How to Become a Good Speaker ?
Speaking around a huge people is a huge task and it needs the best principles to execute it and become a good speaker. Being a good speaker requires planning, clarity of thought and a well constructed beginning, middle and end to the speech. A good voice is sometimes a god’s gift. In some voices you will notice a quality which arrests and attracts us.
The qualities that are to be maintained to become a good speaker are:
- Practice speaking: Reading, listening, and speaking are the most important aspects of any language. However, speaking is the only requirement to be fluent. So the natural order is listening, speaking, reading then writing.
- Eye contact: Eye contact is the most important quality for a good speaker. The speaker should look above the people’s head because it looks like his looking at them. He should speak by making the eye contact on everyone
- Adjust the speech: A technical audience will appreciate your use of acronyms. If your audience has trouble grasping the concepts you are relating, it may be necessary to speak slowly and other generally familiar examples.
- Avoid sameness: Sameness is a big enemy to the speaker. So change the same cadence, vocal rhythm, pitch, and tone and gesture patterns. Keep enough variety in the speech such that the listeners get interacted in your speech.
- Let your passion show: There is no substitute for authentic passion at the podium. When you believe in your message and have energy around your topic, it will translate to the audience. Above all else, be yourself up there.
These are the rules that will help you achieve your goal of becoming a good speaker.