Punjab and Sind Bank PO Selection Process
Punjab & Sind Bank invites applications for the post of Probationary Officers from Indian citizens who have taken the Common Written Examination for Probationary Officers/ Management Trainees conducted by IBPS in 2011 and have a valid Score card issued by IBPS & who meet the eligibility criteria. The candidates are selected based on interview and others.
Selection for the post of `Probationary Officer’ will be made on the basis of performance in Common Written Examination (CWE) conducted by IBPS in September 2011/ Supplementary written examination on November 2011 and Interview.
Depending upon the number of vacancies, the Bank reserves the right to call only those candidates who have sufficiently high valid IBPS score in the stipulated Common Written Examination and who fulfils the Bank’s eligibility criteria, for Interview. The total marks for Interview will be 100. Candidates have to obtain minimum 40% marks (35% for SC/ST/ OBC) to qualify in the Interview. The final merit list for selection will be prepared by clubbing the marks of written test as per IBPS score card & interview. The weightage for written test score and interview marks will be 85% & 15% respectively
The Interview will be held at the designated centres and the address of the venue will be advised in the call letters. The address of the venues will also be displayed in the Bank’s website before the dates for commencement of Interviews.
- Request for change of Centre of Interview shall NOT be entertained.
- Bank reserves the right to cancel any of the centres and/or add some other centres, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc. Bank also reserves the right to allot the candidate any of the centres other than the one he/she has opted for
Candidates selected for Interview should come along with copies of required documents (along with original certificates/ documents) mentioned below:
- Original fee payment receipt (CBS challan/ NEFT receipt)
- Valid IBPS Scorecard for the stipulated examination
- Attested copy of School leaving certificate or any other document showing proof of age acceptable to the Bank.
- Attested copies of Mark sheets / certificates in support of Educational Qualification;
- Attested copy of certificate of Computer Course, as applicable;
- Caste / PWD any other related certificate as applicable.
- Photo identity proof & address proof
If selected for interview, candidates serving in Government / Public Sector Undertakings (including Banks & Financial Institutions) will be required to submit their applications accompanied by a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer, in the absence of which their candidature will not be considered.