Kolkata Home Guard Recruitment 2012
Kolkata Police Recruitment board has issued a notification for recruitment of 1000 Home guard vacancies in the year 2012. Applications are invited for enrolment of 1000 (One Thousand) Male/Female Home Guard Volunteers under Home Guard Organisation, Kolkata as per the provisions of the West Bengal Home Guard Rules 1962. Any resident of Kolkata Police jurisdiction including added area (KMC Ward No 1 to 141) having the minimum educational qualification of class VIII pass from any recognized institute and having the following minimum physical standard and is of the age of minimum 18 years but not more than 35 years as on 1 st June 2012, is eligible to apply:
Minimum Physical Standard
For Male Home Guard
: Height 160 cm
: Chest 76 cm
: Weight 51 kgs
For Female Home Guard
: Height 152 cm
: Weight 44 kgs
Filled up application as per the following proforma duly signed by the applicant in A4 size executive bond paper enclosed with two self-addressed envelope affixed with postal stamp worth Rupees 5/- should positively reach the Chairman Enrolment Committee, Kolkata Police Home Guard Organisation, Post Box No – 483, GPO, Kolkata – 700001, within 15days from the date of publication of this advertisement, otherwise application shall not be entertained. The words “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF HOME GUARD/ LADY HOME GUARD” will be superscribed on the top of the envelope, containing the duly filled up Application Form. Format of the application may be downloaded from Kolkata Police website www.kolkatapolice.gov.in.
- Candidates submitting valid application will be called for Physical Measurement at the 1st step.
- Candidates who will qualify in Physical Measurement will be considered for Physical Efficiency Test.
A) For Male Home Guards 400 Mtrs. Run to be completed in 1 Minute 40 Seconds.
B) For Lady Home Guards 200 Mtrs. Run to be completed in 1 Minute.
- The candidates who will qualify in Physical Efficiency Test will be called for interview.
- The attested true copy of the age proof, educational qualification and proof of residence shall have to be enclosed with the application.
- The name of the local Police Station shall have to be furnished with the address of the applicant.
- No travelling expenses shall be provided for appearing Physical Measurement, Physical Efficiency Test and Interview.