Kolkata Municipal Corporation Recruitment 2013 for 631 Teacher Jobs
www.mscwb.org-Kolkata Municipal Corporation Recruitment 2013 notification has been released for filling up 631 Teacher vacancies. Candidates who are interested and eligible can submit Online application forms before 31st December, Monday up to 5 pm.. Candidates can find other details like eligibility criteria, qualifications, selection process, application form,challan form, examination syllabus, model papers, admit card and results.
Total number of posts in Kolkata Municipal Corporation Recruitment 2013 are 631 Teacher Jobs. The details of break up in vacancies is given below
1. Teacher (Bengali Medium)
a. Main Panel – 288 Posts
b. Supplementary Panel – 144 Posts
2. Teacher (Hindi Medium)
a. Main Panel – 71 Posts
b. Supplementary Panel – 35 Posts
3. Teacher (Urdu Medium for Male)
a. Main Panel – 43 Posts
b. Supplementary Panel – 22 Posts
4. Teacher (Urdu Medium for Female)
a. Main Panel – 19 Posts
b. Supplementary Panel – 09 Posts
The age limit for General category Candidates should be between 18 to 40 years as on 01-1-2012. There will be an age relaxation of 5 years upper age relaxation for SC/ST Candidates and 3 years relaxation in upper age for OBC Candidates
- i) Higher Secondary pass under the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent with at least 50% marks and 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known); OR
- ii) Higher Secondary pass under the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent with at least 45% marks and 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms & Procedure), Regulations, 2002; OR
- iii) Higher Secondary pass under the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent at least 50% marks and 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.); OR
- iv) Higher Secondary pass under the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent with at least 50% marks and 2 years Diploma in Education (Special Education); OR
- v) Graduation and two years Diploma in Elementary Education (By whatever name known).
Kolkata Municipal Corporation Recruitment(KMC) Teachers selection process is based on the performance in Preliminary and Main exam.. The recruitment examination will be held in two sta es viz.,
- (i) Preliminary Examination (Multiple choice, Objective Type),
- (ii) Main Examination (Written – conventional type).
(i) Preliminary Examination
The examination will consist of one paper of General Knowledge, Current Affairs, History, Geography, General Science and Mathematics (Madhyamik examination standard) with total marks of 100 comprising 100 questions ( Multiple Choice-Objective Type Questions) carrying 1 mark for each question. There will be negative marking & 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong / incorrect answer. Questions will be set in English and time allowed two hours. The examination will be a test for selection of candidates for the Main Examination.
The marks obtained by the candidates in the Preliminary Examination will not be counted for the purpose of determining the final merit list. Qualifying marks for such preliminary examination will be 50 (fifty) for general candidates, 45 for OBC candidates and 40 (Forty) for S.C., S.T & PH candidates. About 10 times the strength of the panels(both main & supplementary) will be called on merit basis for the main examination subject to their obtaining qualifying marks in the preliminary examination. However, the commission reserves the right to relax the qualifying marks in respect of all or any of the categories, if necessary.
(ii) Main Examination
The examination will consist of one paper on English-50 marks, Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu-50 marks and Mathematics-50 marks (all conventional type questions) with total marks of 15 0. Duration of the examination will be three hours.
Syllabus for Main Examination
(a) English: English Grammar, Precis Writing, Letter Writing and Essay Writing. (b) Bengali/Hindi/Urdu : Grammar Precis Writing, Letter Writing and Essay Writing
(c) Mathematics : Questions will be set in English and on the basis of the syllabus of Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education and answer shall be written in English only. Questions for English, Bengali/ Hindi/Urdu will be of Higher Secondary Standard of the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education.
How to apply:
Eligible applicants,first download the application fee at KMC official website at www.mscwb.org and pay the fee using challan fee.Also download Kolkata Municipal Corporation application form,available below in prescribed format,fill it and send to given address to reach on or before 31-12-2012.
the Municipal Service Commission,
149, A.J.C. Bose Road,
Last Date for Receipt of Application: 31-12-2012.