MAT Sample Test Online 2013 – MAT Sample Question with Answers
Management Aptitude Test – MAT Notification May 2013 has been released. Candidates who are interested and satisfy eligibility criteria can apply online before last date i.e., 16th April. Candidates who are applying have to find complete details like eligibility criteria, online registration process, application form last date, Universities under MAT, challan form fee, admit card/hall ticket, exam syllabus date,pattern, study material online free, previous papers, online tests etc on MAT 2013 Notification May.
MAT Sample Question with Answers
A few sample questions are given below for the guidance of the candidates in the preparation. These samples do not necessarily indicate either the types or the difficulty levels of questions that can be in the actual test. In general the preparation standard expected is that of a graduate from an Indian University having completed 10 + 2 + 3 pattern of education. However, the knowledge level required for attempting the section on Mathematical Skills is that of 10th standard under Central Board of Secondary Education.
Directions : Read the passage carefully to answer the questions that follow. Procrastination is a costly and draining problem for all of us. The easiest way to deal with procrastination is to never let it get started in the first place. Procrastination plagues us all. More plans go astray, more dreams go unfilled, and more time is wasted.It is a major stumbling block for almost everyone seeking to improve his use of time. For many, this becomes an insidious habit that can ruin their careers, destroy their happiness, and even shorten their lives. Procrastination is respectful of no one. All of us suffer from it at one time or another. Procrastination is doing low priority actions or tasks rather than higher priority ones. It is straightening your desk when you should be working on the report; watching TV when you should be exercising; calling on the friendly customer who buys very little when you should be preparing a sales presentation for that tough prospect who could buy much more; avoiding a co-worker rather than telling him the bad news;staying away from office to avoid disciplining a subordinate; and postponing activities with your children, because there always seems to be something “more urgent”, until suddenly they’re grown and you realize it’s too late to do any of the things you’ve always talked about doing together.
1. Which of the following best describes‘procrastination’?
(1) linger on (2) stop
(3) delay (4) wait
2. Why is procrastination said to be a stumbling block?
(1) It prevents fulfillment of goals.
(2) It hinders effectiveness and efficiency.
(3) It stops one from working.
(4) It makes one lazy.
Directions : Choose a word or phrase nearly similar in meaning to the given word.
(1) Self-respect (2) Dignity
(3) Decorum (4) Self-awareness
(1) Abstinence (2) Sober
(3) Moderate (4) Dry
Directions : A word in capital letters is followed by four words. Choose the word that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters.
(1) praise (2) crue
(3) slander (4) dialogue
Directions : The sentence has four underlined parts marked A, B, C and D. Identify the one underlined part that must be changed for the sentence to be correct.
6. The book is well-printed and attractively bound A B making altogether on attractive volume.C D
(1) A (2) B
(3) C (4) D
Directions : In the following question a related pair of words is followed by four pairs of words. Select the pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
7. APHORISM : SENTENTIOUS : :
(1) criticism : redundant
(2) eulogy : laudatory
(3) adage : symbolic
(4) maxim : allegorical
8. A screwdriver and a hammer currently have the same price. If the price of a screw driver rises by 5% and the price of a hammer goes up by 3%, how much more will it cost to buy 3 screwdrivers and 3 hammers?
(1) 3% (2) 4%
(3) 5% (4) 8%
9. If n and p are both odd numbers, which of the following numbers must be an even number?
(1) n+p (2) np
(3) np+2 (4) n+p+1
10. There are 30 socks in a drawer. 60% of the socks are red and the rest are blue. What is the minimum number of socks that must be taken from the drawer without looking in order to be certain that at least two blue socks have been chosen?
(1) 2 (2) 3
(3) 14 (4) 20
11. The ratio of chickens to pigs to horses on a farm can be expressed as the triple ratio 20 :4 : 6. If there are 120 chickens on the farm,then the number of horses on the farm is
(1) 4 (2) 6
(3) 24 (4) 36
Click here for MAT Sample Test Online 2013 and MAT Sample Question with Answers