IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System.It is a test for measuring your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in English, and decides that your ability to communicate for work, study or life in an English-speaking countries. The following are some tips about how to prepare for IELTS examination.
How to prepare for IELTS
1. Download and read the free Information for Candidates booklet which provides an explanation of the test.
2. First you can improve your English by reading, writing, speaking, and listening. You can practice these exercises every day.
3. That its like speak in English with your friends, parents and neighbors. Sometimes you can practice with the mirror image also.This is very good practice.
4.Reading English news papers, Novels, Journals, Articles, etc due to this you can automatically improve your writing and speaking skills by rising new current information.
5.Listen to English news channels, Movies, Discovery channels , Cricket commentary etc. Try to listen different accents including American, Australian, British, Canadian and New Zealand etc.
6.Read and completely understand each and every part of format and sections in that document.
7.The IELTS has two formats. IELTS Academic Training and IELTS general Training. These two training’s are differed by the writing and reading components.
8.Before starts the preparation, you should read the Information booklet related to IELTS. It gives the entire details about IELTS. And also provides rules for the people who attended to that test.
9. Practice so many sample test papers. Due to this you learn more things and also improve your speed writing.
10. Gather Official IELTS Practice Materials and then practice those books.
11.On the day before your test, take the time to refresh your memory of the test rules, test format and location so that you feel as relaxed as possible.
12. Consult the British Council and taking advises and useful materials for the tests. And also take some practice classes. A good trainer can help you out with your Speaking and point out your errors and make suggestions on how to improve in Writing. And also maximize your Reading and Listening skills by giving you tips and shortcuts to get the right answers.
13. Identify the weak points in you and rectify them first. For example if you are poor in listening section then first working on that section, and improve that skill by practice.
14. Spend minimum of 30 minutes to listen BBC News.
15. Spare some time daily on each four sub parts, and practice well.