Railway Recruitment cell – East Coast Railway Recruitment 2012
Applications are invited from the Citizens of India and from such other persons declared eligible by Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India for filling up posts in Pay Band-1 of Rs.5200-20200 having Grade Pay of Rs.1800/- in the Divisions and Workshop of East Coast Railway. Application in prescribed format in A-4 size may be sent by ordinary post addressed to the “Assistant Personnel Officer(Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, East Coast Railway Headquarters, Office of the Chief Personnel Officer, 2nd Floor, South Block, Rail Sadan, PO-Mancheswar, Bhubaneswar, Orissa – 751017” upto 17.00 hrs. on the closing date 24.09.2012. Alternatively, application can also be dropped into the Application Drop Box available at the Railway Recruitment Cell, East Coast Railway Headquarters, 2nd Floor, Rail Sadan, PO-Mancheswar, Bhubaneswar, Orissa – 751017 upto 17.00 hrs. on the closing date. The envelopes containing the application should be clearly superscribed “Application for recruitment against E. N. No.ECoR/RRC/D/2012”. Applications received after closing date and time will not be entertained.
For candidates belonging to Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep, the last date for receiving application by post will be 24.09.2012. They should also mention on the bottom-left portion of the envelope their complete ‘from-address’ so that it is possible to receive their applications by ordinary post.
Candidates to note that all the zonal railways are likely to issue separate notifications for recruitment to the posts. The Written Test will be conducted by all the railways in the same period simultaneously. Candidates should keep this in mind before applying in response to any particular notification.
Pay Scale :
Employment Notice for recruitment of staff in Pay Band-1 of Rs.5200-20200 having Grade Pay of Rs.1800/- in East Coast Railway
1. Number and category of posts for which recruitment is to be conducted are indicated below:
Category of post Medical Standard UR SC ST OBC Total OH VH HH Suitability of PWD candidates
Helper-II Bee One 202 60 30 108 400 5 5 5 As per Note(i) below.
Total 202 60 30 108 400 5 5 5
Note: (i) Out of the total – 400 Helper-II vacancies, 15 vacancies are earmarked for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) with the break-up of (a) OH=5 (3 for OL and 2 for OL or BL); (b) VH=5 (for LV); (c) HH=5.
(ii) The vacancies notified will be subject to revision. No consequential damage/loss or refund of fee will be made to the applicant on this account.
(iii) There is no quota for ex-servicemen in the above vacancies.
(iv) Details of abbreviations used in this notification: RRC – Railway Recruitment Cell; SRE – Serving Railway Employees; ECoR – East Coast Railway; PET – Physical Efficiency Test; UR – Unreserved; SC – Scheduled Caste; ST – Scheduled Tribe; OBC – Other Backward Classes; PWD-Persons with Disabilities; OH – Orthopaedically Handicapped; VH – Visually Handicapped; HH – Hearing Handicapped; LV – Low Vision; OA – One Arm; OL – One Leg; BL – Both Legs
2. MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: Candidates must have passed 10th standard or ITI or equivalent from a recognized educational institution or Board. Candidate should possess requisite academic qualification on the date of submission of application. Those who are appearing at and/or awaiting results of final examination are not eligible.
3. AGE LIMITS, including RELAXATION PROVISIONS:
(i) The age limit will be minimum 18 years and maximum 33 years, and will be reckoned as on 01.01.2013.
(ii) The upper age limit will be relaxed as under subject to the production of requisite certificates in the formats given in Annexures-I & II required for respective relaxations: [a] by FIVE Years for SC/ST and by THREE years for OBC candidates. [b] ‘Serving’ railway staff/casual labourers or substitutes with a minimum of 3 years of such service will be given age relaxation to the extent of length of service rendered by them, subject to the upper age limit not exceeding 40, 43, 45 years in case of General, OBC, SC/ST candidates respectively. [c] In case of staff of Quasi Administrative Offices of Railway Organization such as Railway Canteens, Railway Institutes and Railway Cooperative societies who have put in 3 years service, relaxation of upper age will be given to the extent of service rendered by them subject to a maximum of 5 years subject to the upper age limit not exceeding 35 years. [d] For widows and divorced Women who are ‘judicially separated’ from their husband and not remarried, will be given relaxation in upper age limit up to 35, 38 and 40 in case of General, OBC and SC/ST candidates respectively. [e] For candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st day of Jan. 1980 to the 31st day of Dec. 1989, will be given relaxation in upper age limit by 5 years, subject to production of a residential certificate from the competent authority of the state of Jammu and Kashmir. (f) The upper age will be relaxed for Persons with Disabilities by 10 years subject to production of Disability certificate as explained under Para-11(viii) of the notification
4. LIST OF AUTHORITIES EMPOWERED TO ISSUE CERTIFICATES OF VERIFICATION FOR SC/ST/OBC STATUS:
(i) District magistrate / Additional district magistrate / District collector / Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / First Class Stipendary Magistrate / City Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner (not below the rank of First Class Stipendary Magistrate).
