CMRL Recruitment 2013
Chennai Metro Rail Recruitment Notification 2013 has been released for filling up 719 posts. Candidates who are interested and satisfy eligibility criteria can apply before last date i.e., 15.02.2013. Candidates who are applying have to check complete details like Written Objective Type exam, Computer Proficiency Test/ Interview/Skill test details, sample questions, model papers, syllabus, cut off marks, admit card/hall ticket, online application form, challan form, eligibility criteria, Online Test Centres on CMRL Recruitment 2013.
Total number of posts in Chennai Metro Rail Recruitment Notification 2013 are 719. Details of break up in vacancies
- Technicianmechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Civil/Plumbing/Blacksmith/Welding/InformationTechnology) : 265
- Station Controller/ Train Operator /Jr. Engineer (Stations): 244
- Jr. Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Civil) : 210
- Online registration will start(www.chennaimetrorail.gov.in), career Link From 19.01.2013
- Last Date for Registration of online applications : 16-02-2013 at 23.59 hrs.
- Last Date for Receipt of Printed application form with requisite documents/photo by ordinary post to Manager (HR), Chennai Metro Rail Limited
“Harini Towers”, No.7, Conron Smith Road,
Gopalapuram, Chennai 600 086.
- Last date for receipt of printed : 20-02-2013
- Date of Examination March/April, 2013 (Tentative)
Post Code 01 : Station Controller (SC) / Train Operator (TO) / Junior Engineer (Stations)
First class (60 % of marks and above) three years Diploma or Equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical (EEE), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) from a Govt. recognized Institute. Age not exceeding 28 years.
Jobs of Station Controller and Train Operator are inter-changeable in nature (subject to job rotation) as per the requirement of CMRL.
Station Controller : Shall ensure opening of stations at least 15 minutes before commencement of revenue operation and that sufficient number of Ticket Offices are manned. He shall be alert and also shall ensure that security staff at the station are deployed properly and the cleanliness/housekeeping of the station is satisfactory. He also shall see that J.E (Stations) report to duty at nominated time and place and that they perform their duty promptly.
He also shall ensure that escalators, lifts, indicators and announcement system are working properly. He shall take over signaling system from OCC in case of communication failure with OCC or as per advise of OCC. The detailed duties of SCs shall be as per General Rules and as available in Station Working Rules.
Train Operator : Shall report at the nominated place as per the link/roster or advise of Crew Controller, at least half an hour before scheduled departure of the train from the place. He shall be alert and shall be equipped with full complements of equipments supplied to him. He shall ensure that the rake
for revenue service is properly certified for the purpose by depot supervisor and that the cab other than the working cab has been closed and locked properly before proceeding to working cab. He also shall ensure availability of train log book in the rake. He shall be responsible to run the train safely and
report to Operation Control Centre in case of any unusual happening without delay. He shall maintain speed restrictions as per directions given to him.
Junior Engineer (Stations) : Shall be responsible for interaction with commuters at Customer Care Centres (CCC) and catering to their needs & problems, looking after the affairs of Metro Stations including operation control centres in shift duty including night shift.CMRL reserves the right to post selected candidates under this post code to any of above 3 posts.
b. Post Code 02 : Junior Engineer (Mechanical /Electrical/ Electronics/ Civil)
First class (60 % of marks and above) three years Diploma or Equivalent in relevant discipline(Mechanical, EEE, ECE & Civil) from a Govt. recognized Institute. Age not exceeding 28 years.
The job of Junior Engineers includes daily supervision and maintenance of various equipment/utilities in the relevant field -Traction /Electrical /Rolling Stock/Lifts &Escalators/Power Supply/SCADA/Signals/Telecom/Automatic Daily Fare Collection/HVAC/ Mechanical systems and Handling/Operating Tower Wagon/Shunting and also to daily supervision and maintenance of Viaduct /Underground Tunnel/Civil, Building & Track Maintenance and construction works etc. in shift duty including night shift.
c. Post Code 03 : Technician (Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics/Civil /Plumbing / Blacksmith/Welding/Information Technology)
Minimum SSLC pass plus ITI in specific trade with minimum 55% marks from govt. recognized Institute. The number of posts in each trade are listed below. Age not exceeding 28 years.
- 1. For the post of Station Controller/Train Operator/Jr. Engineer (Stations) (Post Code-01), the selection methodology will comprise four stage process – Online Test, Psychometric Test, Proficiency in Tamil followed by Medical examination in A1 category. For details about Medical Standards visit CMRL website.
- 2. For the post of Jr. Engineers lectrical/Electronics/Mechanical/Civil), (Post Codes 02), the selection methodology will comprise three-stage process – Online Test, Proficiency in Tamil followed by Medical examination in A1 category. For details about Medical Standards visit CMRL website.
- 3. For the post of Technician (Post codes 03), the selection methodology will comprise three-stage process – Online Test , Proficiency in Tamil followed by Medical examination in B1 category. For details about Medical Standards visit CMRL website.
The selection process would judge different facets of knowledge (Aptitude & Subject Skills), comprehension, aptitude, proficiency in Tamil and physical fitness. Candidates will have to pass through each stage successfully (including Medical examination) for qualifying for the issue of appointment orders.
The Online test consists of multiple-choice objective type questions (40% General Aptitude and 60% Subject knowledge). There will be no negative marking. The Paper shall be of two hours duration. Successful candidates based on the Online Test, Tamil proficiency Test and Psychometric Test (only
for Post Code no -01) at Chennai, shall be called for Medical Examination. Certificate verification (with reference to originals) will be undertaken prior to joining CMRL. Test will be conducted tentatively in March/April 2013.The same may be subjected to change. Candidates are requested to be in constant
touch with CMRL website for any updates.Instructions on how to answer online tests will be issued along with the hall ticket. Demo online tests will be made available on CMRL website.
Online Test Centres
Online test centres will ordinarily be at Chennai. In case of necessity, the test will be conducted at select centres in Tamil Nadu.