Gujarat High Court Civil Judge Recruitment 2012
The High Court of Gujarat, in view of the guidelines of the Honorable Supreme Court in the case of Malik Mazhar Sultan & Anr. V/s. U.P. Public Service Commission & Ors. and the Gujarat State Judicial Service Rules, 2005, invites Online applications from the eligible candidates, for filling up, by Competitive Examination, approximately 320 vacancies (33 Regular + 287 Ad-hoc), existing & future, in the cadre of Civil Judges, in the Pay-Scale of Rs.27,700-770- 33,090-930- 40,530- 1080- 44,850 + allowances as admissible under the Rules. The number of posts reserved for each caste/category are as under :
However, if suitable candidates of any Reserved Category will not be available then, the posts will be filled up by other suitable candidates according to the merits. ) The High Court reserves its right to alter the number of posts than notified.
- Online Application can be made from 1.00 p.m. on 01/05/2012. Last date for submission of Online Application is 15/05/2012 till 23:59 hours.
- Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test), is tentatively scheduled to be conducted in the month of June / July-2012
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Law from a University recognized by law in India and must be practising as an Advocate in Courts of Civil and / or Criminal Jurisdiction on the last date fixed for submission of on-line application. Candidates who have passed the Degree in Law from the academic year 2009-2010 and onwards must have passed the ‘All India Bar Examination’, for being considered eligible as a Practising Advocate. OR
- Must have worked in Courts or other allied departments for at least five years and must possess Degree in Law (Special) from a University recognized by law in India.
- Must possess Certificates possessing basic knowledge of Computer Application/operation issued by Government or private Institute as set out by Government in General Administrative Department Resolution Nos. PRCH-102005-1532-C dtd. 30/09/2006 and CRR-10-2007-120320-G.5 dtd.13/08/2008.
A candidate must not have crossed the age of 35 years and must not have completed as on the last date fixed for submission of Online application 38 years of age, in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes or Socially & Educationally Backward Classes, declared as such by the Government of Gujarat, as well as Orthopedically Disabled Persons & Ex-Servicemen.
However, relaxation of 5 years i.e. up to 40 years in upper age limit shall be granted to the eligible employees working in the Courts or other allied Departments. No further relaxation in upper age limit, shall be granted to them under any circumstances
Fees and Mode of Payment
- The candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Socially & Educationally Backward Classes or orthopedically Disabled Persons are required to pay fees of Rs. 250/- plus Bank Charges and all other candidates are required to pay fees of Rs. 500/- plus Bank Charges. The candidates making payment of fees shall remit the same in Current Bank Account No. 30725811785 with the State Bank of India, High Court Complex Branch, Ahmedabad, held in the name of Registrar General, High Court of Gujarat, Sola, Ahmedabad, through any of the Core Banking Service branches of the State Bank of India using the Cash Voucher in the special format appended to this Advertisement, from 30/04/2012 to 15/05/2012 during bank working days and hours.
- Fees once paid shall not be refunded in any circumstances.