PSPCL Recruitment 2012
Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL), a power generating and distribution organization of Government of Punjab, has played a key role in implementation of the Punjab Government plans for Electrification. PSPCL has released a notification advertisement for recruitment of various posts. PSPCL is looking for young & dynamic candidates with brilliant academic record for the following posts
a) Assistant Engineer(On Training)
- AE(OT)/ Electrical – 287
- AE(OT)/ Mechanical – 9
- AE(OT)/ Instrumentation & Control – 15
- AE(OT)/ Electronics & Communication – 12
- AE(OT)/ Civil – 12
b) Junior Engineer/ Auxiliary Plant Attendant/ Assistant Junior Specialist/ SupervisorInstrumentation
- Junior Engineer/ Elect. – 215
- Aux. Plant Attendant/Elect. – 22
- Asstt. Junior Specialist/Elect. – 5
- Aux Plant Attendant /Mech. – 17
- Asstt. Junior Specialist /Mech – 8
- Supervisor/ Instrumentation – 8
- Junior Engineer /Civil – 30
c) Asstt. Manager/IT Systems – 2
d) Safety Officer – 3
KNOWLEDGE OF PUNJABI
For all posts, the candidates must have passed Punjabi at least up to Matric/10th Standard upto the last date of receipt of applications (relaxable in case of November,1984 riots affected Sikh migrant candidates to the extent of 2 years w.e.f. date of joining the post).
Age limits as on 1/1/2012 for eligibility for different posts will be as under:-
- Assistant Engineer/Accounts Officer/Assistant Manager (HR)/Assistant Manager (IT)/Safety Officer- 20 to 37 years
- All other posts- 18 to 37 years
Eligible candidates will have to undergo a written test. The merit shall be prepared based on the marks secured in the written test. If two or more candidates secure same marks then their relative merit shall be determined by their age with higher age candidates shall be placed at higher merit. The candidates as per merit list shall be called for document checking for which the date shall be notified later and communication shall be sent through registered Email only.
The offer of appointment for the required number of posts will be given to the successful candidates based on merit in the written test only provided the candidates are found eligible after checking of the documents relating to the various qualifications such as age, academic qualification, passing of Punjabi, experience certificate if any required and certificates in respect of reservation etc.The minimum qualifying marks in the written test for General Category candidates is 50% and for Reserve Category candidates is 40%.
(There will be 100 multi choice objective type questions with one correct answer. Out of these 100 questions 60 questions will be on the subject of the post applied for and 40 questions from General awareness, Reasoning and English language for all posts except for UDC/General. UDC/General which shall have 100 questions covering General awareness, Reasoning, Numerical and English. There will be negative marking for a wrong answer @0.25(1/4th) of the marks allotted for correct answer). The question paper for UDC (Accounts) and UDC (General) shall be bilingual i.e. Punjabi and English. However, the question papers for all other posts shall be in English language only.
The information regarding the written test will be made available on our Web site www.pspcl.in from time to time. The written test is tentatively scheduled to be held in the month of June, 2012 at Patiala/Chandigarh/Jalandhar or any other centre to be intimated while sending the admit card. The test centre will be allotted by PSPCL while sending the admit card and no change of test centre will be permissible. The exact date, time and venue of the written test and information regarding despatch of Admit Cards to the eligible candidates, with instructions of the test will be made available 10 days prior to the date of the test by Email and on web site of PSPCL.
The selected candidates shall undergo training at TTI Patiala as per PSPCL instructions. The final place of posting will be allocated after successful completion of training.
HOW TO APPLY
- i) Candidates are required to apply On-line through PSPCL website in English only. No other means/mode of submission of applications including manual/paper will be accepted under any circumstances.
- ii) Candidates should have a valid personal e-mail ID. It should be kept active during the currency of this recruitment process. Registration number, password, admit card for written test and call letter for document checking or any other important communication will be sent through the registered e-mail ID. The candidates are, therefore, requested to check regularly their e-mail for any communication from PSPCL. Under no circumstances, the candidate should share/mention e-mail ID to any other person. Please note that the admit card for written test or any other correspondence such as call for document checking etc. will not be sent by post.
- iii) Candidates should take utmost care to furnish the correct details while filling in on-line application. Any mistake committed by the candidate shall be his/her sole responsibility. No subsequent corrections/modifications are allowed once the online application is registered.
