RRB Assistant Loco Pilot Model Paper
General knowledge, Reasoning, Arithmetic
1. A lunar eclipse occurs when?
a. The moon comes between the sun and the earth.
b. The earth comes between the Sun and the moon.
c. The Sun comes between the earth and the moon.
2. Who introduced famous 20 point input-output programme?
a. Rajiv Gandhi b. Indira Gandhi
c. P.V.Narasimha Rao d. None
3. The Nanvakkal is famous in?
a. Sericulture b. Piggory
c. Poultry d. None
4. How many bones are in the adult human skeleton?
a. 205 b. 206 c. 207 d. 212
5. The Agricultural University is it?
a. Coimbatore b. Salem c. Sivaganga d. None
6. In Tamil Nadu Bird Sanctuary is situated at?
a. Mudumalai b. Vedanthangal
c. Mundanthurai d. None
7. The famous lion reserve is situated at?
a. Gir sanctuary b. Hazaribagh Park
c. Corbett Park d. None
8. Who out of the following had abolished Zajiya on Hindus?
a. Aurangzeb b. Jahangir c. Shah Jahan d. Akbar
9. Sound cannot travel through?
a. Vacuum b. Hydrogen gas c. Water d. Steel
10. Which planet is the nearest to the Sun?
a. Earth b. Venus c. Pluto d. Mercury
11. Which of the following diseases is caused by virus?
a. Pellagra b. Small-pox c. Filariasis d. None
12. The density of water is higher at?
a. 4° C b. 0°C c. -4°C d. -273°C
13. Which one of the following regulates & co-ordinates the group movement of skeletal muscles?
a. Cerebrum b. Cerebellum c. Spinal cord d. Medulla
14. Chemical equations can be written on the basis of
a. Law of constant proportion b. Law of multiple proportions
c. Law of reciprocal proportion d. None
15. Trimuthis festival is annually held at
a. Tanjore b. Tirurayar
c. Tiruavares d. Kumbakonam
16. If the side of a square is increased by 25% then how much percent does its area get increased?
a. 125 b. 156.25 c. 50 d. 56.25
17. If the circumference of a circle is 44 meters, then its area in m2
a. 145 b. 154 c. 308 d. 462
18. The height of a cylinder in 14cm and its curved surface area is 264 sq.cm. The Volume of the cylinder is
a. 308 cm2
b. 396 cm3
c. 1848 m3
d. 1232 cm3
19. How many times are the hands of a clock at right angles in a day?
a. 24 b. 48 c. 22 d. 44
20. Which letter will be the sixth to the right of the eleventh letter from the right end of the English alphabet?
a. K b. V c. J d. U
21. What number is opposite “3”?
a. 1 b. 2 below c. 5 d. 4
22. COOK – BAT = 21, then CANE – HAD =?
a. 9 b. 11 c. 10 d. 15
23. Pointing out to a person a man said to a woman. ‘’His mother is the only daughter of your father’’. How as the woman related to the person?
a. Aunt b. Brother c. Cousin d. Mother
Direction (24-27): Read the following information and Answer the questions. Five persons namely P, Q, X, Y and Z are sitting in a park. ‘P’ is the
mother of ‘X’ who is wife of ‘Z’. ‘Y’ is brother of ‘P’ and ‘Q’ is the husband of ‘P’.
24. How is P related to Z?
a. Mother b. Aunt
c. Mother-in-law d. None
25. How is Y related to Q?
a. Brother b. Brother-in-law
c. Cousin d. Uncle
26. How is X related to Q?
a. Daughter b. Niece c. Aunt d. Mother
27. How is Q related to Z?
a. Brother-in-law b. Father
c. Father-in-law d. None
28. In 12 hours the hands of the clock will coincide and at 90° for how many times?
a. 22 b. 11 c. 32 d. 33
29. 15, 30, 60, 105, _____?
