Indian Overseas Bank IOB PO Recruitment 2012
Indian Overseas Bank PO Recruitment 2012 notification has been released. There are 1500 posts vacant for probationary officers in the year 2012. Indian Overseas Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with headquarters in Chennai having geographical presence all over India and abroad invites On-line applications from Indian Citizens for the post of Probationary Officers in Junior Management Grade Scale – I, who have taken the Common Written Examination (CWE) for Probationary Officers/Management Trainees conducted by IBPS in Sept / Nov 2011 and obtained a valid IBPS CWE-PO/MT-2011 Score Card and who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in this notification below.
RECRUITMENT OF 1500 PROBATIONARY OFFICERS – 2012
Candidates are requested to apply only through online between 30.03.2012 and 19.04.2012 through our Bank’s website www.iob.in. No other means/mode of application will be accepted. Before applying, candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfill the stipulated eligibility criteria. They should note that Application Fee/ Postage charges once deposited will neither be refunded nor be adjusted against any other recruitment process. Candidates are advised to fill their particulars on-line by themselves correctly.
Important Dates for IOB Indian Overseas Bank PO Recruitment 2012
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Overseas Bank IOB PO Recruitment 2012
A candidate must be either i) a Citizen of India or ii) a subject of Nepal or iii) subject of Bhutan or iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Interview conducted by the Bank, but on final selection the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India, is produced
IBPS Score cut off Required for IOB Indian Overseas Bank PO Recruitment 2012
Candidates should have obtained the valid IBPS CWE-PO/MT-2011 Score card, score in each test components and Total Weighted Standard Score (TWS) as mentioned below in the Common Written Examination conducted for POs/MTs in Sept / Nov 2011 by IBPS. Candidates should be able to produce the original IBPS CWE-PO/MT-2011 Score Card in support of the scores mentioned in the on-line application form, if called for Interview.
Educational Qualification for IOB Indian Overseas Bank PO Recruitment 2012
- Graduation from a recognised university/Institution with minimum 60% Marks. (For Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PC category minimum 55% Marks). Graduation results should have been declared by the university/Institution on or before 01.07.2011.
- Computer literacy shall be an essential qualification, which the candidate must either possess before or acquire within six months of joining the Bank.
- Diploma in Banking & Finance (DBF) from Indian Institute Of Banking and Finance (IIBF) is a desirable qualification besides the above entry level qualification.
Candidates are advised to only enter percentage of marks (calculated to the nearest two decimals) obtained in the Graduation in the on-line application form. Where no percentage of mark is awarded by the University, but only CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, candidates are advised to convert the same into percentage and enter only the percentage of marks. The fraction of percentage will be ignored and will NOT be rounded off to the next highest integer i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
Age Limit For IOB Indian Overseas Bank PO Recruitment 2012
The candidates who have completed the age of 21 years as on 01.07.2011 and not completed 30 years as on 01.07.2011 are only eligible to apply. Relaxation in maximum age for SC/ST/OBC/PC/Ex-Servicemen will be as per extant Government Guidelines.
- An ex- serviceman who has once joined a Government job on civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an Ex-Serviceman for his re-employment, including a job in Public Sector Undertaking ceases to enjoy Exserviceman status for further employment.
- All persons eligible for age relaxation under S.No. 4 above must produce the domicile certificate at the time of interview, from the District Magistrate in the Kashmir Division within whose jurisdiction he/ she had ordinarily resided or any other authority designated in this regard by the Govt. of Jammu & Kashmir, to the effect that the candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during 1 st January 1980 to 31 st December 1989.
- Above relaxations are available only if the candidates fulfill the various conditions prescribed in the Govt. of India orders and instructions in this regard. To claim age relaxation, reserved category candidates should submit a copy of the Community Certificate at the time of interview.
- There is no reservation for Ex-Servicemen in the Officer Cadre.
PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED (PC)
Reservation is available for Physically Challenged candidates under section-33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights & Full participation) Act 1995.
VISUALLY IMPAIRED (VI)
The visually impaired persons are those suffering from blindness or low vision. Blindness – refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely (i) total absence of sight, (or) (ii) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses, (or) (iii) Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse. A Person with low vision means one with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction, but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
DEAF & HEARING IMPAIRED (HI)
the deaf are those persons in whom the sense of hearing is non- functional for ordinary purposes of life i.e. total loss of hearing in both ears. They do not hear; understand sounds at all even with amplified speech. Hearing impairment means loss of 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
ORTHOPAEDICALLY CHALLENGED (OC)
person is one suffering from Locomotor Disability or Cerebral Palsy. Locomotor Disability means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy. Cerebral Palsy means a group of non progressive conditions of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the prenatal, peri-natal, or infant period of development. Only such persons who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability (as certified by a Medical Board appointed by the Center/ State Govt) would be eligible for reservation in services/ posts
Pay Scale for Probationary Officer in IOB Indian Overseas Bank PO Recruitment 2012
Pay Scale – ` 14500 – 600 /7 – 18700 – 700/2 – 20100 – 800/7 – 25700 plus DA, HRA, CCA as per rules in force from time to time
The selected candidates will be on probation for a period of two years (24 months of active service) from the date of joining as per the rules of the Bank.
