Entrance Exam for Hotel Management
A hotel manager or hotelier is a person who holds a management position within a hotel establishment. Management titles and duties vary by company. In some hotels the title hotel manager or hotelier may solely be referred to the general manager of the hotel. The size and magnitude of a hotel management structure varies significantly depending on the size and function of the hotel. Each department normally consists of subordinate line-level managers and supervisors who handle day to day operations
The hospitality industry is one of the fast growing areas in the country. With so many institutions offering courses in hotel management, the need for the best professional is on the increase. There are entrance exams conducted for admission to the best institutions. Some of them accept scores of a common test whereas there are others that conduct their own test. The exam format for all these exams is pretty much the same. This is a 3hour exam. It tests the candidate on numerical ability and scientific aptitude, reasoning, general knowledge, aptitude for service and English.
Some of the entrance exams for Hotel Management are:
- The National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology conducts the all India joint entrance exam for admission to the three year degree course at institute of hotel management.
- The Directorate of Technical Education Maharashtra conducts the exam for admission to the four year degree course in hotel management
- The Indian Institute of Hotel Management conducts an entrance exam for admission to its diploma and degree courses.
- HIHT- Heritage Institute of Hotel and Tourism
- ITDC- India Tourism Development Corporation
- FHRAI- Federations of Hotels and Restaurants Association of India
The qualifications to attend for all the above entrance exams are to be passed in 12th standard and age limit of at least 17 years.