Have a look at Syllabus for CAT 2011
CAT 2011 Quantitative Ability Syllabus:-
- Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc)
- Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In-equations
- Quadratic and linear equations
- Profit & Loss
- Averages, Percentages, Partnership
- Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time
- Number system: HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS
- Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Set Theory, Venn Diagram
- Instalment Payments, Partnership, Clocks
- Probability, Permutations & Combinations
CAT 2011 Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning Syllabus:-
- Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. visit tutorial»
- Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc.
- Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
- Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.
CAT 2011 English Syllabus:-
- Comprehension of passage,
- Verbal Reasoning,
- Syllogisms ,
- Contextual usage,
- Fill In the Blanks, J
- umbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences,
- Foreign language words used in English,
- Sentence completion,
- Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution,
- Different usage of same word, Errors in word choice, mania & phobia,
- Incorrect words, Mood, Conditionals & Multiple Usage , Punctuation, Proverb, Phrasal verb etc.
CAT 2011 GK/GA/BA Syllabus :-
- Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- World Records
- Books and authors
- Science, History, Geography, International organisations
- Important quotations
- Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.