BANK OF BARODA CLERK RECRUITMENT 2012
Bank of Baroda Clerk Recruitment 2012 invites applications for Clerical post from Indian citizens who have taken the Common Written Examination for Clerical cadre conducted by IBPS in 2011 (details of state-wise, category-wise vacancies and cut-off marks as given below) subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria.
Important Dates for Bank of Baroda Clerk Recrutiment 2012
Number of Vacancies for Bank of Baroda Clerk Recrutiment 2012
Since clerical cadre recruitment would be on State/ UT-wise basis, it will therefore be necessary that candidates apply for vacancies of a State/UT from which they have appeared for the Common Written Examination and in which they have qualified.
State wise and Category wise Cut-off Marks for Bank of Baroda Clerk Recruitment 2012
Scale of Pay for Clerks in Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2012
Basic Pay in Time Scale of Rs.7200 – 19300 plus DA, HRA, etc. as per Bipartite Settlement amended from time to time.
Probation Period for Clerks in Bank of Baroda
The probation period for clerks joined in Bank of Baroda is 6 months.
- It is clarified that Persons with Disabilities will have to work in Branches/Offices which have posts identified by the Bank as suitable for them.
- Candidates belonging to `Reserved Category, including Persons with Disabilities, for which no reservation has been announced, are free to apply for vacancies announced for General category provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down for General category.
- The number of vacancies and also the number of reserved vacancies is provisional and may vary according to actual requirements of the Bank.
Eligibility Criteria for Bank of Baroda Clerk Recruitment 2012
A candidate must be either
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories 2,3,4 and 5 above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Interview conducted by the Bank but on final selection the offer of appointment may be given only after the Government of India has issued the necessary eligibility certificate to him/her
Eligibility Criteria as on 01.08.2011 for the clerk post is Prescribed as below:
IBPS Score Required for Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2012
- Degrees obtained from the recognized Universities/Institutes recognized by the Govt. of India only will be considered.
- The educational qualification prescribed for the post is the minimum.
- Candidates must specifically indicate the class/division and percentage of marks obtained calculated to the nearest two decimals in the relevant column of the application. Where no percentage of marks is awarded by the University, but only CGPA/OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage.
- The result of the qualifying examination, i.e., graduation or equivalent to graduation, as the case may be, should have been announced by the University on or before 01.08.2011.
- Candidates should have obtained the specified IBPS Score in each test and/ in aggregate in the Common Written Examination conducted for Clerical cadre in 2011. Candidates should be able to produce the Score card in support of the scores mentioned in the online application form, if called for further selection processes such as Interview.
a) (i) Candidates still serving in Defence Services and desirous of applying under Ex-Servicemen category should submit a certificate from the competent authority that they would be released/ retired on or before 23rd March 2013, at the time of interview and if they fail to report within this time their offer of appointment will be withdrawn.
(ii) Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group C & D will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex-Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group C/D under the Central Government. However such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation for Ex-Servicemen in Central Govt. Jobs.
(iii) Territorial Army personnel will however be treated as Ex-Servicemen w.e.f.15.11.1986. 5
(iv) An ex-Servicemen who has once joined a Government job on civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an Ex-Servicemen for his re-employment, his Ex-Servicemen status for the purpose of the re-employment in Government ceases.
b) In the case of a candidate who is eligible for relaxation under more than one of the above categories, the age relaxation will be available on cumulative basis with any one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above. This cumulative age relaxation is available to SC/ST/OBC candidates only.
c) The candidates eligible for age relaxation under 3 (iv) above must produce the Domicile Certificate at the time of Interview from the District Magistrate in the Kashmir Division within whose jurisdiction he/she had ordinarily resided or any other authority designated in this regard by Govt. of J & K to the effect that the candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of J & K during 1st Jan. 1980 and the 31st day of December 1989.
d) All persons eligible for age relaxation under Sr. No. 3 (vi) must produce a certificate issued by the District Magistrate to the effect that they are eligible for relief in terms of rehabilitation package for 1984 Riots Affected persons sanctioned by Government and communicated by Ministry of Finance, Department of Financial Services communication no. F.No. 9/21/206-IR dated 27.07.2007.Applicants not fulfilling this criterion and not submitting proof as stated above, WILL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED.
Reservations in Bank of Baroda Clerk Recruitment 2012
A. Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/ Ex-servicemen candidates will be provided as per Government guidelines.
B. Persons with Disabilities:
Under Section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act 1995 only such persons would be eligible for reservation who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability and are certified by a Medical Board appointed by the Central/State Govt. Accordingly, candidates with the following disabilities are eligible to apply. Applicants claiming such benefits should produce certificate in original in support of their claim
at the time of Interview conducted by the Bank, if called by the Bank.
