RECRUITMENT OF NON-ACADEMIC POSTS RESERVED FOR SC/ST/OBC (NON-CREAMY LAYER) & PWD CANDIDATES
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has released a notification in advertisement for non-academic vacancies exclusively for categories like SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer) and PWD candidates. There are about 214 vacancies in total for different categories. The university is inviting candidates from applications from the Indian Citizens for the following posts exclusively reserved for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) & PWD candidates for its Headquarters and Regional Centres located across the country. You can Find out the information of Eligibility, vacancies, qualification , important dates application fee and how to apply from here.
The posts which are included in the recruitment of 214 vacancies are
- Assistant Registrar
- Camera Person
- Assistant Executive (Data Processing)
- Production Assistant (EMPC)
- Technician (EMPC)
- Semi Professional Assistant (Library)
- Proof Reader
- Junior Assistant-cum-Typist
- Lab Attendant
IGNOU will hold a written examination for the above mentioned posts shown from Sl. No.1 – 11, except the posts mentioned at Sl. No.2 & 11 i.e. Camera Person and Lab Attendant for which separate guidelines will be issued in due course. Short listed candidates on the basis of written examination will be called for skill test/interview, as applicable.
Scheme of Examination and Syllabus
The syllabus for Written Examination shall be supplied along with the Call Letter to the eligible candidates.
Important Dates to Remember
Start date of online Registration 02-04-2012
Last date of online Registration 20-04-2012
Last date of receipt of application form along with enclosures 30-04-2012
Application Processing Fee for IGNOU Recruitment 2012
An Application Processing Fee of ` 200/- (Rupees two hundred only) for OBC category and ` 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) for SC/ST category is payable in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi. However, applicants belonging to PWD category with minimum of 40% of disability & Women candidates are exempted from payment of the application processing fee. The application processing fee shall not be accepted in any other form. Fees once paid shall NOT be refunded under any circumstances nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection. On the back side of Demand Draft, the candidates are advised to write their name, date of birth and post applied for in capital letters.
How to apply
Candidates have option to submit their application either online or download the application format from IGNOU‟s website www.ignou.ac.in .
The instructions in this regard are given below:
- Candidate must ensure that he/she is eligible for the post(s) applying for
- The candidates except women and PWD candidates, should get ready the Demand Draft drawn in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi towards the Application Processing Fee, as per details given at para no.2, above.
- Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID and be kept active during the course of recruitment process.
OPTION – I : (Through online application)
- The candidates are required to go to the IGNOU‟s website www.ignou.ac.in and click on the link Special Recruitment Drive. Candidates can apply now through on-line. All the fields in the online application format should be filled up carefully. After submission of the application, no modification will be permitted.
- Once you submit your application, the system will generate a Unique Control number showing on the Application form.
- Candidates now should take print out of the Application form and paste his/her recent passport size colored photographs at appropriate place.
- Correction/Changes, if any on the printed application is not permitted and summarily will be rejected.
- Put his/her signature at the allocated place and also put his/her left thumb impression on the relevant place allocated in the Application form. The thumb impression must be clear and complete
- Candidate must retain a photocopy of the complete application form along with the copy of Demand Draft (if applicable) for future reference.
- Following documents to be sent along with Application Form by ordinary post to the Assistant Registrar (Recruitment), Block-7, Room No.13, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 on or before 30th April, 2012.
- Demand Draft (as applicable)
- Self-attested testimonials in respect of qualification, experience, age, caste, medical certificate in respect of PWD candidates etc.
OPTION – II : (Download the application format from IGNOU‟s website www.ignou.ac.in )
- The candidates who have already applied through on-line need not to download the application form to avoid any repetition.
- The candidates who wish to apply off-line are required to download the Application Format and fill all the necessary details.
- The complete Application Form along with the required documents as mentioned in para 3 (vii) above should be sent at the address given above