Indian Overseas Bank Clerk Recruitment 2012 through IBPS
Indian Overseas Bank Clerk Recruitment 2012 notification through IBPS has been released. Indian Overseas Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with headquarters in Chennai having geographical presence all over India and abroad invites On-line applications from Indian Citizens for the post of Clerks, who have taken the Common Written Examination (CWE) for Clerical cadre post conducted by IBPS in Nov/Dec 2011 and obtained a valid CWE-CLERK 2011-12 Score Card issued by IBPS and who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in this notification below. Candidates are requested to apply only through online between 29.06.2012 and 14.07.2012 through our Bank’s website www.iob.in. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
- OPENING DATE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION 29.06.2012
- CLOSING DATE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION 14.07.2012
- PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE /INTIMATION CHARGE 29.06.2012 TO 14.07.2012
- TENTATIVE DATE OF INTERVIEW AUG / SEPT 2012
Details of Vacancies
FOR SC/ST/ PC/EXSM : Rs.20./-
FOR ALL OTHERS (INCLUDING OBC) : Rs. 100/-
Click here to download Challan Form/Payment Reciept
Candidates should ensure their eligibility before paying the fee/applying/attending the written test/interview. Application Fee/ Intimation Charge have to be paid in cash only at Branches of Indian Overseas Bank before applying online. The payment of Application Fee/ Intimation Charge should be made between 29.06.2012 and 14.07.2012 (inclusive of both dates) and the last date for applying online is 14.07.2012.
Application for online registration will be available in our Bank’s website between 29.06.2012 and 14.07.2012 only. Even if the date for online application is revised the date for payment of application fee/ intimation charge will remain unchanged. For the purpose of locating the Branch address for remitting fee, candidates may log on to our Bank website www.iob.in wherein provision is available for locating address of the Branches.
A candidate must be either i) a Citizen of India or ii) a subject of Nepal or iii) subject of Bhutan or iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Interview conducted by the Bank but on final selection the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India, is produced.
B. IBPS SCORE REQUIREMENT
COMMON WRITTEN EXAMINATION
CATEGORY- WISE INDIVIDUAL TEST CUT-OFF
RESERVED (SC/ST/OBC/PC/ EXSM)
|Test of Reasoning (TR)||24 & above||21 & above|
|Test of English Language (EN)||24 & above||21 & above|
|Test of Numerical Ability (NA)||24 & above||21 & above|
|Test of General Awareness with special
reference to Banking Industry(GA)
|24 & above||21 & above|
|Test of Computer Knowledge (CK)||24 & above||21 & above|
TOTAL WEIGHTED STANDARD SCORE (TWSS):
For General Category: TWSS – Minimum 120
For Reserved Category (SC/ST/OBC/PC/EXSM): TWSS – Minimum 105
Candidates should be holding a valid CWE-CLERK 2011-12 Score card issued by IBPS and should have obtained a minimum score or above in each test components and Total Weighted Standard Score (TWSS) as mentioned below in the Common Written Examination (CWE) conducted by IBPS for Clerical cadre post in Nov / Dec 2011. Candidates should be able to produce the original Score Card in support of the scores mentioned in the on-line application form, if called for Interview.
Educational Qualification (AS ON 01.08.2011)
A Pass with 65% marks (60% for SC/ST/PC/EXSM) in HSC of 10 + 2 (10+2+3) pattern or Intermediate / Pre-University or any equivalent examination recognized by Central / State Government or U.T. Administration.
A pass with 60% marks in Diploma in Banking (55% for SC/ST/PC/EXSM) recognized by Central / State Government or U.T. Administration.
A degree with a minimum of 50% of marks (45% for SC/ST/PC/EXSM) in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Govt.
AGE AS ON 01.08.2011
Minimum Age: 18 Years ; Maximum Age : 28 Years. Relaxation of age for reserved category as per Govt. guidelines.
Pay Scale – 7,200 -19,300 plus DA, HRA, etc. will be paid as per Bank’s rules in force from time to time depending upon the place of posting
Mere eligibility/pass in the stipulated CWE conducted by IBPS for Clerical Cadre posts, shall not vest any right in a candidate for being called for Interview. Depending upon the number of vacancies (State/Union territory- wise), only those candidates who have been issued a valid score card in the Common Written Examination (CWE) for Clerical cadre posts conducted by IBPS in Nov/Dec 2011 and who rank sufficiently high in the order of merit based on the Total Weighted Standard Score (TWSS) as per the cut-off marks (State/Union territory- wise) decided by the Bank will be called for the Interview.
The Interview will carry 50 Marks. Minimum qualifying marks in the Interview will be 22.50 marks for General Category and 20.00 marks for SC/ST/OBC/PC/EXSM Candidates. Final selection will be made State/Union territory – wise, on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates in the Common Written Examination (CWE) for Clerical cadre posts conducted by IBPS in Nov/Dec 2011 & Interview and will be strictly according to the merit ranking. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PC/EXSM will be given relaxation in marks as per extant Government Guidelines. The Bank reserves the right to change the selection procedure, if necessary.
While appearing for the Interview, the candidates should produce photo identity such as PAN Card / Passport / Driving License / Voters Card / Bank Pass Book with Photograph / Photo embossed Credit Card for verification. If the identity of the candidate is in doubt, the candidate will not be allowed for the Interview.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates are required to apply ‘ON-LINE’ only through our Bank’s website www.iob.in and no other means / mode of application will be acceptable. Candidates are advised to follow the following sequence of steps while applying on-line. Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID (as specified in the on-line application form while applying for Common Written Examination (CWE) for Clerical cadre post conducted in Nov/Dec 2011 by IBPS). It should be kept active for the duration of this recruitment process. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person.
- a) Candidates are required to Log on to our Bank’s website www.iob.in and click “Careers” column (available at the bottom of the Bank’s website), then the Careers page will open.
- b) Candidates are required to go through the detailed advertisement by clicking the “Advertisement (English)” or “Advertisement (Hindi)” available under the title “Recruitment of 1500 Clerical Staff 2012” in the Careers Page and ensure candidate’s eligibility before applying for the said post.
- c) Candidates are required to take a print out of blank “Payment Receipt / Challan” available as an Annexure to this notification.
- d) Before applying online the candidate has to remit the application fee/intimation charge as applicable to the candidate with the filled up Payment Receipt/ Challan in any of Indian Overseas Bank branches by means of cash only and collect candidate’s copy of Payment Receipt/ Challan for the application fee / intimation charge paid as mentioned above. Please ensure that the following information has been correctly entered (1) Name, (2) Category, (3) IBPS CWECLERK 2011-12 Registration Number, (4) Branch Name and Code Number, (5) Transaction ID, (6) Date of deposit and amount paid in the Payment Receipt / Challan.
- e) After remitting the application fee/ intimation charge, the candidates are required to revisit our Bank’s website www.iob.in, open the Career Page and click “Apply Online” link available under the title “Recruitment of 1500 Clerical Staff 2012” for Online registration. Log in with the Registration No. or Roll No. and password pertaining to IBPS CWE-CLERK 2011-12 for applying online and fill up the required details provided in the online application form.
- f) After filling up all the details, candidates shall submit the application online. The candidates should then take a printout of the system generated on-line application form. The registration number and password generated should also be retained for future reference. Candidates are advised to fill their particulars on-line by themselves correctly.