a. 160 b. 175 c. 150 d. 165
30. Find out wrong Number?
16, 23, 26, 64, 100, 144
a. 36 b. 16 c. 25 d. 144
TECHNICAL APTITUDE of RRB Assistant Loco Pilot Model Paper
31. Who invented the law of gravitational force?
a. Einstein b. C.V. Raman c. Newton d. None
32. Energy generated by turbine blade is?
a. P.E. b. P.E. + K .E c. K.E d. None
33. What is the purpose of tempering for hardened steel?
a. To harden the steel b. To soften the steel
c. To change the structure d. To strengthen the steel
34. Leg vice is sued for _____ operations?
a. Smithy b. Forging c. Casting d. Welding
35. Rainbow has elliptical shape due to?
a. Reflection b. Refraction c. Rare Fraction d. None
36. When bullet is fired, which law is applied to riffle?
a. Newton’s 111rd law b. Law of conservation
c. 156 law of thermodynamics d. All of the above
37. A motorist moving in a straight direction he contains ______ energy?
a. Potential only b. Kinetic + Potential Energy
c. Kinetic energy only d. None
38. Sound travel is faster in?
a. Air b. Vacuum c. Cast Steel d. Aluminum
39. Pilot tube is used to measure?
a. Velocity of a gas b. Pressure of fluid
c. Quantify of flow d. Velocity of fluid in open Channels
40. Air conditioning means?
a. To control the condition of air
b. To control the movement of air
c. To maintain pleasingness
d. All of the above
41. In motor vehicles which type of mirror used?
a. Concave b. Convex
c. Both a and b d. Plane
42. Why coolant is used in lathes?
a. To increase the cutting action b. To decrease heat loss
c. To remove chips d. All of the above
43. In simple indexing the crank movement is given by?
a. 24/N b. 24/N+N/40
c. 40/N d. 40/N = n1/N1 ± n2/N2
44. Usually shafts are made with?
a. Cast iron b. H.S.S.
c. M. S d. All of the above
45. Angle plates are used in conjunction with a ____ when holding surface of the work piece should be kept horizontal?
a. Chuck b. Face plate
c. Mandrel d. Rests
46. Number of taps used for making a complete thread in the hole is?
a. Single tap only b. Two taps
c. Three taps d. None
47. Cutting edges of the reamers are called?
a. Lands b. Flutes
c. Heal d. All of the above
48. Slip gauges are sometimes used for accurate setting of the?
a. Tail stock b. Carriage
c. Tool part d. All of the above
49. Thermal stress in a bar is directly proportional to?
a. Its cross sectional area b. It’s Volume
c. Change in temperature d. None
50. Which type of radiation is liberating form the sun?
a. Fission b. Fusion
c. Both A and B d. None
51. Bar is measurement for?
a. Velocity b. Temperature
c. Pressure d. All of the above
52. Mechanical efficiency means?
a. Input/ Output b. n stage/ n blade
c. Work done/Output d. Output/Input
53. By combustion of fuel in cylinder chemical energy converted into?
a. Mechanical energy b. Thermal Energy
c. Potential energy d. Kinetic energy
54. Which type of refrigent is used in refrigerator?
a. Ammonia b. Water c. Freon d. None
55. 20kgf.m. = __________ joules?
a. 4 b. 2 c. 3 d. None
56. Ladies voice is large than men’s, why?
a. Low pitch b. Low amplitude
c. High pitch d. High amplitude
57. For medium heads which type of turbine is suitable?
a. Kaplan turbine b. Impulse turbine
d. Francis turbine d. None
58. Jockey pulley is used to?
a. Increase the angle of contract b. Decrease the angle of contact
c. a and b d. None
59. What is the unit of strain?
c. No unites d. None
60. When two forces have equal magnitudes and angle between is 90° then what is the resultant?
b. 2√p c. √2 P d. None
61. The melting point of the filler material in brazing should be above?
a. 420° b. 600° c. 800°C d. 1000°C
62. Inconel is an alloy of?
a. Nickel-Chromium iron b. Copper zinc-iron
c. Copper tin – iron d. None
63. Primary is needed in?
a. Reciprocating pump b. Gear pump
c. Centrifugal pump d. Diaphragm pump
64. Weld spatter defect in welding is generally the result of?
a. Using tool high welding current
b. Using tool low welding current
c. Both a and b d. None
65. A tool used for removing broke n bolts and studs from a hole is
a. Screw driver b. Punch c. Exy-put d. Emry rod
66. Which of the following used as the wire for heating an element?
a. Invar b. Niche chrome c. Silver d. None
67. Example for semisolid lubricant is?
a. Graphite powder b. Greases c. Mineral oil d. All
68. For the same compression ratio the thermal efficiency of Otto, diesel and dual combustion cycle will be in the order?
a. Otto, Dual, Diesel b. Otto, Diesel, Dual
c. A and b d. None
69. Cable should be connected with appliances so that?
a. It has complete contract with other metallic part.
b. It has partial contact with other metallic part.
c. It doesn’t have any contact with other metallic part.
d. It has contact with more than one metallic part.
70. The solder used for soldering battery cable is made of?
a. Tin and lead b. Copper and tin
c. Lead ad aluminum d. Copper and Zinc
71. While soldering wire on a terminal solder should solidify rapidly?
a. To avoid cracking of terminals.
b. To avoid melting of terminals.
c. To avoid displacement of components being soldered.
d. To avoid over heating of other components.
