GATE 2013 Online Application Form
The Notification of Gate Exam in the year 2013-2014 has been published by Indian Institute of Science, Bombay. For GATE 2013, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing the zonal GATE websites of IISc and seven IITs. The application process is complete only when a print out of the filled ONLINE application with the candidate’s signature and a good quality photo affixed in the appropriate place is received by the respective GATE office along with necessary documents, if any, on or before 8 October 2012. Please note that application forms are NOT available for sale anywhere.
GATE Online Applicant Interface (website) Opens on 1 September 2012 (00:00 Hrs) and the Last date for Submission of Online Application (website closure) is 30 September 2012 (23:00 Hrs). Last date for the receipt of printed version of ONLINE Application at the respective zonal GATE Office is 8 October 2012. GATE Syllabus 2013 should be checked.
Candidates who are interested should check the following things before starting the GATE 2013 application process
- Ensure you are eligible for GATE 2013
- Determine the GATE paper you wish to appear for (You can appear in only one paper for GATE 2013).
- Choose at least two cities from the table of Cities given this Brochure that are convenient for you to write the exam.
- The Application for appearing in GATE 2013 must be made online only.
- Your choice of exam paper will determine the examination type (online/offline), date, and choice of available cities.
An online interface is provided for most of your interaction with the GATE office. This interface can be accessed using url: http://gateapp.iitb.ac.in With this interface you can
- Apply for the examination online
- Upload photograph, signature, and supporting documents.
- Make application fee payment through net banking.
- Check the status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Rejected after Scrutiny failed, Accepted after Successful Scrutiny, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
- Contact the GATE office in case of any queries/problems (Grievance Redressal).
- Download Admit Card.
- View your answers, marks and GATE score.
The login to this interface is through your chosen email address and a password. Keep this information safe and do not disclose the email id and password to anyone.
Filling in Application Online
- GATE Online Application Interface (website) can be accessed from the GATE website.
- You must first register yourself, by providing a valid email address. Choose this carefully to be the one you check frequently, as all communications to you from the GATE offices will be sent to this address (DO NOT USE ANYBODY ELSE’S EMAIL ADDRESS. ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE EMAIL ADDRESS).
- Upon registration, an email will be sent with a link and an one time password (OTP). You must click on the link and enter the password. You will be required to change the password after the first login. Choose a password that is not easily guessable (should not be like: your name, DOB, 12345, asdf, etc.), so as to ensure that the data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself.
- Next you will see an application form to be filled in. Keep the following information ready:
- 1. Personal information
- 2. Communication Address (Important: PIN Code)
- 3. Eligibility Degree Details (College address, PIN Code of College)
- 4. GATE paper, Choice of GATE examination cities (See Section 3.2 and 3.4)
- 5. High quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements (see Section 3.5.5 for details on the quality of the photograph and signature)
- 6. Good quality image of your signature (in .jpeg format) conforming to requirements similar to photograph
- 7. Optional: PDF files of supporting documents (Eligibility & Category Certificates) (max file size: per file 0.5 MB See section 18.104.22.168). Please see Section 3.1 for the Eligibility Criteria and documents).
- 8. Optional: Your Netbanking details to make the application fee payment (only for Malecandidates).
- Fill in the necessary data in the online application form following instructions given there. Upload the soft copies of photo and signature (mandatory).
- Optional: You may upload pdf files of supporting documents conforming to the eligibility (except principal’s certificate) and category requirements given below in section Supporting Documents
- You will have to select one of the payment options (details given in Section 3.5.3) while filling the online form.
- The GATE Online Applicant Interface allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again.
- Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
- Once you submit the application with payment, no further changes to the application can be made by the candidate.
- Candidates who have selected online payment option will follow the instructions given below for online net banking in payment section and complete payment process. Those who have selected challan payment option will directly proceed to the next step.
- You will then see a link to “Print Application Form”. You have to download a PDF file from this link and print it. It will contain four pages as mentioned below
- 1. Page 1: Instructions and Address slip where you need to send hard copy
- 2. Page 2-3: Two copies of application form with bottom part showing certificate to be signed by principal (if need be)
- 3. Page 4: Optional page for candidates who select “bank challan” mode of payment. This page will contain 3 copies of challan to be processed with bank