(ii) Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
(iii) Revenue Officers not below the rank of Tehsildar.
(iv) Sub Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family originally resides.
(v) Administrator / Secretary to Administrator / Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands)
5. PROOF OF AGE: The 10th standard or ITI or equivalent board certificate issued by a recognized Board / institution where the date of birth is mentioned.
6. SERVING EMPLOYEES: A candidate serving under the government or Public Sector Enterprise/Undertaking, including Railways, may apply directly to RRC/ECoR with a “No Objection Certificate” and a ‘Certificate of Service Details’ from the employer concerned.
7. EXAMINATION FEE:
(i) UR and OBC candidates should submit application fee for an amount of Rs.40/- in the form of Demand Draft / Pay Order from any Nationalized Bank, or crossed Indian Postal Order from any Post Office (issued on or after the date of this notification) drawn in favour of “Assistant Personnel Officer(Recruitment), East Coast Railway, Bhubaneswar” payable at Bhubaneswar. Validity of Bank Draft / Pay Order / IPO should be for a minimum of six months.
(ii) Applications received with cash /cheque / Central Recruitment Fee Stamps and Money Orders will not be accepted and liable to be rejected and amount forfeited.
(iii) Pay Orders/Bank Drafts/IPOs issued before the date of issue of this Employment Notice and after closing date will not be accepted and the applications are liable to be rejected and amount forfeited.
(iv) The candidates are advised to write their name and postal address on the backside of the original Bank Draft / Pay Order / IPO and enclose it on the top of the application form.
(v) The details of Pay Orders/Bank Drafts/IPO for the examination fee should be written in the application form. Examination fee is not refundable under any circumstances including applications rejected.
(vi) SC/ST, ex-servicemen, physically challenged, women, minority candidates (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & Zorastrians [Parsis]) and candidates belonging to economically backward classes (whose family income is less than Rs.50,000/- per annum) need not pay this fee.
The following authorities are authorized to issue income certificate (in the office / letterhead) for the purpose of identifying economically backward classes:-
(a) District Magistrate or any other Revenue Officer upto the level of Tehsildar;
(b) Sitting Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha for persons of their own constituency;
(c) BPL Card or any other certificate issued by Central Government under a recognized poverty alleviation programme or Izzat MST issued by Railways;
(d) Union Minister may also recommend to any persons from anywhere in the country; (e) Sitting Member of Parliament of Rajya Sabha for persons of the district in which these MPs normally reside.
(vii) Minority candidates (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & Zorastrians [Parsis]), who claim waiver of examination fee, should furnish “self declaration” in the format given at Annexure-III along with the application. At the time of document verification, such candidates will be required to furnish “minority community declaration” affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that he/she belongs to any of the above minority community. If the affidavit is not produced during document verification, the candidature will be rejected.
8. SELECTION PROCEDURE:
(i) Selection will consist of Written Examination and Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Only those who qualify in the Written Test will have to appear for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET). The Written examination can be attempted in languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu and Oriya. There will be no interview. Final empanelment of the candidates for the required number of vacancies will be strictly on merit position obtained in the written examination duly following the community reservation rules for earmarked quotas specified in this notification and their passing the Medical Examination of the prescribed standard and document / certificate verification.
(ii) For PWD candidates, there is no Physical Efficiency Test but they have to appear in Written Test along with other candidates. Only those who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability will be considered as PWD candidate. They have to submit PWD certificate issued by a competent authority i.e. a medical Board duly constituted by Central or State Government consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a specialist in the particular field for assessing Locomotor / Cerebral/Visual/Hearing disability as the case may be.
(iii) RRC/ECoR reserves the right to conduct second stage written examination if required.