72. Correct sequence of current flow in simple electric circuit is?
a. Load, switch, battery b. Battery, switch load
c. Load, battery, switch d. Switch, load, battery
73. In an open circuit the resistance is?
a. Very high b. Very low
c. Infinite d. No resistance
74. In a closed electrical circuit the current is?
a. Inversely proportional to voltage.
b. Directly proportional to resistance.
c. Inversely proportional to voltage and directly.
d. Directly proportional to voltage and inversely proportional to resistance.
75. A cell is device consisting of?
a. One electrode b. Tow electrodes
c. Three electrodes d . Four electrodes
76. Vent holes are provided in wet cells?
a. To pour electrode.
b. To allow gases to escape during charging only.
c. To allow gases to escapees during charging and discharging.
d. To allow gases to escapes during discharging only.
77. Identify the secondary cell from the following?
a. Silver-oxide cell b. Carbon-zinc cell
c. Lead acid cell d. Lithium cell
78. Lead acid battery is?
a. An electro-mechanical device b. An electrochemical device
c. An electrical device d. A chemical device
79. While discharging the battery converts?
a. Mechanical energy into electrical energy.
b. Electrical energy into chemical energy.
c. Chemical energy into mechanical energy.
d. Chemical energy into electrical energy.
80. The level of the electrolyte in each cell above plates should be?
a. 1/8” to 1/4” b.1/4” to 3/8”
c. 3/8’’ to 9/16” d. 7/8” to 1”
81. The electrolyte used in lead acid batter is?
a. Nitric acid b. Citric acid
c. Sulfuric acid d. Hydrochloric acid
82. The number of turns in primary winding are?
a. 100-200 turns b. 200 – 300 turns
c. 200-400 turns d. 400-500 turns
83. The distributor rotates simultaneously along with the?
a. Water pump b. Oil pump
c. Fuel pump d. Vacuum pump
84. The spark plug is fitted on?
a. Cylinder b. Cylinder Head
c. Crank case d. Rocker cover
85. Distributer shaft is supported by?
a. Ball bearing b. Shell bearing
c. Brush bearing d. Needle bearing
86. Distributor cap is made of?
a. Bakelite b. Fiber c. Plastic d. P.V.C.
87. The centrifugal advance mechanism advances the timing when fly weights?
a. Fly outward b. Contract inward
c. Remain constant d. Move upward
88. The dynamo used in automobiles is of?
a. Single pole b. Two pole c. Three pole d. Five pole
89. Dynamo brushes are made of?
a. Copper b. Brass c. Carbon d. Aluminium
90. In charging system the regulator acts as?
a. An automatic control b. An electronic control
c. Manual control d. A semi automatic control
91. When the dynamo voltage is more than the battery voltage, the
voltage flows to the_________?
a. Field winding b. Shunt winding
c. Series winding d. Armature winding
92. The oil pumps are generally driven by?
a. Camshaft b. Rocker shaft
c. Crank shaft d. Damper pulley
93. The symbol of P-N diode?
94. The output of rectifier constrains?
a. AC b. DC c. Both a & b d. None
95. Transistor is a?
a. Current controlled device b. Voltage controlled device
c. Power controlled device d. All of the above
96. Which of the following circuit can operate class for audio output?
a. Emitter b. Push pull c. Cascade d. None
97. Which of the following Semi-conductor is widely used?
a. Germanium b. Silicon c. Gallium d. None
98. In which oscillator series combinations of capacitors are obtained?
a. Cali Pitts b. Hardly
c. Crystal d. Weighing bridge
99. The most widely used method of biasing is?
a. Fixed bias b. Basic to collector bias
c. Self bias d. None
100. Memory is measured in?
a. Bytes b. Gytes c. Mytes d. None
1) b 21) d 41) b 61) a 81) c
2) b 22) c 42) a 62) a 82) b
3) c 23) d 43) c 63) c 83) b
4) b 24) c 44) c 64) a 84) b
5) a 25) b 45) b 65) d 85) c
6) b 26) a 46) a 66) b 86) a
7) a 27) c 47) b 67) b 87) a
8) d 28) a 48) a 68) a 88) b
9) a 29) d 49) c 69) c 89) c
10) d 30) c 50) b 70) a 90) a
11) b 31) c 51) c 71) c 91) b
12) a 32) c 52) d 72) b 92) a
13) b 33) b 53) b 73) c 93) c
14) a 34) a 54) c 74) d 94) b
15) b 35) a 55) b 75) b 95) a
16) b 36) a 56) c 76) c 96) b
17) b 37) c 57) c 77) c 97) b
18) b 38) c 58) a 78) b 98) a
19) d 39) d 59) c 79) d 99) c
20) b 40) d 60) c 80) b 100) a