- iv) Before starting to fill up the on-line application, make sure the following details/documents are readily available with the candidate:
- a) Academic qualification as per eligibility criteria.b) Personal details.
- v) Candidates are now ready to apply on-line by re-visiting the PSPCL website and going to the option “Click here to apply online” under “Recruitment to the desired post in PSPCL”
- vi) Fill up all the information desired in the form correctly.
- vii) After applying on-line and getting the confirmation that the application has been registered, candidate can print Application and challan copy. A copy of application form and copy of the Bank challan and particulars to be filled in the challan shall be sent to his/her email. The candidates are required to open their e-mail and take printout of the application on A-4 size paper and retain it after signing the same for future requirements. Please do not send this print out to PSPCL. In addition he will print out two copies of the Bank Challan. He will fill up the details of Application registered and details of fee to be deposited in the challan. The candidate shall deposit the fee in the any Branch of the Bank, the details of which are available in Para-12.
- viii) On successful registration of on-line application, candidates are advised not to attempt for re-registration for the same post since multiple registration number and password may create problem for candidates in future. In case of multiple registration for the same post, the candidature is liable for cancellation/rejection without any notice/intimation to the candidate.
- xi) After obtaining the Computer transaction number form the bank on the challan, the candidate keep the scanned copy of photograph and signature before again logging in PSPCL site for final submission of the application on line. He shall up load his photograph, signature and details of the fee deposited in the bank as per the details given in the following paras.
- xii) Photograph and signature: Scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below:-
- a) Photograph image: Photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture, Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white, background, Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face, If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows. If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”. If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen. Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face. Dimensions 200×230 pixels (preferred) Size of file should be between 20 kb-50kb. Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50 kb. If the size of the file is more than 50 kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
- b) Signature image: The applicant has to sign on white paper with black ink pen.The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person. The signature will be used to put on the admit card and wherever necessary. If the applicant’s signature on the answer sheet, at the time of the examination does not match the signature on the admit card, the applicant will be disqualified. Please scan the signature area only and not the entire page. Dimensions 140×60 pixels (preferred). Size of file should be between 10kb-20kb. Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20 kb.
- c) Scanning the photograph & signature
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch) . Set colour to true colour , File size as specified above. Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: o Image 0.1 jpg or image 0.1 jpeg image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in the jpeg format not exceeding 50 kb & 20 Kb respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50 kb (photograph) & 20 kb (signature ) by using crop and then resize option (please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘image’ menue. Similar options are available in the other photo editors also o If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed. While filling in the online application form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature.
- d) Procedure for uploading the photograph and signature along with fee deposit details in bank: Log in with the given registration number and password given to the candidate. There will be two separate links for uploading photograph and signature. Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph/signature”. Browse and select the location where the scanned photograph/signature file has been saved. Select the file by clicking on it. Click the ‘Open/upload’ button. Fill up the Bank details by clicking the appropriate tab/link.
- xiii) After uploading photo, signature and filling up the fee deposit details he will submit his application and his/her registration will be confirmed. He can be print the copy of application and intimation will be sent to him to his registered email address. Please note that the application shall not be considered as registered if the candidate has not filled up the details after depositing fee in the Bank.
- xiv) Admit card for written test, containing the details of the centre/ venue for the examination etc. will be sent to the candidates at their registered e-mail ID. The candidates are required to take a print out of their admit card. The candidate can also download their admit card from the PSPCL website using their registration number and the password. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without valid admit card.
- xv) Candidates are advised also to bring copy of challan and submit the same to room invigilator on the day of written examination without which the candidate may not be allowed to write the written examination.
- xvi) Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply on-line much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fees to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on the PSPCL’s website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam.
- xvii) The PSPCL does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason whatsoever.
- xviii) Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application shall be accepted.
- xix) Candidates serving in Govt./Quasi Govt. offices, public sector undertakings are required to submit “No objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of document checking, failing which their candidatures may not be considered.
- xx) Mere issue of admit card will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the PSPCL. However, in cases where a candidate had appeared in the written examination or even if, called for the document checking and such candidate does not fulfill any of the laid down selection criteria, his/her candidature will automatically be treated as cancelled at the stage. Therefore, before submitting the application, the candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility criteria as laid down in this advertisement or amendments if any issued subsequently. His/her candidature will be purely provisional subject to eligibility verification during document checking.
- xxi) The decision of the PSPCL about the mode of selection to the post and eligibility conditions shall be final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.