Visually Impaired (VI)
Blindness refers to condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely (1) Total absence of sight, (ii) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses. (iii) Limitation of the field of vision subtending in angle of 20 degrees or worse.Low vision means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive connection but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning of execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
Deaf & Hearing Impaired (HI)
The deaf are those persons in whom the sense of hearing is non- functional for ordinary purposes of life i.e. total loss of hearing in both ears. They do not hear, understand sounds at all even with amplified speech. Hearing impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
Orthopedically Challenged (OC)
Locomotor Disability means disability of bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy. Cerebral Palsy means a group of non-progressive conditions of person characterized by abnormal motor control posture6resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre-natal, peri-natal or infant period of development.
All the cases of Orthopedically Challenged Persons would be covered under the category of ‘Locomotor disability or cerebral palsy’.
C. Definition Of Ex-Servicemen (EXSM)
Ex-Servicemen(EXSM): Only those candidates shall be treated as Ex-servicemen who fulfill the revised definition as laid down in Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms Notification No.36034/5/85 Estt. (SCT) dated 27.01.1986 as amended from time to time.Disabled Ex-Servicemen(DISXS): Ex-servicemen who while serving in Armed Forces of the union were disabled in operation against the enemy or in disturbed areas shall be treated as DISXS.Dependents Of Ex-Servicemen Killed In Action (DXS): Servicemen killed in the following operations would be deemed to have been killed in action attributable to military service
(a) war (b) war like operations or Border skirmishes either with Pakistan on cease fire line or any other country (c) fighting against armed hostiles in a counter insurgency environment vizNagaland, Mirzoram, etc. (d) serving with peace keeping mission abroad (e) laying or clearance of mines including enemy mines as also mine sweeping operation between one month before and three months after conclusion of an operation (f) frost bite during actual operations or
during the period specified by the Government (g) dealing with agitating para-military forces personnel (h) IPKF Personnel killed during the operations in Sri Lanka.As the reservation for Persons with Disabilities/ Ex-servicemen is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category (viz. SC/ST/OBC/ GEN) to which
Application Fee for Bank of Baroda Clerk Recruitment 2012
6. The Complaint Authority for the issue of Certificate to SC/ST/OBC/PWD Candidates is as below:
(a) For SC/ST/OBC:
District Magistrate/Additional Dist Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Dy. Commissioner/Dy. Collector/First Class Stipendary Magistrate/Sub-Division Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner/ Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate/ Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar/Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his/her family normally resides.
(b) For Persons with Disabilities:
Authorised Certifying Authority will be Medical Board at the District level. The Medical Board consists of Chief Medical Officer, Sub-Divisional Medical Officer in the District and a member who is a specialist in Orthopaedics, ENT or Ophthalmology, as the case may be,7
Selection Procedure for Bank of Baroda Clerk Recruitment 2012
- Depending on the number of vacancies, only those candidates who are qualified in the Common Written Examination for recruitment of Clerical personnel conducted by IBPS in 2011 and possess a valid score card issued by IBPS and rank sufficiently high in the order of merit based on the Total Weighted Standard Score shall be called for a personal interview in the ratio of 1:4 for General category and 1:5 for Reserved category. In other words, 4 candidates against one vacancy in General Category and 5 candidates against one vacancy in respect of Reserved category stipulated would be called for personal interview depending upon their ranking, as per Total Weighted Standard Score obtained by them. The Bank reserves its right to call for the Interview, candidates otherwise than in the above ratio at its sole discretion.
- A personal interview shall be conducted to assess the candidate’s attitude, personality, level of communication, clarity and problem solving innovativeness, knowledge /proficiency inlocal/State language (ability to read, write and speak local/State language) level of effectiveness in computer operations, willingness to work anywhere in the State etc. to assess their suitability for the post. The minimum qualifying marks for the interview would be 40% for General Category and 35% for Reserved Category. Candidates not clearing the personal interview will not be considered for final selection.
- Selection for the post of Clerk will be based on the Total Weighted Standard Score in the Common Written Examination conducted by IBPS in 2011 and marks scored in the Interview.
- Candidates passing the personal interview (40% in respect of General and 35% in respect of Reserved category) will be ranked in the descending order on the basis of the Weighted Score obtained in the written test conducted by IBPS, personal interview under the respective SC/ ST/ OBC/ GEN Category. Weightage for marks scored in IBPS and Interview shall be taken in the proportion of 60:40.
- Subject to the vacancies available under the respective category, only those candidates who pass the personal interview will be shortlisted for selection.
Interview Centers for Bank of Baroda Clerk Recruitment 2012
The Interview will be held at the following centres and the address of the venue will be advised in the call letters. The address of the venues will also be displayed in the Bank’s website one week before the dates for commencement of Interviews. List of tentative Interview centers are given below :
(i) Request for change of Centre of Interview shall NOT be entertained.
