Current Affairs – April 2012 Persons
- B.V. Vanchoo – Vanchoo was appointed the Governor of Goa on 28 April 2012. A 1976-batch IPS officer from West Bengal cadre, Wanchoo retired as the head of the Special Protection Group on 31 October 2011.Former Madhya Pradesh Minister and ex-MP Aziz Qureshi was named as the next Governor of Uttarakhand, replacing Margaret Alva who is set to assume the charge of Rajasthan Governor for the rest of her term.
- Goolam E. Vahanvati– President Pratibha Patil on 30 April 2012 re-appointed Goolam E. Vahanvati Attorney-General for two more years with effect from 8 June 2012. Vahanvati was appointed to the post of Attorney-General in 2009 for three years.
- Achla Sachdev -Yesteryear Bollywood actress, died in Pune on 29 April 2012. Born in Peshawar, Sachdev made her film debut with Fashionable Wife (1938). Her most memorable role was in the 1965 blockbuster Waqt. She was also a part of films like Prem Pujari, Mera Naam Joker, Hare Rama Hare Krishna and Andaz. She worked in more than 100 films. She also acted in English language films like the Mark Robson film Nine Hours to Rama (1963) and Merchant Ivory film, The Householder (1963).
- JIM YONG KING- The World Bank on 16 April 2012 appointed Korean-born American health expert Jim Yong Kim as its new president. He succeeded Robert Zoellick as the head of World Bank.
- NKP SALVE- Former BCCI president and former Union Minister and former BCCI president, NKP Salve passed away on 1 April 2012 in New Delhi. He had been the president of the BCCI when India won the World Cup in 1983. He had joined the central cabinet in 1982 under Indira leadership.