Entrance Exam For Banks
Some banks commonly conducted a test which is called IBPS.IBPS stands for institute of banking and personal selection.This is a entrance exam for some public sector banks,which is conducted every year for the posts of probationary officer(PO) and clerical post(clerk).This exam is also conducted for the posts of specialist officer every year.But state bank of india do not participate in this.
Generally the Bank recruitment process is divided into two categories of
- The Written Exam
- Group Discussion or Personal Interview
Generally the written test consists of the following subjects.
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude(For PO)/Numerical Ability(For Clerks)
- Computer/ Marketing Aptitude
- English Comprehension
In probationary Officers recruitment,the written test consists of one more paper i.e the Descriptive paper.It consists Essay, Précis, Letter Writing etc on english composition of 25 marks and 60 minutes of duration. Those Candidates who qualify in Written Test will be called for Personal Interview depending up on number of vacancies.Group discussion or interviews will be the deciding factor to candidates for appointment.Most questions from banking,economy and policy related,knowledge about latest news is required.For this,candidates must watch business news channels,and should read news papers,then they will get much information on various topics.If a candidate selects for IBPS then he will called for Group discussion or personal interview depending on various banks.IBPS has the Written Examination subjects of following.
- Reasoning(50 Questions) – 50 Marks
- English Language(50 Questions) – 25 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude(50 Questions) – 50 Marks
- General Awareness(50 Questions) – 50 Marks
- Computer Knowledge(50 Questions) – 50 Marks
- Descriptive Paper -25 Marks – 60 Minutes