(ii) Bank reserves the right to cancel any of the centres and/or add some other centres, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc. Bank also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any of the centres other than the one he/she has opted for.
General Instructions for Candidates
(a) Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this advertisement. He/ She should be able to read, write and speak English. Should possess proficiency in the official language of the State/ UT (ability to read, write and speak local/ State language) in which they have appeared for the Common Written Examination and in which they have qualified. Should be computer literate (proficient in MS Office Basic Applications). Decision of the Bank in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which scrutiny of such eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of the conduct of Interview, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate. No correspondence or
personal enquiries shall be entertained by the bank on this behalf. Mere admission to the Written Test and/ or passing the test and being invited by the Bank for the Interview shall not imply that the Bank has been satisfied beyond doubt about the candidate’s eligibility. Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria and who do not produce the photocopies as well as the originals of all the documents required to be submitted and as advised in this notification as well as in the Interview call letter, for any reason, whatsoever, shall not be permitted to participate in the Interview, even though they may have obtained the desired level of score in the Written examination and have been called for interview. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/certificate/documents or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
(b) Candidates belonging to OBCs but coming in the “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as “Gen” or “Gen Persons With Disabilities’ as applicable. OBC Certificates in the format as prescribed by the Govt. of India and issued by the Competent Authority inter alia, specifically stating that the candidate does not belong to theSocially Advanced Sections excluded from the benefits of reservations for OBCs in Civil Posts and Services under Govt. of India i.e. carrying ‘CREAMY LAYER’ clause which is not more than one year old should be submitted at the time of Interview (Click here for downloading the format).
(c) Persons With Disabilities claiming the benefit of reservations/age relaxation should possess Medical Certificate as specified in the Disabilities Act of 1995 in support of their disability.(d) Candidates serving in Government/Public Sector Undertakings (including banks) should send their application through proper channel and produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of Interview, in the absence of which their candidature may not be considered.
(e) The candidates will have to appear for interview at their own expense. However, unemployed eligible SC/ST/PWD outstation candidates attending the Interview will be reimbursed to and fro second class ordinary train/bus fare by the shortest route on production of evidence of travel. The Bank will not be responsible for any injury/ losses, etc of any nature.
(f) Selected candidates would be posted in any of the vacancies of the State/ Union Territory from where they have appeared for the Common Written Examination which they have qualified.
(g) Any request for change of address will not be entertained.
(h) Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Mumbai. The Bank takes no responsibility to connect any Certificate/Remittance sent separately.
(i) In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation of version other than English, English
(j) No candidate is permitted to use calculator, telephones of any kind, pagers or any such other
instruments during the selection process.
(k) The Bank may at its discretion hold a second stage/ conduct Supplementary process wherever
necessary in respect of a centre/venue/specific post of a candidate(s).
(l) Appointment of selected candidates is subject to his/her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Bank. Such appointment will also be subject to the Service & Conduct Rules of the Bank.
(m) Banking is a versatile activity, which needs all round grooming of the selected candidates.Accordingly, the Clerical cadre staff, recruited/selected in the Bank, will be required to acquire overall knowledge of various facets of banking for which the Bank will provide necessary on-thejob/theoretical training at its Branches/Offices including Staff Training College, so as to enable candidates recruited perform/undertake all type of banking activities.
(n) All Candidates must submit the xerox copies of the prescribed certificates in support of their educational qualification, experience, date of birth, caste, Score card issued by IBPS etc. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Persons with Disabilities Category are required to submit an attested copy of their caste certificate/certificate of handicap issued by the competent authority as specified at Sr.No.06 in addition to other certificates as specified above. Candidates will also have to produce original caste certificate/relevant certificates at the time of Interview, failing which his/her candidature will be cancelled.
(o) A recent, recognizable passport size photograph should be firmly pasted on the computer generated application/ should be uploaded in the online application form and should be signed across by the candidate. Three copies of the same photograph should be retained for use at the time of interview. Candidates are advised not to change their appearance till the recruitment process is complete. Failure to produce the same photograph at the time of the interview may lead to disqualification.
(p) Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
(q) Action against candidates found guilty of misconduct :-Candidates are advised in their own interest that they should not furnish any particulars that are false, tampered, fabricated or should not suppress any material information while filling up the ‘Online’ application.
(r) Bank reserves the right to change the selection procedure, if necessary. The change, if any, shall be communicated to the candidates in advance.
(s) Bank would be free to reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process, if he/she is found to be ineligible. If appointed, such a candidate may be summarily removed and the fees paid by the ineligible candidates shall be forfeited. If selected for interview, candidates serving in Government / Public Sector Undertakings
(including Banks & Financial Institutions) will be required to submit their applications accompanied by a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview, in the absence of which their candidature will not be considered. It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she has met with the eligibility criteria and complied with the requirements and adhered to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.
