the main list. In addition 50% extra candidates shall also be called as standby candidates. They shall be considered for empanelment only if there is shortfall in empanelment from the main list. During document verification, the candidates will have to produce their original certificates. No additional time will be given and the candidature of the candidates not producing their original certificates on the date of verification is liable to be forfeited.
- The appointment of selected candidates is subject to his/her passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificate and verification of antecedent/character of the candidate.
MEDICAL FITNESS TEST:
The candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carryout the duties connected with the post. Visual Acuity Standard is one of the important criteria of medical fitness of railway staff. The medical requirements against different medical standards for different categories are outlined below:
a. A-2: Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards—Distance vision: 6/9, 6/9 without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 without glasses and must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.
b. C-1: Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards — Distance Vision: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required.
- (i) The above medical standards (Criteria) are indicative and not exhaustive and apply to candidates in general.
- (ii) For Ex-Servicemen & PWD candidates different standards will apply.
- (iii) Candidates qualifying in examination (s)/for these post but failing in prescribed medical examination(s) will not any case be considered for any alternative appointment. (iv) Candidates who do not fulfill the prescribed medical standards need not apply