APPSC Government Polytechnic Lecturers Mining Engineering Syllabus
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturers Notification 2012 has been released for filling up 919 vacancies in Government Polytechnic Colleges,Andhra Pradesh.Candidates who are desirous for Lecturer jobs in Government polytechnic colleges and satisfy eligibility criteria can apply online from 06-11-2012 to 06-12-2012. Check Polytechnic Lecturers Mining Engineering Syllabus for Written Examination.
Scheme/Pattern of Written Examination
|Paper-1||General Studies & Mental ability||150 Marks||150 Qns.||150 Minutes|
|Paper-2||Concerned Subject||300 Marks.||150 Qns||150 Minutes|
|PART-B: ORAL TEST (Interview)||50 marks|
Mining Engineering Syllabus
1. GEOLOGY: Structural Geology: Definition and scope. Recognition of faults, folds, joints, unconfirmaties etc., Primary and induced structures, their importance in Mining, Bedding,
Liniation, foliation, fracture, Cleat etc., field Geology; importance and scope of filed Geology, field techniques, geological mapping. Use of survey equipment.
2. Principles of Stratigraphy.
3. EXPLORATORY DRILLING: Principles, selection of site, lay outs, details of equipment, methods of drilling and their variation, interpretation of bore holo data.
4. EXPLOSIVES AND BLASTING: Classification, types and use of explosives storage and transport. Blasting techniques in UG and open cost mines.
5. SUPPORTS: Objectives, limitations of mine supports, Types of mine supports and systematic timbering.
6. OPENING AND CHOICE OF MINING METHODS: Opening, development of mineral deposits, classification of mining methods, merits, demerits and application. Bord and pillar
mining. Long wall mining. Open cast mining and their variations. Design of suitable methodology of mining for specific conditions like thickness, depth, inclination, annual production etc.,
7. METAL MINING: Scope and limitations of U/G mining methods, Classification of U/G metal mining systems and their applications in different conditions.
8. MINE SURVEYING: Principles of surveying. Different methods and their importance. Chain surveying. Compass surveying, theodolite surveying, plane labling, levelling, triangulation, correlation. Astronomical terms and definitions. Mine plans and sections. Regulations pertaining to plans and sections.
9. MINING MACHINERY: Elements of transport system, classification and techno economic indecies. Rope haulage, locomotive haulage, conveyers, Aerial rope ways, trackless
haulage, Winding. Drainage and pumping.
10. MINE ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING: Mine air and environment. Natural and mechanical ventilation, Types, design variables, selection, installation and maintenance. Mine
fires, explosions and innundations, Rescue and recovery.
11. MINE LIGISLATION AND SAFETY: Regulations pertaining to conservation’s, exploitation of mineral deposits. Safety welfare and hygiene of mine workers.