How To Become A Yoga Teacher Or Yoga Instructor ?
If you are passionate about yoga, appreciate its health benefits, and want to share these benefits with other people, then you might be the perfect candidate for teaching yoga. A yoga instructor is expected to lead a positive group experience, while providing ongoing personalized feedback. Yoga teachers quickly find that they are responsible for building the size of their classes and must take networking and marketing seriously.
Steps to become a yoga teacher,
- There is yoga instructor course or degrees available in few universities lik eSwami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana or S-VYASA etc.
- Develop a regular yoga practice Before you can teach yoga you will have to become dedicated to practicing it and master all of the pastures involved. If you are new to yoga then find a studio in your area and start with beginner classes eventually working your way up to more advanced ones.
- Decide where you want to teach yoga. Since there is no universal certification program for yoga teachers, you will have to determine what requirements your particular gym or studio requires.
- Complete the proper training. Find a yoga school or studio that offers training for aspiring teachers. The classes will not only teach you physical postures you will also learn about physical anatomy, injury prevention and the history of yoga.
- Visit the studio you wish to teach at and enrol in classes to familiarize with the environment and teaching style.
- Be comfortable in front of a group. Leading a group exercise requires that you be able to both connect one-to-one with others and feel comfortable speaking and commanding an entire room. Have a positive attitude all around.
- Yoga alliance is the national registry for yoga instructors. Their website offers resources and guidelines for completing your certification, and has a directory of teachers in your area.