(iv) The marks obtained in the Written Exam will determine the ‘merit order’ of the candidates, whereas PET is of ‘qualifying’ in nature.
(v) Date, time and place of Written Examination and PET will be fixed based on administrative feasibility. No request for any change in time, date and centre of examination will be entertained on any account.
(vi) Physical Efficiency Test Standards: The candidate should be able to perform following physical tasks: [a] for Male Candidates: Should be able to run for a distance of 1500 meters in 6 minutes in one chance. [b] for Female Candidates: Should be able to run for a distance of 400 meters in 3 minutes in one chance.
(vii) Written Exam Syllabus: Question paper for the written test shall be generally in conformity with the educational standard of 10th Class, consisting of multiple choice objective type questions, mainly aimed to assess general knowledge / general awareness / mathematics / general science / reasoning etc. Question paper shall be printed in five languages: Hindi, English, Urdu, Oriya and Telugu only.
Note: RRC/ECoR and Railway administration will not be liable / responsible for any loss / injury / damage, whether direct or consequential, suffered / incurred by any candidate during the selection, including PET. Candidates are advised to appear in PET in their own interest, therefore, to ensure that they are physically and otherwise fit to undertake the selection and observe due care to avoid injury / damage / loss to either themselves or others during the process of selection.
(viii) Medical Examination: The candidates in the zone of consideration after Written Examination will be subjected to Document Verification and Medical Examination of prescribed medical standard, and only those who qualify in the medical examination will be considered for empanelment subject to fulfillment of other conditions.
(ix) Date and venue of Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test, Document Verification and Medical Examination will be intimated by RRC/ECoR to eligible candidates by post. The RRC/ECoR at its discretion may hold additional written examination and/or Physical Efficiency Test or re-examination or cancel part or whole of the written examination and/or Physical Efficiency Test as the situation may warrant. Request for postponement of the Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test, Document Verification, Medical Examination and change of center/venue will not be entertained under any circumstances.
(x) The inclusion of a candidate in the select panel published by RRC/ECoR does not confer any right to the candidate for actual appointment by the concerned appointing authority. Final appointment will be subject to such selected candidate being found suitable after antecedent verification etc. by the appointing authority as per rules.
(xi) RRC/ECoR shall not be held responsible for any situation arising in case of any certificate / declaration submitted by the candidate being found false after verification at the time of actual appointment or later by the concerned authority.
9. FREE JOURNEY RAILWAY PASS:
A free Second Class Railway Pass from nearest railway station (as indicated by the candidate in the application) to the place of examination and back will be issued to candidates belonging to SC/ST communities for appearing in the Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Examination.
10. GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS / PROCEDURE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS:
(i) Candidates should carefully read the instructions in this Employment Notice before filling up application form. Application Form should be made on a good quality white A-4 (210×297 mm) size paper using ONE SIDE ONLY. The candidate should use the same format published in the Employment Notice.
(ii) The candidates have to fill up required information in his/her own handwriting using blue / black ball point pen. The application should be filled either in English or Hindi but not in any other language. Application filled in any language other than Hindi/English and by any person other than the applicant and having any change in the format of application will lead to rejection of application summarily. However, in case of VH candidates and those PWD candidates who are unable to fill up their own application form, can take necessary assistance and get their forms filled up with the help of others.
(iii) One recent passport size photograph (4cm x 5cm) should be affixed on the application form without fail. The Photo may preferably be not older than 1 month as on date of applying. The photo should clearly reveal the full face and should be taken without wearing cap and goggles/coloured glasses. Photo should be new, sharp and clear, with light background, suitable for scanning and printing. Do not put any mark or signature on the front side of the affixed photograph. The photograph should be neatly and firmly pasted in the prescribed space, and not stapled or pinned. This affixed Photograph should not be attested.
(iv) One loose extra photograph with name, date of birth, and signature of the candidate written on the backside should be clipped with the application form.
(v) Sample declaration statement given in Column-18 of the application should be reproduced by candidate in his/her own running handwriting in the space given below the declaration.
(vi) Signature of the applicant must be full and in running hand.
(vii) While filling up of the application, candidates have to ensure that two specimen signatures and two marks of physical identification are clearly given without fail. Candidates to also give two left thumb impressions in the application form. If the LTIs are not clear and are smudged, the application will be liable to be rejected.
