NEET-PG Counseling and Allotment of Seats 2013
In order to be eligible for admission to any postgraduate course in a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain following percentiles. The percentile shall be determined based on highest scaled scores secured in the All-India common merit list in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test’ for Postgraduate courses.
1. General – 50% Percentile
2. SC/ST/OBC – 40% Percentile
3. PWD – 45% Percentile
Validity of NEET-PG Result
The validity of the result of the NEET-PG shall be only for the current admission session i.e. 2013 admission session for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses and cannot be carried forward for the next session of admissions for MD/MS/PG Diploma.
The allocation of seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses 2013 Admission session in various medical institutions /medical colleges under ambit of PGME Regulations shall be undertaken as per procedure as prescribed in PG Medical Education Regulation.
The reservation of seats in medical colleges/institutions for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in States/ Union Territories. An All India Merit List as well as State-wise merit list of the eligible candidates shall be prepared on the basis of scaled scores obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to Post Graduate courses from the said merit lists only.
No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum percentile as prescribed in the Regulation above shall be admitted to any Postgraduate courses in the said academic year.
For number of seats Click here
Allotment of Seats
- In non-Governmental medical colleges/institutions, 50% (Fifty Percent) of the total seats shall be filled by State Government or the Authority appointed by them, and the remaining 50% (Fifty Percent) of the seats shall be filled by the concerned medical colleges/institutions on the basis of the merit list prepared as per the scaled scores obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.”
- In Government medical colleges/institutions, 50% of the total seats shall be filled by State Government or the Authority appointed by them, and the remaining 50% of the seats shall be filled All India level as per NEET PG Merit position only
Medical institutions that are not covered by centralized admissions for MD/MS/PG Diploma seats through NEETare: –
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Pondicherry (or) Such Institutions as may be notified by MoHFW, Govt. of India
- 3% seats of the annual sanctioned intake capacity shall be filled up by candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70%.In case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% then any such unfilled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% – before they are included in the annual sanctioned seats for General Category candidates.
- An all India merit list as well as State-wise merit list of the eligible candidates shall be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to Post Graduate courses from the said merit lists only.
- Weightage in the marks may be given by the Government /Competent Authority as an incentive at the rate of 10% of the marks obtained for each year of service in remote and /or difficult areas upto the maximum of 30% of the marks obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
- 50% of seats in Post Graduate Diploma Courses shall be reserved for Medical Officers in the Government service, who has served for at least three years in remote and/or difficult areas. After acquiring the PG Diploma, the Medical Officers shall serve for two more years in remote and/or difficult areas as defined by State Government/Competent authority from time to time.