1. The purpose of which is to make credit of available to essential sectors of the economy according to national priorities?
A. Selective Credit Control (SCC)
B. Maintenance of cash reserve
C. Reserve fund
D. Comprehensive Credit Control
2. Corporate Bank files suit for recovery of its loan against the guarantor only and not the borrower. Guarantor pleads in the court that before filing suit against him, money should be recovered from the borrower. In such circumstances, the bank can seek recourse in the court against?
A. All the liable parties together only
B. Any one of them at a time
C. All separately
D. At its discretion it can proceed against any one
3. The system of note issue followed by the RBI is?
A. Proportional reserve system
B. Minimum reserve system
C. Minimum fiduciary system
D. Maximum fiduciary system
4. The rate at which the Reserve Bank of India lends to the commercial banks in very short term against the backing of the Government securities is known as?
A. BAnk rate
B. repo rate
C. reverse rate
D. discount rate
5. Scheduled banks are those?
A. Includued in the 2nd schedule of the Banking Regulation Act-1949
B. Includued in the 2nd schedule of the Companies Act-1956
C. Includued in the 2nd schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act -1934
D. Bank Nationalization Act -1969
6. The following is classified as a public sector bank?
7.The banker-customer relationship in credit card payment is?
C. Agent principal
8. State Bank of India’s new floating rate of deposit is directly linked to?
A. Inflation Rate
C. Base Rate
D. Bank Rate
9. Letter of negative lien obtained from borrower by a bank contains?
A. An undertaking that the property mortgaged to the bank is his own
B. A confirmation that the borrower had earlier deposited title deeds to create mortgage on the property.
C. An undertaking not to create any encumbrance/lien on the property which he owns but not yet mortgaged to the bank
D. A declaration that he is the joint owner of the property furnishing the details of his share and valuation thereof
10. Which of the following statement is CORRECT?
A. Consortium advances to be treated as NPA on the basis of recovery by individual banks
B. If one facility of a borrower is treated as NPA other facilities to him also to be treated as NPA even if there are no irregularities in that account.
C. Consortium must be formed if the total exposure of fund based limit exceeds Rs 100 crore.
D. A and B