How To Clear L1 Visa Interview ?
An L-1 visa is a visa document used to enter the United States for the purpose of work in L-1 status. It is a non-immigrant visa, and is valid for a relatively short amount of time, from three months (for Iran nationals) to one year (Mexico), two years (Brazil, Russia, China), to five years (India, Japan, Germany), based on a reciprocity schedule. With extensions, the maximum stay is seven years. L1 visas are available to employees of an international company with offices in both the United States and abroad. The visa allows such foreign workers to relocate to the corporation’s US office after having worked abroad for the company for at least one continuous year within the previous three prior to admission in the US.
The US and non-US employers must be related in one of four ways: parent and subsidiary; branch and headquarters; sister companies owned by a mutual parent; or ‘affiliates’ owned by the same or people in approximately the same percentages. The L1 classification also enables a foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send an employee to the United States to help establish one, with additional requirements. Spouses of L1 visa holders are allowed to work without restriction in the US (using an L-2 visa), and the L-1 visa may legally be used as a stepping stone to a green card under the doctrine of dual intent.
Documents required for L1 visa stamp:
Once you receive the L1 approval petition original documents, following is a list of required documents for L1 visa stamping purpose.
- L1 Visa application form confirmation page stamped at Visa Application Center (VAC), See a sample DS160 form.
- US Visa Application fee receipt
- US Visa Interview appointment letter.
- Valid Passport with at least 6 month validity from the date of visa interview.
- All old passports held by the applicant
- Latest resume.
- Copy of the L1 petition submitted to the USCIS.
- Letter from Employer to consulate requesting L1 visa for you.
- All other legal papers you received from your employer.
- Two photographs 2 and 2 inches square (50 mm square) for each applicant, showing full face, without head covering, against a light background. To be used in the application Form.
- US consulates are very particular about the Photographs specifications. You must follow these guidelines for photographs required for US visa.