1. In what ratio should wheat at Rs. 4.5 per kg be mixed with another variety at Rs. 5.25 per kg so that the mixture be worth of rs. 5 per kg?
a. 1:2 b. 2:1 c. 1:3 d. 3:1
2. The average minimum temperature for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday was 4 deg, that for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was 5.5 deg, If the temperature on Monday was 2.6 deg what was the temperature on Thursday?
a. 4.1 ° b. 12.1 ° c. 7.1 ° d. 11.1 °
3. A bag contains 5ps coins, 10ps coins and 20ps coins in the ratio of 3:2:1. if their total value is Rs. 11 what is the number of 5ps coins?
a. 50 b. 60 c. 120 d. 200
4. A rectangular tank is 4m long, 3m wide and 1.5 m high and is filled with water upto 0.6m. How many stones of 15cmx10cmx8cm are to be dropped to take the water to the top of the tank?
a. 9000 b. 1000 c. 10000 d. 900
5. A bag contains 8 red, 7 green and 5 blue balls. What is the maximum number of balls to be drawn to ensure that atleast one ball of each colour is drawn?
a. 9 b. 11 c. 16 d. 14
6. In an exam, 5% applicants were ineligible and 85% of eligible belonged to A category. If 4275 eligible belong to other categories, how many applied?
a. 30000 b. 35000 c. 20000 d. 40000
7. Due to a 30% fall in price sales in a shop rise by 20%. What is the effect on income?
a. +16% b. –16% c. –15% d. +20%
8. The population of town was 24000. If males increase by 6% and females by 9%, it becomes 25620. Number of males and females are
a. 18000,6000 b.19000,5000 c.16000,8000 d.20000,4000
9. A thief steals a car at 2 am and drives it at 60 kmph. The theft is discovered at 2.30 am and the police chases him at 70 kmph. When the thief will be caught?
a. 6.30 b. 5.30 c. 7.30 d. 8.30
10.The expense of carpeting a room thrice as long as it is broad is Rs. 1102.5 at Rs.7.5 per sq. m. Find the length of the room
a. 7m b. 14m c. 28m d. 21m
11. A man walks 30m towards South, turns right walks 30m and walks 20m to left. Again he turns left and goes 30m. How far is he from his starting point?
a. 20m b. 50m c. 30m d. 80m
12. 49, 121, 225, 361, ___
a. 400 b. 441 c. 481 d. 529
The letters A, B, C, D, E, F and G not in order stand for seven consecutive integers from 1 to 10. D is 3 less than A. B is the middle term. F is as much less than B as C is greater than D. G is greater than F.
13.The fifth integer is
a. A b. C c. D d. E
14. A is as much greater than F as which integer is less than G?
a. B b. C c. D d. E
15. If A=7 the sum of E and G is
a. 8 b. 10 c. 12 d. 14
16. A-F =
a. 1 b. 2 c. 3 d. 4
17. If T is as much greater than C as C is greater than E and T=A+E. Then D=
a. 5 b. 4 c. 3 d. 2
18. The greatest possible C is how much greater than the lowest possible D?
a. 3 b. 4 c. 5 d. 6
19. No boy is a toy. Some toys are not joys.
a. All boys are joys b. Some boys are joys
c. No joy is a boy d. None
20. If P is to the South of Q, R is to the east of Q then what direction is P with respect to R?
a. NE b. NW c. SE d. SW
21. If @ means triple of, # means double of and ^ means half of then value of @#^@^5 + @#@^2 is
a. 39.5 b. 40.5 c. 39.74 d. none