How to Apply for Bank of Baroda Clerk Recruitment 2012
- Candidates are required to apply Online through website www.bankofbaroda.com. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates are required to have a valid personal email ID and Contact No. (the same email ID and Contact Number as registered with IBPS CWE Clerk 2011). It should be kept active during the currency of this recruitment project. Bank may send call letters for interview through the registered email ID. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/ mention email ID to/ or of any other person.
- Applicants are first required to go to the Bank’s website www.bankofbaroda.com and open the link ‘Careers – Ongoing Recruitment Exercises’. Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification entitled Bank of Baroda RECRUITMENT OF CLERICAL PERSONNEL – PROJECT 2012′.
Mode of Payment for Bank of Baroda Clerical Recruitment 2012
Candidates have the option of remitting fees via ONLINE MODE or OFF-LINE MODE. Under the On-line mode, the application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions. The payment can be made using only Master/ Visa Debit or Credit Card by providing information as asked on the screen. On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt would be generated. Candidates are required to take a print of the e-receipt which will have to be produced, if called for interview.
Under the Off-line Mode, kindly take a note of the following
- Take a print of ‘FEE PAYMENT CHALLAN’ (click here to download the Fee Payment Challan).
- Fill in the Fee Payment Challan in a clear and legible handwriting in BLOCK LETTERS.
- Go to the nearest Bank of Baroda Branch with the Fee Payment Challan duly filled in and pay, in Cash the appropriate Application Fee in Account No. 29040200000257 with Bandra Kurla Complex Branch, Mumbai, in favour of Bank of Baroda ‘RECRUITMENT OF CLERICAL PERSONNEL – PROJECT 2012’. Candidates may find out required branch address from our website www.bankofbaroda.comunder option Branch Locator, select State & ‘City’ and press ‘enter’
- Obtain the Counterfoil (Applicant’s Copy) of the Fee Payment Challan duly received by the Bank with (a) Branch Name & Code Number (b) Transaction ID (c) Date of Deposit & Amount filled by the Branch Official.
- Candidates are now ready to apply Online by re-visiting the Recruitment Page of the Bank’s website and going to the sublink titled “Online APPLICATION FOR BANK OF BARODA CLERICAL PERSONNEL RECRUITMENT PROJECT-2012”. Click on this sublink will open up the appropriate Online Application Format.
- Carefully fill in the necessary in the Online Application Form at the appropriate places and submit the same Online.
- Take a printout of the system generated online application form to be submitted at the time of interview, copies of which may also be retained for your reference.
- The Registration Number and Password generated should also be retained for future reference.
- Original counterfoil of the fee payment challan/ online payment receipt (e-receipt) will have to be produced, if called for interview.
- Without counterfoil of the fee payment challan/ online payment receipt, the candidates will not be allowed to appear for the Interview. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep 3 photocopies of the fee payment challan/ online payment receipt for future use.
- The name of the candidate or his/ her father/ husband etc should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/ mark sheets. Any change/ alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
Note:Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will NOT be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other recruitment or selection process.
Call Letter for Interview in Bank of Baroda Clerical Recruitment 2012
Call letters for the purpose of interview will be sent to the shortlisted/ eligible candidates only through email at the email address given by them in the application form while registering for the Common Written Examination for recruitment of Clerical personnel 2011-12. A list of all such candidates along with details such as date, time and venue of the interview will also be hosted on the bank’s website www.bankofbaroda.com. Candidates are requested to regularly visit the Bank’s website and keep track of the status of their candidature, from time to time. Kindly note that no other mode of communication pertaining to the interview process other than mentioned above, will be followed. Candidate has to affix his/her photograph on the call letter. Candidate has to bring this call letter along with original fee payment receipt and requisite enclosures while attending the Interview without which they will not be allowed to take up the Interview.
Identity Verification in Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2012
The candidate should, while appearing for the personal interview produce for verification in original and submit photo copies if required, the call letter, fee payment receipt, photo identity card, such as PAN Card, Passport, Driving License/ Voters Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph, copy of the application made to IBPS for the Common Written Examination for recruitment of Clerical personnel 2011-12. If the identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the Interview. Merely satisfying the eligibility criteria norms do not entitle the candidate to be called for interview.
The Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for interview after preliminary screening/ short-listing with reference to the candidate’s age, qualification, essential requirements, suitability, Score obtained in CWE etc. The Bank reserves the right to reject any application/ candidature at any stage or cancel the conduct of interview/ process without assigning any reason. Government Guidelines on reservation in recruitment shall be applicable. Decision of the Bank in respect of all matters pertaining to this recruitment would be final and binding on all candidates.
Detailed advertisement can be viewed at website – www.bankofbaroda.com.