(viii) Candidates should mention “Application for recruitment against E.N.No.ECoR /RRC/D/2012”on top of the envelope containing the application. A candidate can submit one application only. Each envelope should contain application of one candidate only.
(ix) The candidates should send application duly filled in along with required documents by ORDINARY POST, so as to reach RRC/ECoR office within the closing date and time positively. Alternatively, application can also be dropped into the Application Drop Box available at the Railway Recruitment Cell, East Coast Railway Headquarters, 2nd Floor, South Block, Rail Sadan, PO-Mancheswar, Bhubaneswar, Orissa – 751017 upto 17.00 hrs. on the closing date. Application received after due closing date/time, for any reason whatsoever, will not be considered. Speed post/Courier/Registered AD will not be acknowledged since there will be no arrangement for receiving applications personally at the office of the RRC/ECoR. However, there is no objection if the courier agency drops the application in the Application Box at the office of the RRC/ECoR before closing date/time.
(x) Those candidates who are debarred from appearing in any of the RRB/RRC exams need not apply unless their debarration period expires by the closing date of this Employment Notification. Their application shall not be entertained.
(xi) Candidate’s photograph, Signature & address etc. in the application form are to be scanned by a machine. Put your address and signature in blue / black ink only.
(xii) One language/medium in which written exam question paper is required may be specified in the appropriate column in the Application form.
(xiii) Candidate should write his/her name, father’s name / husband’s name in capital letters as given in educational Certificate. Each letter should be filled in one box as shown below. One box should be left blank between each part of the name:
V I J A Y K U M A R
(xiv) Candidates should indicate Religion, Sex(Male/Female), Marital Status, Community(UR/SC/ST/OBC), Serving Employee, Serving railway Casual labour/substitutes, judicially separated woman / widow etc. in the relevant column of the application form.
(xv) Candidates should send the application so that it reaches RRC/ECoR office sufficiently in advance and not later than the closing date and time to the RRC/ECoR. RRC/ECoR will not be responsible for any postal delay/wrong delivery whatsoever at any stage of the selection process.
(xvi) Female candidates are also eligible. They may however, note that the nature of duties is arduous and involve outdoor duties.
(xvii) Selected candidates are likely to be posted anywhere on East Coast Railway after successful completion of all pre-appointment formalities, including training wherever prescribed.
(xvii) (a) If a candidate wishes to be considered against a specific community quota, may indicate the community and a certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format should be enclosed with the application form. (b) Any subsequent representation for change of community status will not be entertained under any circumstances.
(xviii) Before applying for a post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other criteria stipulated for the post. The RRC/ECoR would be free to reject any application not fulfilling the requisite criteria at any stage of recruitment and if erroneously appointed, such candidate is liable to be summarily removed from service even after appointment.
(xix) Admission to the examination center is provisional as the applications are fully scrutinized later also during various stages of the recruitment/appointment process. In case a candidate does not fulfill all the requirements prescribed in the Employment Notice, his/her candidature is liable to be rejected even at a later stage, when deficiency is noticed. Mere issue of call letter for appearing in PET / Written Examination by RRC/ECoR does not confer any right to be called for any subsequent stage of recruitment process or placing his name on the final select panel.
(xx) Visually Impaired candidates / those candidates whose writing speed is affected by Cerebral Palsy can avail the assistance of Scribe for writing answers on their behalf. In eligible cases, the candidates will have to arrange their own Scribe at their own cost. The academic qualification of the Scribe should be one grade below the qualification prescribed for the post on the date of written exam. Candidates opting to avail the assistance of Scribe should come to the office of Railway Recruitment Cell accompanying the Scribe at least one week before the date of written exam for obtaining a separate Admit Card for the Scribe. The Scribe will not be allowed into exam hall without the Admit Card.
11. ENCLOSURES: The following enclosures are to be firmly stitched along with the application form. All enclosed certificates which are in a language other than Hindi or English should be translated into Hindi or English along with the attested xerox copies of originals.
(i) One Passport size (4cm x 5cm) photograph should be affixed on application form without fail.
(ii) One loose extra photograph with name, date of birth, and signature of the candidate written on its backside to be clipped with the application form.
(iii) In the case of SC/ST candidates, a certificate from the appropriate authority should be submitted in the format given in Annexure-I.
(iv) In case of OBC candidates, a certificate from the appropriate authority should be submitted in the format given in Annexure-II.
(v) Copies of educational qualification certificates and proof of age as specified in the preceding paras.
