1.Successive discounts of 10%, 20% and 20% are equal to a single discount of __
a. 57.6% b. 42.4% c. 50% d. none
2. A person allows discount of 20% on the already discounted MP. What is the initial discount given if he totally gains 20% and MP is double the CP?
a. 25% b. 20% c. Data inadequate d. none
3. If a group of 24 men working 8 hrs a day can complete building a wall in 12 days then in how many days 16 men working 6 hrs a day can complete 3 such walls?
a. 24 b. 48 c. 72 d. none
4. 2, 9, 28, 65, 126, ____
a. 217 b. 212 c. 144 d. none
(5-8)Read the following information and answer the questions given below it :
(i) ‘A + B’ means ‘A is the father of B’
(ii) ‘A – B’ means ‘A is the wife of B’
(iii) ‘A ´ B’ means ‘ A is the brother of B’
(iv) ‘A ¸ B’ means ‘A is the daughter of B’
5.If P ¸ R + S + Q, which of the following is true?
a.P is the daughter of Q b. P is the mother of Q
c. P is the aunt of Q d. Q is the ant of P
6. If P – R + Q, which of the following statement is true?
a.P is the mother of Q b. P is the sister of Q
c. Q is the daughter of P d. P is the aunt of Q
7. If ‘P ´ R ¸Q’, which of the following is true?
a. P is the uncle of Q b. P is the father of Q
c. P is the son of Q d. P is the brother of Q
8.If ‘P ´ R – Q’, which of the following is true?
a. P is the brother-in-law of Q b. P is the father of Q
c. P is the brother of Q d. P is the uncle of Q
9. The average of 13 papers is 40. The average of the first 7 papers is 42 and of the last seven papers is 35. Find the marks obtained in the 7th paper?
a. 23 b. 38 c.19 d. None of these
10. In a mixture of 40 liters, the ratio of milk and water is 4:1. How much water much be
added to this mixture so that the ratio of milk and water becomes 2:3
a. 20 liters b. 32 liters c. 40 liters d. 30 liters
11. A shop owner sells two puppies at the same price making a profit of 20% on one and a loss of 20% on the other. Find his loss or gain percent on the whole transaction.
a. Gain of 4% b. No profit no loss c. Loss of 10% d. Loss of 4%
12. N, at a speed of 20 km/h reaches his office 10 min late. Next time he increases his speed by 5 km/h, but is still late by 4 min. What is the distance of office from his house?
a.20 km b. 6 km c. 12 km d.None of these
13. 4 men and 3 women finish a job in6 days, and 5 men and 7 women can do the same job in 4 days. How long will 1 man and 1 woman take to do the work?
a. 22(2/7) days b. 19(1/2) days c. 5(1/7) days d. 12(7/22) days
14. If the code for BLUE is 240, that for TEA is 18 then the code for MATCH is _____
a. 3100 b. 3120 c. 3210 d. none
15. Two equal sums were borrowed at 8% simple interest per annum for 2 years and 3 years respectively. The difference in the interest was Rs.56. the sum borrowed were
a. 690/- b. 700/- c. 740/- d. 780/-