Structure of Examination for Maths PGT Post RMSA AP Model School Recruitment 2012
The Written Exam For Maths PGT post graduate teacher post consists of 6 parts to answer
- Part – I : This part consists of GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND CURRENT AFFAIRS for 10 marks
- Marks and syllabus for other 5 parts is given below
Syllabus for Maths PGT Post RMSA AP Model School Recruitment 2012
Part – I
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND CURRENT AFFAIRS (Marks: 10)
Part – II
CHILD DEVELOPMENT AND PEDAGOGY (Marks: 10)
- Development of Child
- Understanding Learning
- Pedagogical Concerns
Part – III
PERSPECTIVES IN EDUCATION (Marks: 10)
- History of Education
- Teacher Empowerment
- Educational Concerns in Contemporary India
- Acts / Rights
- National Curriculum Framework, 2005
Part – IV
LANGUAGE- ENGLISH (Marks: 10)
- Poets, Essayists, Novelists, Dramatists and their works.
- Forms of Language – Story, Essay, Letter writing, Editorial, Précis writing, note- making, autobiography and biography.
- Pronunciation – Sounds – Use of dictionary
- Parts of Speech
- Types of Sentences
- Articles and Prepositions
- Degrees of Comparison
- Direct and Indirect – Speech
- Active and Passive Voice
- Use of Phrases
- Comprehension of a Prose passage / Poems
Part – V
CONTENT (Marks: 48)
- Relations & Functions
- Principle of Mathematical Induction: Processes of the proof by induction.
- Permutations & Combinations : Fundamental principle of counting. Factorial n, Permutations and combinations, derivation of formulae and their connections, simple applications.
- Complex Numbers
- Linear Inequalities
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequence and Series
- Elementary Number Theory
- Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Two dimensional Geometry
- TRIGONOMETRIC FUNCTIONS
- DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS
- DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
- SOLID GEOMETRY
- LINEAR ALGEBRA
- ABSTRACT ALGEBRA AND REAL ANALYSIS
Part – VI
TEACHING METHODOLOGY (Marks: 12)
- Meaning and Nature of Mathematics, History of Mathematics.
- Contributions of Great Mathematicians – Aryabhatta, Bhaskaracharya, Srinivasa Ramanujan, Euclid, Pythagoras, George cantor.
- Aims and Values of teaching Mathematics, Instructional objectives (Blooms taxonomy).
- Mathematics curriculum: Principles, approaches of curriculum construction, Logical and Psychological, Topical and oncentric, Spiral approaches. Qualities of a good Mathematics text book.
- Methods of teaching mathematics- Heuristic method, Laboratory method, Inductive and Deductive methods, Analytic and Synthetic methods, Project method and Problem Solving method.
- Unit Plan, Year Plan, Lesson Planning in Mathematics.
- Instructional materials, Edgar Dale’s Cone of Experience.
- Evolving strategies for the gifted students and slow learners.
- Techniques of teaching mathematics like Oral work, Written work, Drilling, Assignment, Project, Speed and Accuracy.
- Mathematics club, Mathematics structure, Mathematics order and pattern sequence.
- Evaluation – Types, Tools and Techniques of Evaluation, Preparation of SAT Analysis, Characteristics of a good test.
For Full details