GMCH Staff Nurse Recruitment Notification 2012
GMCH has announced an advertisement notification for recruitment of 600 staff nurses for the year 2012. Candidates who are interested to apply for the post has to apply for the post after checking the complete details like eligibility criteria, selection process, Written Examination details and marks, Professional Qualification, age limit, syllabus, model questions paper, Online Application Form and Application fee (Bank challan form)
Government Medical College and Hospital Chandigarh, GMCH provides opportunity of a career in medicine to many promising students who were denied of this opportunity because of ‘domicile’ restrictions imposed by the states in which these colleges are located. Admissions to this Medical College have strictly been on merit on the basis of Combined Entrance Test conducted by the Panjab University. The faculty is highly qualified and selected directly or through the PGI, Chandigarh, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, Directorate General of Health Services, New Delhi and the states of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and J&K.
Online applications are invited for filling up the posts of Staff Nurses as under:
How to Apply Online
- (i) The candidate should apply only Online for the above said posts till 16.07.2012 upto 1.00 P.M.
- (ii) The application is to be filled up Online on website www.gmch.gov.in by clicking on ‘Jobs and Training’.
- (iii) Before filling up On-line application, the candidate must have his/her photograph scanned in the jpg format, which should not exceed 15 KB in size and it has to be uploaded at the time of filling up of Online Application Form.
- (iv) On successful submission of form on the website www.gmch.gov.in, candidates are advised to retain one copy of the print-out of the Form, which will have Registration Number/Application ID printed on it, for further enquiry.
Age Limit as on 01.01.2012:
- a) 18-25 years
- b) Age relaxation (upper limit) will be given to following categories:
i) SC – Maximum five (05) years
ii) OBC – Maximum Three (03) years
iii) Any other category – As per Chandigarh Administration Rules
Application Fee and Fee Payment
- i. The candidates should fill his/her Application Form available on the GMCH website. He/she should fill all the fields in the form. No field should be left blank. After filling up application form, the candidate should take out a print of challan form (triplicate) and deposit the application fee on next working day in any Branch of State Bank of India as detailed in the under mentioned column
- ii. Those candidates who have S.B.I. account can also pay their fee through i-collect service under the website onlinesbi.com. In that case, the INB reference No. will be generated and will have to be mentioned instead of Challan No. Candidates can go to any Branch of State Bank of India with the fee Payment Challan duly filled in and pay the prescribed Application Fee in the “Power Jyoti” account of GMCH. The candidates after having deposited the application fee in the bank must ensure that they have Triplicate Fee Payment Challan with Journal No./Challan No. given by the bank on it. They should mention this Journal/Challan number on the website and keep this Challan form with them for future use.
The amount of fee to be paid is as under:-
- SC candidates for SC posts. Rs. 250/- + Bank Charges, if any.
- For all other categories Rs. 500/- + Bank Charges, if any.
Physically handicapped, Ex-Servicemen and the candidates, whose name is sponsored by the Regional Employment Exchange, are exempted from Application fee.
- iii. Candidates should ensure that the details to be filled in by the State Bank of India officials are filled in complete form in all three (03) copies of the Challan along with the seal, Challan no. and signature of the Bank Official of the Branch.
- iv. Candidates must note that no other form of payment of application fees like Demand Draft, Banker Cheque, Money Order, etc. will be accepted under any circumstances. The GMCH will not be responsible for any remittance made in any form other than the method prescribed above and such applications without requisite application fee submitted through any other mode except prescribed in column ii above are likely to be rejected.
- v. The candidates should ensure that they submit the Online application immediately after payment of fees, since the same is non- refundable. No representation/request/demand for refund of application fees will be entertained, if the candidate fails to apply on-line within the stipulated time after payment of application fee.
- vi. After registration of online application form, candidate should deposit their application fee on next working day in any branch of State Bank of India. Those, who will fill online forms on 16.07.2012 upto 1.00 p.m. i.e. last date of receiving of online application forms, they can also deposit their application fee on next working day till 2.00 p.m. on 17.07.2012.
Recruitment Criteria / Selection Process
- (i) Written Examination : 70 Marks
- (ii) Professional Qualification : 20 Marks
Emphasis is laid also to evaluate the performance in the Diploma/Degree curriculum in three (03) years and four (04) years respectively by calculating the percentage (%) of marks attained in the Professional Qualification by using a factor of 0.75 & 1 respectively e.g. a candidate has obtained 60% marks in Diploma/Degree, their marks in Professional Qualification out of 20 would be 09 and 12, respectively.
- (iii) Merit list will be made on the basis of sum of (i) & (ii) above and candidates will be called for the interview from this merit in the ratio of 1:3.
- (iv) Interview : 10 Marks
In case the candidate has postgraduate degree, M.Sc. Nursing degree, he/she will get appropriate weightage in interview by two (02) marks.