(vi) For Widow or Divorced woman who seek relaxation in upper age limit, a certificate obtained from a civil authority in proof of being ‘judicially separated’ and not remarried should be enclosed with the application.
(vii) ‘No Objection Certificate’ in original from the employer for serving government/Public sector employees.
(viii) PWD candidates should submit physical disability certificate issued by a competent authority i.e. a medical Board duly constituted by Central or State Government consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a specialist in the particular field for assessing Locomotor / Cerebral/Visual/Hearing disability as the case may be in terms of Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Personnel & Training Memorandum No.36036/3/2004 – Estt(Res) dtd.29.12.2005.
(ix) Any certificate, Photograph etc, received separately, subsequent to the receipt of application will not be entertained. All enclosed certificates should be attested by a Gazetted Officer. Original Certificates should not be enclosed with the application, unless specifically mentioned anywhere in the instructions/notification.
12. Applications liable to be rejected for any of the following deficiencies, discrepancies or irregularities: (i) Applications from other than Citizens of India or from such persons other than those declared eligible by Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India (ii) Envelope containing the application not superscribed “Application for recruitment against E.N.No.ECoR/RRC/D/2012”. (iii) Application not submitted in prescribed format as given in this employment notice. (iv) Incomplete or illegible applications, (v) Application not filled in blue/black ink. (vi) Applications with overwriting, cutting or erasing marks. (vii) Unsigned/Undated applications (viii) Application without two thumb impressions. (ix) Application without pasting passport size photograph. (x) Applications of UR/OBC candidates without Bank Draft/Postal Orders of requisite value, and with less than six months validity, or issued before the date of issue, and after the date of closure, of this Employment Notice. (xi) Application not filled in English or Hindi. (xii) Application with signatures that are not in running script, and not in Hindi or English. (xiii) Application without the “Declaration” written in candidate’s own handwriting and in running script in English. (xiv) Application without proper certificates obtained from the competent authority in the prescribed format in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates, judicially separated divorced women and widows. (xv) Application of Under aged/Over aged candidates. (xvi) Application of candidates not having the requisite Educational Qualification on the date of submitting application. (xvii) Academic qualification found to be not from recognized Board (xviii) Application without proof of age. (xix) Applications of more than one candidate sent in one envelope. (xx) Applications of a candidate who submits more than one application in single / several envelopes. (xxi) Applications received after closing time on closing date by any means / modes. (xxii) Employees serving under Government or Public Sector Enterprise/ Undertaking, including Railways, applying without “No Objection Certificate” in original and attested copy of ‘Certificate of Service details’ from the employer concerned. (xxiii) Any other condition or any other deemed irregularity as mentioned elsewhere in this Employment Notice.
13. ACTION AGAINST CANDIDATES FOUND GUILTY OF MISCONDUCT:
(i) Candidates are warned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any material information while filling in the application form. Candidates are also warned that they should in no case attempt to alter or otherwise tamper with any entry in a document or its attested / certified copy submitted by them nor should they submit a tampered / fabricated document. Candidates who submit forged caste certificates for securing eligibility and / or obtaining privilege, including free travel, for appearing in an examination, shall be liable not only for rejection of his/her candidature for the particular recruitment for which he/she has applied, but shall be debarred from appearing at any examination conducted by any RRC or RRB all over the country for whole life.
(ii) A candidate may, in addition to the action under relevant provision of the Rules, render himself liable to criminal prosecution and further be disqualified by the RRC from selection for which he is a candidate, or be debarred either permanently or for a period decided by the RRC/ECoR from any examination or selection conducted by all the RRCs / RRBs, and if he/she is already in service under Government, be subjected to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules, if he/she has been found by the RRC/ECoR, or found earlier by any RRC or RRB, to be guilty of any of the following misconduct: (a) Canvassing support for his candidature by any means, (b) Impersonating, (c) Procuring impersonation by any person, (d) Submitting fabricated document or documents which have been tampered with or (e) Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, (f) Resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his / her candidature for the selection, (g) Using unfair means during the examination, (h) Writing irrelevant matter including obscene language or pornographic matter, in the scripts(s), (i) Committing mischief in any other manner in the examination hall, or (j) Harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the RRC/ECoR for the conduct of their test.
14. All male candidates are liable for active Territorial Army Service in Railway Units or such other units as may be laid down in this behalf from time to time.
