How To Improve Verbal Skills ?
Today good verbal communication is required in almost every field of life, whether its for job or to other reasons. Well it not that difficult. The art of communication is too simple. If you get embarrassed by constantly blundering and getting corrected by others then perhaps you should learn to communicate verbally better. Let’s have a look at few points which should improve verbal skills are,
- Try to use correct from of verbs. In the verbal comprehension the verbs are more important.
- Do not attempt using long or fake words to describe something that you don’t know. This leads to some problems and misimpression on the candidate.
- Never pretend to know about something that you don’t know about. In the end you will state something false and be caught for it.
- Be sure of yourself. You should be confident before you starts talking.
- Be concise and clear. Do not add relevant stuff in your speech
- Too many words will bore your listener, take up too much time and result in losing credibility.
- Promising something that is not possible will break down any trust that you have developed. Telling someone that you “don’t know- but can find out” is more positive than trying to give an answer you hope is effective.
- Your body language should be relaxed. You should not stiffen up. Do not speak in hurry, as it will make the listener think they you are confused.
- Avoid text talk. It might seem normal but to an adult ar intelligent person you are speaking absolute gibberish
- Think about perspectives think about what you are saying from the other person’s perspectives.