Selection Process for IOB Indian Overseas Bank PO Recruitment 2012
Mere eligibility/ pass in the Common Written Examination shall not vest any right in a candidate for being called for Interview. Depending upon the number of vacancies, only those candidates who rank sufficiently high in the order of merit in Common Written Examination (CWE) conducted by IBPS in Sept / Nov 2011, as per the cut-off marks decided by the Bank will be called for the Interview. The Interview will carry 50 Marks. Minimum qualifying marks in the Interview will be 22.50 marks for General Category and 20.00 marks for SC/ST/OBC/PC Candidates.
Final selection will be made on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the Common Written Examination (CWE) conducted by IBPS in Sept / Nov 2011 & Interview and will be strictly according to the merit ranking. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PC will be given relaxation in marks as per extant Government Guidelines. The Bank reserves the right to change the selection procedure, if necessary.
How to Apply for IOB Indian Overseas Bank PO Recruitment 2012
Eligible candidates are required to apply ‘ON-LINE’ only through our Bank’s website www.iob.in and no other means / mode of application will be acceptable. Candidates are advised to follow the following sequence of steps while applying on-line. Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID (as specified in the on-line application form while applying for Common Written Examination (CWE) for POs/MTs conducted in Sept / Nov 2011 by IBPS). It should be kept active for the duration of this recruitment process. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person.
- Candidates are required to Log on to our Bank’s website www.iob.in and click “Careers” column (available at the bottom of the Bank’s website), then the Careers page will open.
- Candidates are required to go through the detailed advertisement by clicking the Advertisement (English) or Advertisement (Hindi) available below Recruitment of 1500 Probationary Officers 2012 link in the Careers Page and ensure candidate’s eligibility before applying for the said post.
- Applicants are required to take a print out of blank Payment Receipt Challan available as an Annexure with this notification.
- Before applying on-line, the candidate has to remit the application fee/ postage charge as applicable to the candidate with the filled up Payment Receipt Challan in any of Indian Overseas Bank’s branches by means of cash only and collect candidate’s copy of Payment Receipt Challan for the application fee / postage charge paid. Please ensure that the following information has been correctly entered (1) Branch Name & Code Number (2) Transaction ID (3) Date of deposit and amount Applications once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and application fee /postage charge once paid shall not be refunded or shall not be held in reserve for any other examination.
- After remitting the application fees/ postage charge, the candidates are required to revisit our Bank’s website www.iob.in and open the Career Page and Click apply on-line link below the Recruitment of 1500 Probationary Officers 2012 link and should fill up the required details provided in the online application form. After filling up all the details candidates shall submit the application online. The candidates can then take a printout of the system generated on-line application form to be submitted at the time of the interview. The registration number and password generated should also be retained for future reference.
The name of the candidate or his/her father/husband etc should be spelt correctly in the on-line application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/ alteration found may disqualify the candidature. For the purpose of locating the Branch address for remitting fees, candidate may log on to our Bank’s website www.iob.in wherein provision is available for locating address of the Branches. Candidates should submit the candidate’s copy of Payment Receipt Challan along with the call letter and all other documents as advised in this notification at the time of Interview failing which the candidate will not be admitted for the Interview.
The payment of fees should be made between 30.03.2012 and 19.04.2012 (inclusive of both dates) and the last date for applying online is 19.04.2012. Application for online registration will be available in our Bank’s website between 30.03.2012 and 19.04.2012 only. Even if the date for online application is revised the date for payment of application fees/ postage charge will remain unchanged.
Application Fee for IOB Indian Overseas Bank PO Recruitment 2012
Interview Centers for IOB Indian Overseas Bank PO Recruitment 2012
The interview will be held at major centres across the country and address of the same will be advised in the interview call letters. The Interviews will be held at different centres on different dates as decided by the Bank and will be communicated to the candidates shortlisted for Interview.
a) Request for change of Interview centres and Interview dates shall NOT be entertained.
b) Bank reserves the right to change/add/cancel the date, time, centre, venue of the Interview and to call the candidates for the Interview at any other centre or hold supplementary selection process for particular date/time/centre/venue/set of candidates at its discretion, under any circumstances, if any. The change, if any, shall be intimated to the candidates well in advance.
Call Letters for IOB Indian Overseas Bank PO Recruitment 2012
Only those candidates who have met with all the eligibility criteria mentioned in this notification and who have cleared their Common Written Examination of IBPS and who are shortlisted for appearing in the Interview will be intimated by email at the address (as specified in the on-line application form while applying for Common Written Examination (CWE) for POs/MTs conducted in Sept / Nov 2011 by IBPS) (OR) may download the call letter from the Bank’s website. The names/registration number of the candidates who are finally short-listed for Interview will also be available on the Bank’s website www.iob.in. Bank will not take responsibility for non- receipt of intimation regarding call letter / any communication due to technical reasons or whatsoever to the candidates. Candidates are requested to keep track of their application status by visiting the Bank’s website from time to time.