15. Selected candidates may be required to undergo training wherever necessary, with stipend for a specific period, and to deposit the security amount and execute an indemnity bond or agreement.
16. For any legal dispute the jurisdiction will be at Central Administrative Tribunal, Cuttack.
17. In the event of a dispute, English version of the Employment Notice will be taken as valid. In case of any misprint in the advertisement in the newspaper / website, the copy of the notification as displayed in the office of RRC/ECoR is final and valid.
18. The decision of RRC/ECoR in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, issue of free Rail Passes, Penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of examination(s), allotment of examination Centers, allotment of category of posts to selected candidates will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection. Railway Recruitment Cell, East Coast Railway, Bhubaneswar reserves the right to cancel or modify the recruitment process without assigning reasons thereof.
CAUTION: RRC/ECoR have not appointed any agents or coaching centres for acting on its behalf. Candidates are cautioned against any false claims made by any unscrupulous persons/agencies of getting them selected in this recruitment on illegal consideration. Candidates are also warned to avoid any unscrupulous elements who may assure appointment in railways by seeking bribe in cash or in kind or any other inducement, and are advised not to fall in their trap. The recruitment process conducted by RRC/ECoR is fully computerized and the selection is based purely on the merit of the candidates. If you come across any such persons/agencies, please do inform Dy.Chief Personnel Officer(Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, East Coast Railway Hqs, 2nd Floor, South Block, Rail Sadan, Po-Mancheswar, Bhubaneswar, Orissa-751017. They can also inform the Chief Vigilance Officer, East Coast Railway Hqs, 1st Floor, South Block, Rail Sadan, Po-Mancheswar, Bhubaneswar, Orissa-751017.
Downloading through internet: Candidates can also download and print copy of this notification, Application Form and format of SC/ST & OBC certificates etc. from the website address: www.rrcbbs.org.in. This site may also be referred to in future by the candidates for information / updates pertaining to further stages of the recruitment process.
Note: Candidates must keep a photocopy of the Application Form with them for further reference.
DY. CHIEF PERSONNEL OFFICER (Recruitment)
RAILWAY RECRUITMENT CELL,
EAST COAST RAILWAY, BHUBANESWAR.
Form of Caste Certificate to be produced by SC/ST/OBC Candidates applying for Appointment to Posts under the Government of India
The candidates are required to obtain caste certificates in the proper proforma from the appropriate authority and produce the original certificate at the time of verification failing which he/she may be disqualified. This is strictly required vide chapter 13 of the Brochure (Published by Govt. of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Personnel & Training, New Delhi). As a large number of candidates are producing certificates issued by an authority different from the competent authority they are advised to comply with these instructions.
FORM OF CASTE CERTIFICATE for SC/ST CANDIDATES
(Form of certificate to be produced by a candidate belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes in support of Claim) This is to certify that Shri/Smt./Kum*_________________ Son/Daughter* of ______________ of village/town* _________________ District/Division* ___________________ of State/Union Territory* ___________ belongs to the ___________________ Caste/Tribe* which is recognised as a Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe* under:
• The Constitution (Scheduled Caste) order, 1950
• The Constitution (Scheduled Tribe) order, 1950
• The Constitution (Scheduled Caste) (Union Territories) order, 1951
• The Constitution (Scheduled Tribe) (Union Territories) order, 1951 (as amended by the Scheduled
Caste and Scheduled Tribes Lists Modification), Order, 1956, the Bombay Reorganisation Act 1960, the Punjab Reorganisation Act, 1966, the State of Himachal Pradesh Act, 1970, the North Eastern Areas Reorganisation Act, 1971, and the Scheduled Tribes Order (Amendment) Act, 1976.
• The Constitution (Jammu and Kashmir) Scheduled Caste Order, 1956.
• The Constitution (Jammu and Kashmir) Scheduled Tribe Order, 1956.
• The Constitution (Andaman and Nicobar Islands) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1959.
• The Constitution (Dadra and Nagar Haveli) Scheduled Castes Order, 1962.
• The Constitution (Dadra and Nagar Haveli) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1962.
• The Constitution (Pondicherry) Scheduled Castes Order, 1964.
• The Constitution Scheduled Tribes (Uttar Pradesh) Order, 1967.
• The Constitution (Goa, Daman and Diu) Scheduled Castes Order, 1968.
• The Constitution (Goa, Daman and Diu) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1968.
• The Constitution (Nagaland) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1970.
• The Constitution (Sikkim) Scheduled Caste Order, 1978.
• The Constitution (Sikkim) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1978.
2. Application in the case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Persons who have migrated from One State/Union Territory. This certificate is issued on the basis of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Certificate issued to Shri /Smt. /Kum* ______________________ Father/Mother of Shri/Smt./Kum ____________________ in District/Division* ____________________ State/Union Territory * ____________________ who belongs to the _____________________ Caste/Tribe* which is recognised as a Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe* in State/Union Territory* _____________ issued by the ___________________ (Name of prescribed authority) vide their No. ________________ dated ____________.
3. Shri/Smt/Kum.* _______________________ and of his/her* family ordinarily reside(s) in village/town* ________________ of _____________________ District/Division of State/Union Territory of _____________________ Place ________________ State/Union Territory.
Signature _________________ date __________ Designation (with seal of office)
(*) Please delete the words which are not applicable. (*) Please quote specific presidential order. (*) Delete the Paragraph which is not applicable
NOTE: The term “Ordinarily resides” used will have the same meaning as in Section 20 of the Representation of the Peoples Act. 1950. [List of Authorities empowered to issue certificates of verification: Refer to para-5 of this Employment Notice.]
FORM OF CERTIFICATE TO BE PRODUCED BY OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES
This is to certify that ………………………………… son/daughter of …………………………………. of village………………………… district/division ………………………in ………………………
state belongs to ………………………..community which is recognized as a backward class under:
1) Resolution No.12011/68/93-BCC© dated 10th September 1993, published in the Gazette of India – Extraordinary – part 1, Section 1, No.186 dated 13th September 1993.
2) Resolution No.12011/9/94-BCC dated 19th October 1994, published in the Gazette of India – Extraordinary – part 1, Section 1, No.163, dated 20th October 1994.
3) Resolution No.12011/7/95-BCC, dated 24th May, 1995, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – part 1, Section 1, No.88, dated 25th May 1995.
4) Resolution No.12011/44/96-BCC, dated 6th December 1996, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – part 1, Section 1, No.210, dated 11th December 1996.
5) Resolution No.12011/68/93-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.129, dated the 8th July 1997.
6) Resolution No.12011/12/96-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.164, dated the 1st Sept 1997.
7) Resolution No.12011/99/94-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.236, dated the 11th Dec 1997.
8) Resolution No.12011/13/97-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.239, dated the 3rd Dec 1997.
9) Resolution No.12011/12/96-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.166, dated the 3rd Aug 1998.
10) Resolution No.12011/68/93-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.171, dated the 6th Aug 1998.
11) Resolution No.12011/68/98-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.241, dated the 27th Oct 1999.
12) Resolution No.12011/88/98-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.270, dated the 6th Dec 1999.
13) Resolution No.12011/36/99-BCC, published in Gazette of India – Extraordinary – No.71, dated the 4th April 2000.
Shri………………………………………….and/or his family ordinarily reside(s) in the ….…………………. District/ Division of the ……………………..State. This is also to certify that he/she does not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy Layer) mentioned in column 3 of the Schedule to the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training OM NO.36012/22/93 –Estt (SCT), dated 8.9.1993 and modified vide Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training O.M. 36033/32004-Estt.(Res) dated 09.03.2004.
Dated: District Magistrate/
Note : The term ‘ordinarily’ used here will have the same meaning as in section 20 of the Representation of Peoples Act., 1950.
SELF DECLARATION OF MINORITY COMMUNITY CANDIDATES
(Proforma for declaration to be submitted by Minority Community Candidates along with the application while applying for the Employment Notice No. ECoR/RRC/D/2012 dtd.31.07.2012 for claiming waiver of examination fee)
I___________________________________ Son of Shri _______________________________ resident of Street_____________________________________ Village/Town/City_______________________belongs to the ___________________________(indicate Minority community notified by Central Government i.e. Muslim/ Sikhs/Christian/Buddhist/Parsis)
Date: Signature of Candidate
Place: Name of Candidate
Note:- At the time of document verification such candidates claiming waiver of examination fee will be required to furnish ‘Minority Community Declaration’ affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that he/she belongs to any of the minority community notified by Central Govt. (i.e. Muslim/ Sikhs/Christian/Buddhist/Parsis).